Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

I used the photo on the box art to setup my sash. It appears to be tied correctly (based on the box) but due to the stiffness of the material, it doesn't fold over in scale. I'm sure if I use an iron on it, it will look much better but I just haven't gotten around to doing so. (and I'm a little hesitant to risk damaging it...)

I use a combination with the belts to get it on right.

Granted this is a 1 belt shot from Curse, but it's a good reference and large.

JackSparrow.jpg

What I do is wrap it a couple times around the waist such that I have enough excess left to have the long bit hanging down to his boot and the flap to fold over his scabbard.

Once I get to that point, I fold the sash so the excess runs down to his feet and I put the first belt on to hold it in place.

Then I pull up some of the excess to make the folded bit to go over the scabbard and I lay that on his abdomen and put the second belt on to hold the fold in place.

Then i put the scabbard on, put the fold over it and walla.

thanks sean, this character is like my Indiana Jones... i keep on wanting to customize him till i get the perfect jack... i'm hoping for a defintive Jack sculpt, but as of right now i'll have to settle with the HT smiling sculpt.. but even that has a bunch of flaws.. one of the main flaws that bugs me is the bandanna, its way too big, it covers too much forehead, if that even makes sense lol. i hope to add real hair to this guy, can't stand the sculpted hair. and with jack it seems pretty easy since his hair is long.

anyone got any good johnny depp sculpt suggestions?
jack2.jpg

jack2.jpg

and heres some pics of my jack sparrow headsculpt.
DSC00222a.jpg

DSC00219a.jpg

DSC00133a.jpg

Last edited:

btw, ive already tired to commerce section, so i thought i'd give it a try here, does anybody have HT jack sparrow belts,(all 3, including the one that is connected to the sword sheath) they're willing to let go of?

The biggest flaw I find with the smiling head is just that, it's more smiling than smirking, which doesn't seem right for Jack.

This is Johnny Depp smirking, one side of his face looks almost pissed, only one side is smiling, but the HT sculpt is a bit of smile on both sides.

public-enemies-poster-300x449.jpg

Get the xenoviper faceplate.

Looks absolutely perfect to me. Jack is the Depp likeness master.

thanks sean, this character is like my Indiana Jones... i keep on wanting to customize him till i get the perfect jack... i'm hoping for a defintive Jack sculpt, but as of right now i'll have to settle with the HT smiling sculpt.. but even that has a bunch of flaws.. one of the main flaws that bugs me is the bandanna, its way too big, it covers too much forehead, if that even makes sense lol. i hope to add real hair to this guy, can't stand the sculpted hair. and with jack it seems pretty easy since his hair is long.

anyone got any good johnny depp sculpt suggestions?
jack2.jpg

jack2.jpg

and heres some pics of my jack sparrow headsculpt.
DSC00222a.jpg

DSC00219a.jpg

DSC00133a.jpg

That looks great. Did you repaint it? I do prefer the smiling face sculpt over the AWE sculpt. Which is the one I have. And I cant find a Cannibal Jack for a decent price anywhere.

The biggest flaw I find with the smiling head is just that, it's more smiling than smirking, which doesn't seem right for Jack.

This is Johnny Depp smirking, one side of his face looks almost pissed, only one side is smiling, but the HT sculpt is a bit of smile on both sides.

public-enemies-poster-300x449.jpg

That is true. Hopefully Hot Toys will do a better Jack sculpt with a DX edition around the release of the 4th movie! :rock2

Get the xenoviper faceplate.

Looks absolutely perfect to me. Jack is the Depp likeness master.

Info on this please? :arr

xeno's sculpt is really good, but i'm waiting for a full scuplt, with a sculpted neck.. hes not offering a full sculpt yet, hes just offfering the hot toys compatible sculpt.

That looks great. Did you repaint it? I do prefer the smiling face sculpt over the AWE sculpt. Which is the one I have. And I cant find a Cannibal Jack for a decent price anywhere.

yeah, alittle bit

Might have to pay someone to make it for you, I don't imagine HT'll ever use a sculpted neck for Sparrow, and a lot of customs like xeno's will be geared towards people wanting replacement options for the HT figures.

Not to mention, i need to switch this into a slim, when hot toys re-releases it... i can't stand this enterbay body..

Slim is the way to go, I was glad I could score one for each of my Jack's. If HT makes a new Jack, if it's not on the slim, I just hope the tailoring will allow it to be transplanted, the v1 Jack clothes really don't work on the slim, that's why I use my Medicom coat, that and it's just the better of the two.

i also notice the different looks jacks has between part 1 and 2,3.. especially the bandanna.. i think jack's bandanna covers more hair in the later movies, even with that said the hot toys covers wayy too much.. makes him look like an alien.

compared to CotBp, its not the exact angle but you get the picture.
DSC00222a-1.jpg

Pirates was one of the first full iicenses once Yulli came on board, she's certainly made strides since then. Hell, between 2009 and 2010, her work on T-800 looks even better than her Dutch portrait.

One thing that'll really be better on Jack's portrait done today will be the paint, the old Jack's were pretty monotone and looked like it was his skin color, rather than a mix of tanning and dirt and such, with the weathering paint they do today, it'll look stellar.

has anyone seen this? i think its amazing craftsmanship by mindbook (hey bud hope you dont mind me posting this) i admire your work.

i really wanna do real hair on my jack now.

jackky.jpg

It's pretty good, but the pulled back shot showing the whole head shows the hair looking like too much for the head, his face looks tiny relative to it, and I even feel like the HT hair almosts seems too bulky compared to the face.

is Hot Toys going to do another Jack....I missed out on the first two and they are WAY too much on ebay....WAY

Back