Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Surprisingly the red did not bleed into the white. Whatever they used to dye the material holds up pretty well.

Excellent, I think I'm going to give that a shot today, it's the one thing on my Jack that really nags me, it's just so stiff from the factory, which is in a way good because you know it's durable. Soft as Medi's is, with the frayed edges, it almost feels like it could come apart with little effort.

I for one love to futz with my figures. I would be a little dissapointed if I opened the box and he was in perfect condition. I really enjoy it, its one of the best things about collecting 1/6 figures, and what draws me away from PF and statues.

Well then, you must hate Hot Toys. I've never futz with their figures.

Well then, you must hate Hot Toys. I've never futz with their figures.

Me either on these two. I really rarely mess with any of them much though from SS, Medicom, or HT.

Good to know its not too difficult to get him looking good. I definitely don't need him to be screen perfect, although there are some things I can get nitpicky about. But then it may not really matter, it all depends on the height difference between my Medi Jack and HT Elizabeth. I should know whether I need to shell out the money for the HT Jack later today or tomorrow. Really if I would have known sideshow was going to distribute these I wouldn't have even gotten the Medi. I ordered about a week before Sideshow made their announcement. BTW awesome pics people.

I don't think futzing with HT figures is indicative of issues, but rather indicative of the possibilities that are open the way they do things. Out of the box, no figure looks like it should unless it's something like a super hero with minimal elements to the outfit. Jack looks pretty good out of the box, but thanks to the way the belts and all are, you can really work on him to get a great representation of the film appearance.

That must be why WorGar gets his undressed, he likes naked dollies:lol

:D

You caught me... even though I post pics of my figures futzed, I actually take all their clothes off and pose them in bizarre orgy displays where I mix characters from my favorite franchises. It's fantastic!

:monkey3

:D

You caught me... even though I post pics of my figures futzed, I actually take all their clothes off and pose them in bizarre orgy displays where I mix characters from my favorite franchises. It's fantastic!

:monkey3
yeah well who doesnt do that??:lol

IMG_4785.jpg

IMG_4815.jpg

im still on the fence about the elizabeth fig. she just doesnt look right. she looks man-ish. does she look better in person or do you have to struggle to see the likeness.

I don't see any struggle for the likeness at all. The only thing I'm seeing in pictures that bothers me with Elizabeth, is something the bothers me with every 1/6 maker that puts long, parted hair on as sort of a toupe piece, it just feels TOO unnatural, I know that plastic toys will never look like real hair being molded, but these sorts just never sit well, like SSC Aragorn, Faramir, Boromir, now Elizabeth, I don't knnow what it is but it doesn't feel right to me.

I don't see any struggle for the likeness at all. The only thing I'm seeing in pictures that bothers me with Elizabeth, is something the bothers me with every 1/6 maker that puts long, parted hair on as sort of a toupe piece, it just feels TOO unnatural, I know that plastic toys will never look like real hair being molded, but these sorts just never sit well, like SSC Aragorn, Faramir, Boromir, now Elizabeth, I don't knnow what it is but it doesn't feel right to me.
so it looks better in person then?

Yeah, that's definitely her. Big ol' jawline and all.

Looks alot like her to me too. Maybe a little less feminine than she looks in movies, but the likeness is really good.

Man, I wish I could see your Jack in hand next to mine Josh, I can't tell if it's the photo but he looks much darker than mine, I wonder if the latest batch may have come out darker.

Great picture, I just wish I could see at least a hint of Johnny Depp in the headsculpt. Looks like a drunk hispanic dude. At least you've got that extra smirking head with v2 Jack to swap out this one with.

that's what i've been waiting for.

A large part of Depp's likeness is lost in the way the eys were painting looking more upward, which is a big reason the v2 smirk head and cannibal makeup head look much better, the eyes are painted correctly. I photoshopped the eyes in this image for the wallpaper design, and I think it helps quite a bit, and also, the eyes look like Depp from certain angles.

14SD.jpg

9.jpg

Back