Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Added some HT hands to the enterbay body.. gotta say it does wonders.. because the Enterbay body seems to suffer from T-rex hands..

btw some better pictures of the headsculpt.
jack-1.jpg

jack4.jpg

jack2-1.jpg

jack3.jpg

oh and I just won a pair of HT belts on ebay.. what are my chances lol? It's only the tan belt and the scabbard belt.... I guess thats alright . waiting to put it on this bad boy.. pics when i get it.

With a little luck, we'll get a new Jack with a true smirk sculpt that looks just like this, just with Sparrow's details of course.

public-enemies-poster-300x449.jpg

There have been some great repaints of the HT smirk head, venakin's included, but it's still just overall too jolly looking for me, it's a smile, a smirk should have a bit of mischief to it, almost seem a bit sinister. The PE poster shot is Depp smirking, Hot Toys should aim for that.

With a little luck, we'll get a new Jack with a true smirk sculpt that looks just like this, just with Sparrow's details of course.

public-enemies-poster-300x449.jpg

There have been some great repaints of the HT smirk head, venakin's included, but it's still just overall too jolly looking for me, it's a smile, a smirk should have a bit of mischief to it, almost seem a bit sinister. The PE poster shot is Depp smirking, Hot Toys should aim for that.

yes sir! sign me up for a sculpt like that.

That expression and PERS would be the ultimate Jack Sparrow head. I'm game for many heads, as he has so many expressions, but if you're going to sum Jack up in one head, and that's what you get with PERS figures, that smirk I think is the most signature, classic look to go for, and would work great with PERS.

That expression and PERS would be the ultimate Jack Sparrow head. I'm game for many heads, as he has so many expressions, but if you're going to sum Jack up in one head, and that's what you get with PERS figures, that smirk I think is the most signature, classic look to go for, and would work great with PERS.

yeah.. he even does it in combat lol.. i just watched the trilogy again and I noticed he had the smirk when he was hanging on the rope shooting at davy jones.

:thud: That is insane! Hopefully Xeno will offer painted HS soon. I NEED ONE!

Last edited:

Yes they did, but a new one will hopefully start with the next film, but the last figures for this shipped in spring 2008.

that sucks...why not do a Jack DX??? That would sell out like none other....and they must not have made many of those MMS JS AWE because people want an arm and a leg for one on ebay...

that sucks...why not do a Jack DX??? That would sell out like none other....and they must not have made many of those MMS JS AWE because people want an arm and a leg for one on ebay...

It's not so much how many they made, he was very easily bought for quite some time, it's rarity well after the fact. Most HT figures can be had relatively close to retail within a year of shipping, but after that, most jump into 3-4 times the original price because they're hard to find.

People still want Jack, new customers that weren't able to get him or people that hesitated too long before, and so the people still with one and willing to sell it know they can charge big bucks and get it.

Hey! I'm new here and had some random questions. One, has anyone made a custom COTBP Elizabeth? I've seen various DMC ones, but have yet to see a COTBP one. Two, has Hot Toys ever produced a 1:6 scale Aztec medallion? If not them, has another company made one? Thanks!

The only way you got to get 1/6 the aztec medallion is to make them yourself.
:fireworks:welcome:fireworks
Welcome to the freak show BTW:wave

Hey! I'm new here and had some random questions. One, has anyone made a custom COTBP Elizabeth? I've seen various DMC ones, but have yet to see a COTBP one. Two, has Hot Toys ever produced a 1:6 scale Aztec medallion? If not them, has another company made one? Thanks!

I would like to see this version of Swann as well. The AWE version is different and I hope to pick that up at some point.

Same here, but, as much as I'd love to see HT start doing Pirates again ahead of the new film by doing figures from the old one, they've probably had a queue of things to work on since before POTC 4 was made official and aren't likely to push other things aside to revisit old films, they'll just be on the ball for next year, I'd guess a new POTC figure will debut late 2010 early 2011 to ship out by summer.

Same here, but, as much as I'd love to see HT start doing Pirates again ahead of the new film by doing figures from the old one, they've probably had a queue of things to work on since before POTC 4 was made official and aren't likely to push other things aside to revisit old films, they'll just be on the ball for next year, I'd guess a new POTC figure will debut late 2010 early 2011 to ship out by summer.

Yeah. Same here. My guess is if they do do a DX Sparrow he will be DX-05 or DX-06 to build off/on the hype of the forth Pirates film. If there is any character that deserves the PERS its Cap'n Jack.

Have def been in a Piratey mood ever since that CC clip. Rockin out to the scores and hoping for some more HT goodness next summer. :pray:

I've been listening to the music again too, got me thinking, I really hope either A) Hans Zimmer returns to score it or, B) if someone new comes on, they don't reinvent the wheel and use the classic themes.

When I go to the theater to see this new one, the most exciting moment will be, assuming it's done right, Jack's first appearance on screen again with that classic Jack intro music playing.

Back