Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

she says that they are way superior to SSC figures and I should stop buying SSC altogether and focus on just HT.

Thats funny, my wife has said the same thing to me. Especially after I got the Power Loader.

I agree the stands suck. They're just crap plane and simple. The complexions are too dark also but not bad enough to make them not worth it though.

How are you guys putting her sheeth on? I don't see how to attach it.

I agree the stands suck. They're just crap plane and simple. The complexions are too dark also but not bad enough to make them not worth it though.

How are you guys putting her sheeth on? I don't see how to attach it.

There should have been a little packet containing a single string and some instructions. Basically you cut the string in half,using one-half to string through the sheath holder, than through a small hole close to the throat of the sheath(aka the opening where the blade enters) and then back through the other side of the sheath holder. You tie that to one of the small rings on the right (your right) side of her belt. Take the other half of the string and then put that through the small hold that is lower on the sheath and then bring that up to the other belt ring and tie it up.

You should keep the top string basically right under the first belt ring, while the bottom string hangs loosely, maybe about 1 cm below the belt ring.

6344_press05-001.jpg

Yeah, they must have left that out someplace. I'll have to find a string to use then. LOL

Check around your the figure plastic packaging...it might have been taped along the inside of the package along the back.

The string is black btw!

I'll look again tomorrow. Double checked when I got home but still didn't see it.

Goodness, after reading of all the difficulties getting Jack to look right I'm almost afraid to get the Hot Toys one. I'm always afraid I'm gonna ruin something when I attempt to futz.

if fear of futzing is all that is keeping you from getting this figure, just order him now :D -- it really isn't that difficult to get all the little doodads on him and looking right -- he is the first hot toys figure i bought & i can tell you i wish i hadn't waited -- worth every penny! the sculpt, paint, tailoring & accessories are fantastic!!

Thanks for all the tips guys. This thread is gonna come in handy on Monday when my HT Jack gets here.:rock

I got to say the clothing on Jack is just amazing. Not only in the way it fits, but the detailing... really nice lining on the vest and jacket, working pockets on the pants, the puffy shirt sleeves you never see hidden by the jacket complete with button/string on the cuffs, even the string around the collar is able to slide... just perfectly done, even if it's covered and unseen you know it's there which is nice. I wish the hat was fabric as well, but whatever. These are how 1/6th clothes should be made... although we do pay for it.

all the difficulties getting Jack to look right

It isn't so much difficulty, it's really a matter of just being meticulous if you're dead set on being faithful to the film. You can get the jist of Jack's look with all the trinkets with a minimum fuss, but some of us want to capture the screen look so we're a bit more picky about the details. And execution isn't all that hard, as I said, it's just more a time consumer because you wanna make sure you get things right.

I for one love to futz with my figures. I would be a little dissapointed if I opened the box and he was in perfect condition. I really enjoy it, its one of the best things about collecting 1/6 figures, and what draws me away from PF and statues.

Futzing is fun because you get to have YOUR figure, whatever style makes you happy you can make it so.

Futzing is fun because you get to have YOUR figure, whatever style makes you happy you can make it so.

That must be why WorGar gets his undressed, he likes naked dollies:lol

Here is a crappy pic of my Jack. I still need to do some weathering on the baldric. I made longer straps out of thin leather and attached it to the existing scabbard holder. It is missing the cool stitching of the Hot Toys straps, but I can live without it. The base is from Mcfarlane's 12" Predator. I want to do some additional painting and weathering to the base as well.

I really need to work on my lighting for my pics :D

Jack2.jpg

Here is a crappy pic of my Jack. I still need to do some weathering on the baldric. I made longer straps out of thin leather and attached it to the existing scabbard holder. It is missing the cool stitching of the Hot Toys straps, but I can live without it. The base is from Mcfarlane's 12" Predator. I want to do some additional painting and weathering to the base as well.

I really need to work on my lighting for my pics :D

Jack2.jpg

Very nicely done :clap That's about where HT's baldric should have come down too, perhaps they'll correct it on the new Jack, that'd be nice. Did you do any softening or work of any kind on his sash?

Yep, I washed the sash by hand a couple of times. I also put the sash back on him while it was still wet. I am pretty happy with the way it came out.

I hope they correct the baldric on the new Jack as well. This one was way too short.

Did the pink lines bleed any with the white when you washed the sash?

Back