Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

So I finished my Norrington custom the other week. This is one I wanted to try despite not having an accurate headsculpt. I chose this particular "stand-in" head since it shared some similar facial features with Jack Davenport and seemed to have the right "attitude."

The outfit is all modified Sideshow Fife & Drum pieces. Unfortunately the donor jacket was an ill fit to begin with so it tends to ride too high and tight around his shoulders and neck.

It was very hard to find reference photos of this costume! In the film, they rarely shoot him below the waist; the clearest shots actually came from deleted scences. Most of the publicity stills are of a different "prototype" costume that's somewhere between this one and the ceremonial one. So I ended up having to guess about the placement of some of the buttons.

I'm working on a red-uniformed dweeb for him to order around.

norrington8.JPG

norrington7.JPG

norrington10.JPG

That's quite a nice COTBP collection. Great job on Norrington.

Love to see some more shots of your redcoat Eliz Swann.

hi guy i have been offer £90 cannibal Jack figure with all part (no box) still brand new.. what you think? should i get it or not?

hi guy got jack cannibal at last!!! and here pics shot playing with my new camera pic turn out look good..

Great pics cheeseman.

I just bought the original version from a boardie, I cannot wait to get him. I missed the initial release and it has been a long wait......

hi guy got jack cannibal at last!!! and here pics shot playing with my new camera pic turn out look good..

LUCKY! Im hoping Hot Toys ends up doing a DX with a better sculpt. I have the AWE version and Im a little less than satisfied with his head sculpt. If Hot Toys does do a DX then Id like to get this head sculpt and do a repaint. It has Johnny's expression down perfectly!

Thanks for the link. Great custom. OOAK!

BTW, for the Pirates fans, I just heard that POTC 4 has begun pre-production. Enough so that the "making of" is about to begin filming. Apparently, shooting is scheduled to begin in about 2-3 months time.

not so good news then.

Cause if another movie is coming, that means HT will delay their DX sparrow as they anticipate the new movie breaking the record of the 1st movie rite?

I need my dx sparrow more than a dx t800:thud:

We've known a POTC 4 was coming for quite some time now and figured on HT sitting on any POTC figures until it comes out. It betters chances of figures though. While Jack's a great candidate for PERS and DX treatment, who knows if HT would actually do it without a movie to ride the hype of.

We've known a POTC 4 was coming for quite some time now and figured on HT sitting on any POTC figures until it comes out. It betters chances of figures though. While Jack's a great candidate for PERS and DX treatment, who knows if HT would actually do it without a movie to ride the hype of.

Unfortunately this may be the case. Although (IMO) Jack Sparrow has reached a cult/icon status, and I believe he could push sales with a DX with or without the hype of a film.

I, for one, am really hoping for a Jack DX! It must happen Hot Toys!! :)

Last edited:

im hoping for a dx jack for a new headsculpt, and the acessories... i dont think the medicom outfit can be improved on.

Medicom outfit can definitely be improved on, the buttons are nowhere near like Jack's, the color is wrong. It's still better than the Hot Toys coat, but if HT does a new Jack figure there's no excuse for not getting the details they messed up the first time correct. It should come on a slim TT and the colors should be right, the buttons should be like the ones on the Marcus Wright coat, and the undershirt should be a much better fit than the old one, that thing was 2 sizes to big.

I sold my old HT Jack Sparrow. I'm hoping they come out with an improved one when the new film comes out. I love the character of Jack Sparrow, but only feel that I need one figure of him in my collection, and I want to have the best one if possible. I did keep Elizabeth as I don't think they'll be making another figure of her.

Here's hoping for the DX Jack and a Barbossa for Pirates of the Caribbean 4.

I got into this hobby late so I wasn't able to get a Jack so I'm really hoping he makes a return

I got into this hobby late so I wasn't able to get a Jack so I'm really hoping he makes a return

I missed it as well however, I purchased from a fellow boardie the original version at a great price. I still am on board for a Dx Jack to improve on the first one.

I have both HT Jack's and Medi Jack and I still want a Dx to get PERS and the nost accurrate Jack possible, hasn't been done yet and he's one of my most favorite movie characters and I want a great figure of him.

I have both HT Jack's and Medi Jack and I still want a Dx to get PERS and the nost accurrate Jack possible, hasn't been done yet and he's one of my most favorite movie characters and I want a great figure of him.

Amen. I wasn't a big fan of the films at first but after watching them a few times on blu-ray I began appreciate the films and character (Jack). The orginal HT Jack is a nice piece but with today's techniques, attn to detail etc. a new Sparrow would be amazing.

Back