Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

Now imagine how big Barbossa would have to be against Will. Not looking good gang.

22133.jpg

DSCN2932.jpg

Jack and Will are supposed to be about the same height so both are overtall compared to Elizabeth...at least they match each other....

Well I'm hoping for some more images. In these, will looks significantly bigger than Jack.

Realistically, Elizabeth, Jack and Will are all roughly the same height and even body mass; Johnny and Orlando aren't very muscular men, they have pretty slender builds so they're not that much bigger than Keira even in mass.

johnny depp is 5'9
orlando bloom is 5'11
keira knightley is 5'7

12" figure or not, the pics look to scale

edit: geoffrey rush is 6'0

johnny depp is 5'9
orlando bloom is 5'11
keira knightley is 5'7

12" figure or not, the pics look to scale

edit: geoffrey rush is 6'0

If those numbers are correct, Jack and Will might be ok, but Will and Keira looks almost a foot worth in difference, much more than 4 inches.

DSCN2934.jpg

Its odd since he looks really proportionate in the shot... but is so clearly out of scale with her.

Yeah his head and everything seems to be slightly larger.

Hm. Methinks I'm going to cancel William...

Disappointing. He is even taller than Sao and Jack (who are the same height). That's an issue for me..

That image does seem to imply that he is taller than the other figures, but then again Orlando is a couple of inches taller than Depp. I honestly am not very bothered by all of this, though. Height is such a fluid thing in film -- lots of times they will give actors something to stand on in close-ups, for example, so looking at the actual heights of the actors, or looking at a full-body shot of them from the movie isn't always the definitive answer about how tall the characters are "supposed" to be. You've gotta love this shot:

a568ac5b2de2590b85e1a0da7140d9fc_raw.jpg

If Elizabeth and Sao were taller, it wouldn't be so bad.

While some height differences aren't a big deal... Jack was already a bit too tall, but to have Will even moreso is kind of pushing it.

Oh for God's sake guys, the likenesses are absolutely phenomenal, so does an inch or two really matter?:banghead

Actually I suppose an extra couple of inches would.........:eek::rolleyes:

I don't get why people are complaining about the scale (in regards to Will and Jack). Obviously it is Elizabeth that could use a couple more inches (nudge nudge wink wink). Perhaps her shortness is an inherent limitation with the female HT bodies?

That image does seem to imply that he is taller than the other figures, but then again Orlando is a couple of inches taller than Depp. I honestly am not very bothered by all of this, though. Height is such a fluid thing in film -- lots of times they will give actors something to stand on in close-ups, for example, so looking at the actual heights of the actors, or looking at a full-body shot of them from the movie isn't always the definitive answer about how tall the characters are "supposed" to be. You've gotta love this shot:

a568ac5b2de2590b85e1a0da7140d9fc_raw.jpg

Dammit, why'd you have to post this picture, now the scale is tilting heavily to the keep my order side. I wish the figure looked ^^^^ty too, it'd make the decision easy, but quality is starting to win over the mismatch. I'll just use Chase's leg fix for him. It seems like Will's biggest problem is his legs might attach inside the boots even higher than in Jack's.

Will looks awesome. The height difference doesn't bother me. If anything, Elizabeth should have been a tad taller, IMO.

Will looks awesome. The height difference doesn't bother me. If anything, Elizabeth should have been a tad taller, IMO.

The HT female is undersized, but compared to other 1/6 figures, Jack is still enormous looking. Jack and will a hair smaller and Elizabeth significantly taller and everything would be all set.

I'm usually the first to hold off judging by photos, but the nice shot of all 4 characters is quite good as far as judging them all together. Will's very well executed, he looks great and the likeness is totally there, HT just needs to work on human proportions, the body they're using for Jack and Will and the non-muscular Rambos (the only figures I have with that body) is just poor as far as human anatomy, the shoulders are too broad, and many male characters are ending up looking like 6 and a half foot tall giants, and the standard female, compared to the males, ends up looking like it's a bout 5 foot or less. I thought the old male body like the ALIENS marines have was fine, not sure why they did what they did with the new one. Hopefully SSC rubs off on them a bit in body development and leads them to have height variations and a more anatomically correct body.

Back