Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Could someone post a pic of Elizabeth standing next to Jack for a height comparison. She looks good with my Medi Jack, but I'm wondering if maybe when Will comes out the size difference will be notable. Sorry if someone already posted this. Being on dial-up I don't see a lot of the pictures when there are a bunch on one page. Thanks!

Great picture, I just wish I could see at least a hint of Johnny Depp in the headsculpt. Looks like a drunk hispanic dude. At least you've got that extra smirking head with v2 Jack to swap out this one with.

Thanks! I see Depp in the sculpt its just the paint is a tad too dark.

Man, I wish I could see your Jack in hand next to mine Josh, I can't tell if it's the photo but he looks much darker than mine, I wonder if the latest batch may have come out darker.

The photo isn't making it much darker than it really is. Not sure what the deal is but he's kind of dark.

The photo isn't making it much darker than it really is. Not sure what the deal is but he's kind of dark.

How does it compare to the skin tone in this image, this one just about represents how my figure looks.

6.jpg

Wor-Gar's looks to be the same as mine, so if yours is that much darker, maybe it's a unique instance and might be worth talking to Sideshow about getting it replaced.

Its a decent amount darker than that. Not sure what the deal is with mine.

Hard to say, I've had mine almost 5 months, since it took this long for Sideshow to get him, I'm sure it's because it's from a different production run, maybe something happened.

Hard to say, I've had mine almost 5 months, since it took this long for Sideshow to get him, I'm sure it's because it's from a different production run, maybe something happened.

Thats possible. I'm glad I have it either way but it does make it more likely that I'll get the second figure.

Hey Josh, mine is just like yours. I just got mine a week ago, but not from Sideshow. It's much darker than Mauls or Wor-Gar's. All Jacks hands are the same colour as well, so they must have done it on purpose. So it isn't an anomaly. You aren't as crazy as people think. You're only as crazy as everyone else is. :lol

Just remember the nice men in the white coats are our friends.

Don't mind me gang, I'm just really into Pirates right now, now that I've got the complete Trilogy in my collection, but Jack's all i have til Monday, so I'm giving an OD of Sparrow. Thanks for sharing leatherneck, I soaked my sash a few times and mangled it around until it was all wrinkly and beaten looking, still could use some more work probably, but much better and more natural than how it was. Even though I wrapped it like the film, it was still smooth, flat and stiff from production, and Jack's never going to keep that neat lol.

"I'm Captain Jack Sparrow, savvy?"

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

"And that was with out a single drop of rum!"

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

"...and really bad eggs...drink up my hearties yo ho!"

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

Could someone post a pic of Elizabeth standing next to Jack for a height comparison. She looks good with my Medi Jack, but I'm wondering if maybe when Will comes out the size difference will be notable. Sorry if someone already posted this. Being on dial-up I don't see a lot of the pictures when there are a bunch on one page. Thanks!

0011766.jpg

Maulfan, you have to post your lighting setup - those are some seriously great pics.

Elizabeth and Sao are good heights and good proportion, Jack, while a great figure, is way ovesized, he truly should be about the same height as Elizabeth.

normal_1a.jpg

Maulfan, you have to post your lighting setup - those are some seriously great pics.

Thanks Dave, there really is no setup though. I have a shoe mount flash, and also a 2 foot cable to connect the flash to the camera if I want it to be hand held. Each figure and each pose works better under different lighting conditions, so I usually go through about 2-3 images per pose/angle til I get the right lighting for the view, but might use something all together different from another angle. I do what's most flattering to the piece rather than use a single setup and just shoot everything under it.

That's the only way to do it. I know some people set up stationary lights, but that doesn't make sense. I've worked on far too many toy commercials to do that myself. It should always be a new set up per pose/ angle.

I can't imagine how some people wouldn't notice you can't keep the same light setup. I usually find it painfully obvious it's not going to work because the image is horrid looking. I'll start each pose with pretty much the same source as the first image of the set, but I check it out whether it's good or not. Average, I take at least 3 times as many photos as I share, mostly because I have 3 copies for every one that's posted.

Elizabeth and Sao are good heights and good proportion, Jack, while a great figure, is way ovesized, he truly should be about the same height as Elizabeth.

normal_1a.jpg

Now that's going to bug me no end. I'll have to display Medicom Jack with the other Pirates now...

Back