Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Has the Cannibal Throne been scrapped?

Scrapped, probably not, but I would imagine that HT has realized Jack Sparrow can sell well at any time, right now, their resources seem to be pumped into Avengers, TDKR and Burton Batman movies with a few random things here and there.

Yeah, Cannibal Jack will probably offered at some point but with the "factory" getting booked and standing ready for the TDKR and Avengers onslaught there's probably just not enough room to schedule things like that, so they get moved aside for the important sellers of the moment.

Can't wait to see what you come up with Spenser for barbossa!

The Jack Sparrow DX version is freaking amazing! I'm never going to keep any of the older versions of the POTC line because they look so out dated in terms of quality headsculpts. The DX version just blows them out of the water. I'd like to get a Captain Barbossa to complete the dynamic duo as a set. If they ever plan on doing him, it would certainly be top notch since Hot Toys these days have elevated their skills with the talents of Kojun, Yulli, JC Hong & now Arnie Kim. I'd certainly want to have Jack the monkey too!!!

HTPOTC8.jpg
703g_2862.jpg

Last edited:

Don't want to burst your bubble SideshoMel, but Hot Toys announced a few weeks ago that they will NOT be making a Barbossa figure.

That said, one of our most talented on these boards may be working on an ultimate custom. Follow this thread often to learn more! :hi5:

Don't want to burst your bubble SideshoMel, but Hot Toys announced a few weeks ago that they will NOT be making a Barbossa figure.

That said, one of our most talented on these boards may be working on an ultimate custom. Follow this thread often to learn more! :hi5:

Holy crap! :thud:
Wow! Feels like a rug has been pulled right under me.
Are they at least planning on doing Penélope Cruz. She seems doable. :pray:
When can I find the announcement by Hot Toys pertaining to ol Barbossa?

POTC4_DomBusShltr_Angelica_RGB_1300234098.jpeg

When can I find the announcement by Hot Toys pertaining to ol Barbossa?

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4225248&postcount=4968

Are they at least planning on doing Penélope Cruz. She seems doable.

Highly doubtful, at this point. I don't believe anything Hot Toys says unless there's spec + pics. Their backlog at this point is friggin nuts, even if they don't announce anything new, they have enough projects 'teased' that they have stuff to release for the next 2 years.

The other funny thing I noticed is that Hot Toys said no to "Kara", but Blitzway decided to do it. . . and nobody gives a _____

https://onesixthscalepictures.blogspot.com/2012/03/blitzway-characterm-12-inches-tall-kara.html

Everybody was/is stoked on Blitzway, and their next project is Korean pop band.

:dunno

Oh Shhht, now those Kara figures are creepy. :lol

Penélope Cruz. She seems doable. :pray:

Yes sir, I’d say she’s very doable :naughty …. Wait, did you mean to make a figure of? :monkey3

Well guys we are still working on this, we lost a few weeks of work due to my grandmothers passing she had a lot of stuff and we haven’t even read the will yet. But we should be back on track here in the coming weeks. We have done some more tests on the fabric to make it look even more like the screen used material and it looks to be working out, so that’s it for now.

Custom Barbossa? Although I got the DX Jack, been recently trying to get the others in this like (Swann, Turner, Davy Jones). But a Barbossa would be damn awesome. Surprised no interest from Hot Toys on that one. I mean they made a Feng...

I think karamazov was joking :lol

But those were Disney store exclusives. I believe jack was 16" tall and Jones was was 17" or 18" tall. I think they talked or had done sort of electronic feature

Sizzle didn't have sculpts as good as these. Not that these are great but not bad for what they originally cost

I wish Hot Toys would just go all out on PotC for one of their sequels. I wasn't around for their earlier PotC releases... Did they not sell well? Seems like their quality was way different than today's. I'd love for an updated Davy Jones...

to my understanding they sold pretty well. I mean until the DX Sparrow came out, the AWE version sold for crazy high prices up to the $500s or possibly more on the secondary market and the Cannibal version is still selling at pretty high prices but that will change with HT new version. Elizabeth, Will and Davy Jones all still sell for high prices now as far as I've seen. Sao Feng was the only one for a while that went for it's original retail price, but now that the DX Sparrow is out, the AWE Sparrow sells for around $200 and some times as low as $150. MaulFan prolly knows more info or a better judge of sales though.

I wish Hot Toys would just go all out on PotC for one of their sequels. I wasn't around for their earlier PotC releases... Did they not sell well? Seems like their quality was way different than today's. I'd love for an updated Davy Jones...

Davy Jones is one of HT best released and still displays well next to the DX06. No need for a new version besides a 2.0 for those that missed on him the first time.

Back