Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

looks amazing YJ, but damn! hot toys needs to fix that hat!

cheers mate - yeah the hat is a bit oversized I think but I prefer the overall look with the hat and coat. When he dosen't have his coat on he looks better without the hat I think.

The POTC fellas on this thread are as obsessed with the small details on Jack Sparrow as the fellas in the Big Chap Alien thread are about Alien, only much kinder and much less hostile ;)

Personally speaking? with the Cannibal smiling head on a Goemon Slim TT with the outfit from the first Jack, great looking coat and all I could not be happier... could it be better? yeah of course HT is getting better all the time? Does it NEED to be improved? well at least IMO nope!

New Jack and Barbossa should be first and foremost, after that, it's all just icing. Revisiting the first 3 films for some figures would be awesome, an updated Swann is definitely called for, Will's ok, but Swann is not HT's best work.

The POTC fellas on this thread are as obsessed with the small details on Jack Sparrow as the fellas in the Big Chap Alien thread are about Alien, only much kinder and much less hostile ;)

Personally speaking? with the Cannibal smiling head on a Goemon Slim TT with the outfit from the first Jack, great looking coat and all I could not be happier... could it be better? yeah of course HT is getting better all the time? Does it NEED to be improved? well at least IMO nope!

Ray can you hook us up with some pictures?

Glad he looks the same as the other movies.

7064b.jpg

7064a.jpg

I expected as much, maybe a few new trinkets, but I assume this is taking place pretty soon after POTC 3 so not much should change.

Ok Hot Toys, you've got enough reference, get started on the Sparrow DX :lol

I sure hope HT do DX him. Can't afford those crazy eBay prices!!

Ideally, would love a DX from the first film, (only one I love).

The thing I'm hoping most for, should they choose to do another sparrow figure, is newly sculpted forearm/s with the P brand on it complete with tattoos painted on. I know it's tiny and you would almost never see it, but It would be neat.

I'm hoping this film brings the ultimate Jack Sparrow figure. With all the improvements Hot Toys has implemented in their figures, I believe there is a very good chance we will all be extremely happy POTC fans.

The whole photo looks squished, all the people in it look weird, the boom, I wouldn't worry, they're half assed set shots, the only thing to take away is spotting that his costume's the same and Gibbs is back, that's it.

I can almost guarantee we will see another standard MMS Jack before we see a DX for the new movie. HT knows that people buy Jack.

I can almost guarantee we will see another standard MMS Jack before we see a DX for the new movie. HT knows that people buy Jack.

Be it a standard MMS or a DX, I dont care, I just want a more updated, better sculpt/likeness of Depp/Sparrow for my collection.

I have the AWE version which is lacking to say it nicely. And I dont want to spend half a grand on the DMC Cannibal King version, myself.

Back