Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

I agree....we should have at least gotten something by now....Jack has been out for over 3 months now....

Angelica may be scrapped, and at this point, I'd say Cannibal Jack, if it happens, will just pop up at some random time because Jack doesn't require movie hype to sell, he'll be as popular at any time so long as his quality is up to the DX figure level.

barbossacasting01.jpg

He looks great! :clap

This is my attempt of a Barbossa-Figure, but he is not ready yet.

We found some great fabric for the coat, a test coat maybe ready next week. It won’t be in the fabric we bought for it, just one to test fit it to the body.

We found some great fabric for the coat, a test coat maybe ready next week. It won’t be in the fabric we bought for it, just one to test fit it to the body.

That sounds AWESOME Spenser! Can't wait to start seeing some samples of everything and seeing this guy start to take shape!

PS, what body do you think you might use for Barbossa? I've noticed in promo shots that he's quite a bit taller than Jack. Maybe a narrow-shoulder with the Captain America LONG foot pegs might provide the proper height? Or were you thinking of going with a sculpted neck body, like how Jack and Will Turner are on sculpted neck bodies?

That is exciting news! The coat material is very unique so finding something that works if half the battle.

I know people don't use them anymore but maybe a Buck body would be good. I'm not familiar with the Cap body with extended legs but unique HT bodies are pretty pricey.

Spenser: were you planning to offer a complete Barbossa or just the key costume bits (ie coat, vest, hat)? I realize the full figure may price itself out of the market, that's why I ask. Also, if it's just the key bits, then it might be prudent to start shopping for good deals on so DX Sparrow bits, like swords and belts and boots and shirts and pants to use for Babrbossa.

Yeah, it wouldn't actually be the Cap body, as that would be too muscular, but he did come with the option of leg extenders to make him a bit taller. You can get those leg extender pieces on Ebay for around $10, so it's not too bad a deal to add a little height.

As for the bits and bobs for Barbossa, I'm hoping we'll get his vest, jacket, hat with feather, monkey Jack (which apparently is pretty much done! :)), and head sculpt at the very least...but I would love to get pants, belt, scabbard belt, sash, sword (or at least his handle to bash onto a Jack sword) and flintlock (or at least some sculpted pieces to add to a Jack flintlock to make it look like Barbossa's) and boots. His belts and buckles are as unique to him as the rest of his gear IMO.

I figure a Jack pirate shirt should work underneath everything to save the work on making a pirate shirt.

Also, here's a good shot for height reference to Jack:

Captain%20Barbossa,%20Elizabeth%20Swann%20and%20Captain%20Jack%20Sparrow.jpg

Well with Spenser taking a crack at this, and the two of us bringing up the rear with finding suitable parts, maybe this Barbossa custom project can finally begin...

Spenser: when you get the outfit ready to show, definitely start a CUSTOM BARBOSSA PROJECT thread.

I believe I’ll be producing just about everything including the buttons, belts and buckles that I’ll be etching. His pistol is unique so I was going to do that also. You might want to find a sword though.

I’ll try and price everything separately so if you already have or want to find other pieces you can do so and maybe save a bit.

I believe I’ll be producing just about everything including the buttons, belts and buckles that I’ll be etching. His pistol is unique so I was going to do that also. You might want to find a sword though.

I’ll try and price everything separately so if you already have or want to find other pieces you can do so and maybe save a bit.

:yess:

:rock :rock :rock

Brilliant, Spenser!

Your price estimate will definitely let me know if I can afford the entire project or just the key parts and I can find the rest.

I like the separate items deal. Makes customizing a little more custom friendly.

Is there a separate thread for this Barbarossa custom project in the Customs section? search has failed me.

Right - I just don't trust my search skills so was afraid I'd missed it.

At this point, I'm guessing everything in their to-do list are being worked on, meaning not as much attention paid to just one piece compared to another. They said they're working on MGS and Pirates and Platoon and have revealed that they're doing Predators, so I don't think anything's been scrapped, just that progress is now slower.

Back