Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Way to throw me aside man! :lol

You know that's not true. :D Just didn't want to speak out of turn.

But hell YES -- bring on the sculpt and price for outfit bits. That sculpt ROCKS by the way!

Honestly, All I need is the jacket and vest and I bet we could all source the rest from previous pirates parts.

Steven, that's looking AMAZING! :clap :yess:

I for one would be verrrry interested in what you could come up with for a price on the sculpt/outfit. :hi5:

aha! as i said a few posts ago, i knew you'd knock it outta the park. didn't know you'd started one already tho. outstanding! and i bet the outfit looks awesome too. i'd try to put real hair on mine unless you offered it Spenser.

Won't be released Barbossa....
I'm very disappointed :( . Maybe won't be released Blackbeard, and for sure won't be released Captain Teague. Very good :(

Pirates of the caribbean without the pirates. Only just Jack and Angelica.

But I want to believe the best :impatient:

Pirates of the caribbean without the pirates. Just Jack and Angelica.
:lol soooo true!

But I want to believe :impatient:
i-want-to-believe.gif

Why there is nothing from the Barbossas' craziness in this sculpt? :( No grin, no rotten teeth, no crazy-eye and screwed-up-eye. Looks like Rush from the red carpet road. IMHO.

Why there is nothing from the Barbossas' craziness in this sculpt? :( No grin, no rotten teeth, no crazy-eye and screwed-up-eye. Looks like Rush from the red carpet road. IMHO.

While that's true, it IS an amazing Geoffrey Rush sculpt and will definitely feel more like Barbossa once the hair/beard is on there. It will be a 'determined' Barbossa!

That said, I wouldn't be against the 'toothy' grin Barbossa...with his apple! :wink1:

Ooooh, Indiana Fett, you've got my idea! :hi5:
Really, we all loves Barbossa not for his determination, but for his resourcefulness, slyness, for some sick sense of his own style.

So HERE is Barbossa:

Really, I'm tired of all these boring and serious 1/6 sculpts from the HT and EB. Every time when I see a new figure I want to ask it: "WHY SO SERIOUS?!" Why so serious?!... That's why I liked Tony Montana War by EB and Tony by BW so much. They are so expressive! And attractive for me in this way. The manufactures are very conservative in choosing faces expressions, so that's why I'm always exited to see something eloquent in the custom bay.

Last edited:

Gee, yea, no Barbossa in that sculpt…:rolleyes:

This is the picture I used and the look I wanted. Sly and self assured. I also have the monkey almost done, it’ll fit on the shoulder.
potc_barbossa.jpg

You made the right call Spenser, I think the expression you went with is a great summary of Barbossa. Like Jack, he has his other expressions, but with a figure, you have to find that one that best depicts him and I think your choice is the right one for Barbossa, he's a serious and calculating character, I don't consider any teeth or eye tricks part of his overally traits. Keep it up.

Jack the Monkey! :clap

Could use it for Monkey Man as well.

I also agree -- I like the expression, gives the right attitude for the character he was in the first film. Dangerous. With almost a sneer of disdain.

It looks like we’ll be getting the tapestry pattern waistcoat custom printed. It’s seems to be the only way to do it justice. As always I’m going to try and keep this as reasonable as possible. And if anyone wants to see if there is a source for the boots and paints please do.

Jack the monkey is almost done?! :rock

After seeing the reference Pic you chose to work from Steven, I can see this is going to be a work of art! Yes, the sly, assured Captain Barbossa. The printed waistcoat sounds like it'll be stellar! :yess:

As for the boots and pants? Hmmm? Could we 'fake it' with re-dyed DX Sparrow boots and pants?

Also, I was just thinking, Barbossa is quite a bit taller than Jack. Any thoughts on what body you might use to tailor him to to get the appropriate height? Maybe a narrow-shoulder TT with the Captain America leg extenders? Just a thought that might work. :dunno

Anyways, can't wait to see more progress as this develops! :hi5:

My suggestion -- since I imagine most here who would want a Barbossa probably have several Jacks by now -- buy a pair of DX Jack boots to replace your AWE or DMC Jack's boots, then paint Jack's sculpted boots black and use them for Barbossa. They will also jack up the height much as they do on the original Jacks.

Barbossa had really baggy pants, so just about any billowy, oversized black pants would work, for the little you see.

I gave up hope for Angelica, the wait from announcement has been ridiculous to say the least.

Oh well. :(

Back