Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

He must have had an edition size 10x lower than they do now. I've never seen a figure with asking prices of over $700!

Davy Jones is one of HT best released and still displays well next to the DX06. No need for a new version besides a 2.0 for those that missed on him the first time.

Idk, I had mine and sold it a long time ago. Davy Jones is my favorite of the POTC villains but to me, that figure just didn't look right. I'd honestly wish they'd do a second one b/c I know they can do better.

The way you have yours displayed shows that it still holds up well (great display btw, love what you did w/ Jack in the chair and giving Jones the rudder), but the MK1 still held up well yet HT is doing a 2.0 of him, with everything pretty much the same except for a new sculpt, flame thrower addition and sandy base. I'd like to see an updated sculpt on Jones along with HT new paint apps

He must have had an edition size 10x lower than they do now. I've never seen a figure with asking prices of over $700!

the original Iron Man MK1 went for about $1000. I've even seen HT Resident Evil 4 Leon Kennedy figures go for over $1000

Idk, I had mine and sold it a long time ago. Davy Jones is my favorite of the POTC villains but to me, that figure just didn't look right. I'd honestly wish they'd do a second one b/c I know they can do better.

The way you have yours displayed shows that it still holds up well (great display btw, love what you did w/ Jack in the chair and giving Jones the rudder), but the MK1 still held up well yet HT is doing a 2.0 of him, with everything pretty much the same except for a new sculpt, flame thrower addition and sandy base. I'd like to see an updated sculpt on Jones along with HT new paint apps

Thanks. :) Sure it could get a 2.0 release, but looking at the popularity of Iron Man vs POTC and Davy Jones, I dont see it happening any time soon.
Looking at him right now...if they were to do a 2.0, Id like to see bendy tentacle beard. Real Cloth cape, with added plastic/rubbery ocean life on it. Much like they did with HT Two Face coat. And a little better articulation. So he could be posed in a sword fighting stance better.

One thing I do really like with this Davy Jones though is the "wet" look the paint apps give it. :)

I still can't believe we will never get a Hot Toys Barbossa... :monkey2

Never say never!

It has been confirmed.

As long as there is money to be made, you never know. I know they made the statement they aren't doing it, but to me that's just a way of saying not in the next 4 years. If another POTC movie comes out (technically the 4th one made good money), perhaps we'll see a renewed attempt.

Perhaps Rush is giving them a hard time as well?

As long as there is money to be made, you never know. I know they made the statement they aren't doing it, but to me that's just a way of saying not in the next 4 years. If another POTC movie comes out (technically the 4th one made good money), perhaps we'll see a renewed attempt.

Perhaps Rush is giving them a hard time as well?

I thought HT confirmed Rush wont give his likeness and that is why Barbossa wont happen? :dunno Thought I read that in an interview.

EDIT: They just mention that he wont be done, so that could be for whatever reasons. Too bad.

Thanks. :) Sure it could get a 2.0 release, but looking at the popularity of Iron Man vs POTC and Davy Jones, I dont see it happening any time soon.
Looking at him right now...if they were to do a 2.0, Id like to see bendy tentacle beard. Real Cloth cape, with added plastic/rubbery ocean life on it. Much like they did with HT Two Face coat. And a little better articulation. So he could be posed in a sword fighting stance better.

One thing I do really like with this Davy Jones though is the "wet" look the paint apps give it. :)

I agree. If a new Davy Jones were to be released I'd hope for more real cloth/fabric with sculpted pieces attached and less rubber, only for the tentacles.

Way back when the DX Sparrow was announced I remember in an interview or something HT said that only 1 character from DMC was going get a make over which turned out to be Cannibal Jack. I don't see a Jones 2.0 happening (at least not anytime soon). I think we'll only see Cannibal Jack and Angelica and that will be it for a while unfortunately.

Makes me wish Enterbay would step up to the plate for us.

Indeed! After getting their Elvis, I would welcome an Enterbay Barbossa into my collection no problemo!

I agree. If a new Davy Jones were to be released I'd hope for more real cloth/fabric with sculpted pieces attached and less rubber, only for the tentacles.

Way back when the DX Sparrow was announced I remember in an interview or something HT said that only 1 character from DMC was going get a make over which turned out to be Cannibal Jack. I don't see a Jones 2.0 happening (at least not anytime soon). I think we'll only see Cannibal Jack and Angelica and that will be it for a while unfortunately.

True. Unfortunately after Angelica and DMC CK Sparrow we wont see another POTC figure till Pirates 5 and that will probably be another Sparrow :lol

Davy Jones 2.0 would be awesome. the current is going for insane prices. which sucks.
however if we get Angelica and Blackbeard, I'm happy.
I also would like a re-issue of Elizabeth and OB.

"We have nothing planned for this figure".

I don't believe it. They will make a Barbossa. You'll see....It might be 2, or 3 years from now but they will. I figure after the buzz of PoTC5, they'll make 2 characters from the that movie...old Barbs, and someone else.

I don't believe it. They will make a Barbossa. You'll see....It might be 2, or 3 years from now but they will. I figure after the buzz of PoTC5, they'll make 2 characters from the that movie...old Barbs, and someone else.

I normally would suggest the main villain for the next movie... but not even a peep for Blackbeard. :dunno

Back