Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

The old standard, I won it in a contest.

If you dont have a dog tell you have been sleeping with her sister.

Dang it! I misread your post; I told her I ran over her sister and slept with the dog.

Not sure if she'll buy the contest thing, unless I tell her there's a $150 surcharge on the shipping of my "won" figure.

Gas is expecsive these days...

Well it slipped under the radar a bit, last night's newsletter said Jack and Will are due Late April, almost here.

I noticed that. I gotta decide if I want to get a Jack V1 or V2 or both. Decisions, decisions.

I canceled my V2, I hope I can find a smirking Jack sculpt on ebay for cheap.

Good luck on that. I have a feeling alot of people who get the V2 aren't going to let that sculpt go.

I noticed that. I gotta decide if I want to get a Jack V1 or V2 or both. Decisions, decisions.

If you could find a way to do it, I'd say buy V2 and obtain the hat and jacket from V1. The V1 headsculpt is ok but the the V2 are definitely better and that leaves the hat and jacket as the only missing parts of V2.

However, it didn't seem like the BD Pred 2 would include the bio mask from the regular release and HT did, so until we see boxed/production shots of Jack, who knows. HT makes fine product but they're very unfriendly when it comes to release practices, it would surprise me if V2 came out identical to V1 but for the head sculpts and V2 having even more accessories, essentially being the first figure only better after people have dropped $150 on one and will likely have to take a loss if they choose to sell the first and get the second.

So the more I think about it, the more I want V1 Jack. *Sigh* Anyone selling one UBER cheap? :lol

Good luck on that. I have a feeling alot of people who get the V2 aren't going to let that sculpt go.

On the contrary I think you'll find a nice number (not a whole lot) but a nice number on eBay, the thing is how they'll cost. Certain sellers make it a habit to sell HT pieced out with every release and this will be no different. The thing is many people will be hunting that particular sculpt and I wouldn't be surprised if they go for $40 or higher...

Generic people, not a chance, heavy sellers though, I'm sure bought up V2 to part it out and know they'll get some suckers to spend $80 just for the head.

Sorry, I should have specified that I meant I don't think it'll be had for cheap. Of course I suppose it depends on your definition of cheap.

Thanks for the advice about the V1 vs. V2. I'm leaning towards the V2 anyways, worst case scenario I can probably live without his hat and coat.

Depending on what you're looking for in the figure, no hat and coat is liveable (providing HT doesn't include them in the end). For me, they're essential though as I want everything Jack has with him, plus my ideal is Jack vs. Davy dueling and he had the hat and coat on for that duel.

Depending on what people are charging for the V2 sculpt, it might be cheaper to get a V1 Hat and Coat separately. There was Jack parted out on eBay about a week or two ago.

Just got my 15-20 notice on Mr Turner. Just a matter of time now.

I wonder if that means places like Toys2 will get them sooner....

Just got my 15-20 notice on Mr Turner. Just a matter of time now.

I believe they were listed as 2nd Qtr as was Davy Jones, I'm hoping to have a little more time before Jones is released; $150 of extra cash will need to be budgeted in.

Back