Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

It's not my picture. It's from the Chinese site linked to earlier. I'd like to know the answer to that myself.

I noticed the chair too. It's a very nice 1:6 piece. If it's custom then somebody must have really put some time into it.

Will looks amazing and the only thing that is bothering me as most of you have been saying is that height! It does look really good and I am sure I will stlll get him. I can't wait any longer though to see new pics of Jack!

Love this pic!

I'm considering getting into this line with Jones, one of the best character designs I've ever seen. I've just recently pre-ordered my first item from Sideshow, the Indiana Jones figure. I wonder how the articulation will pan out for this guy, I know the sculpt greatly limits what they can do.

Last edited:

By the way, exactly when is 2nd and 3rd Quarter of this year? I'm thinking that means June and October.

2nd QTR april - june

3rd QTR july-september

I'm considering getting into this line with Jones, one of the best character designs I've ever seen. I've just recently pre-ordered my first item from Sideshow, the Indiana Jones figure. I wonder how the articulation will pan out for this guy, I know the sculpt greatly limits what they can do.

HT is pretty good about balancing sculpt with articulation. He definitely won't be super poseable... but I think you'll have a number of decent display options.

Yeah GB's right. It's not like Davy was a martial arts master in the films anyway. As long as I can pose Davy swashbuckling with Jack, I'm sold.

HT is pretty good about balancing sculpt with articulation. He definitely won't be super poseable... but I think you'll have a number of decent display options.

I'm sure like you said, we'll get the best articulation they can provide while keeping the figure's appearance to their standard. I'm curious as to how his construction is being handled, is just the outer jacket rubber with solid arms and legs, are they true type body parts inside a giant rubber suit. Should be something. Biggest and most important ? with Davy, how tall compared to the others.

My guess is it will probably be on a unique body... like what the did with the Alien figures. I could be completely wrong, but that would make sense as I don't know how well a true-type would hold up to the extra weight of the rubber suit.

Well, going by the movie, he really doesn't need hip/abdominal articulation. I'd almost say make a solid abdomen, unique sculpted legs and arms, with a PVC jacket where it is at the torso. That way, you'd have full leg, arm and neck articulation like a standard HT figure, durability because 80-90% is solid materials, and visual quality with making the busy jacket made out of molded PVC. I think that gives you the maximum articulation, visual quality, and durability, and with a figure this pricey, it'd be nice to feel safe about all 3 factors.

2nd QTR april - june

3rd QTR july-september

Wow, so Davy Jones will be out pretty soon. I think I may preorder to get the points and apply those to the other Jones boy I preordered (if possible), hopefully closer to October. If I can swing it I've also seen the first version of Jack Sparrow for <$100 online.

That's a tall order, not sure if I can manage it.:huh

That would probably be a good compromise... although I would like for this waist to be albe to twist and tilt. If you lose the chest joint, it'd be good to still be able to give him some tilt forward or backward.

I hope it has more articulation than the 6" NECA Davy Jones, I believe I read somewhere it has 20 points. What's the standard for these Hot Toys Pirates figures?

I hope it has more articulation than the 6" NECA Davy Jones, I believe I read somewhere it has 20 points. What's the standard for these Hot Toys Pirates figures?

I am pretty certain it will be more articulated than NECA's.I think they are more concerned with the sculpt than the articulation but with Hot Toys you get the best of both worlds.:D

Well I've decided, I'm Sideshow exclusive from now on. That Davy Jones and V1 Sparrow are mine...

well not yet, but soon.:arr

Well I've decided, I'm Sideshow exclusive from now on. That Davy Jones and V1 Sparrow are mine...

well not yet, but soon.:arr

I have a V1 sparrow for sale. $115 delivered. LMK

Well, I pre-ordered a Davy Jones.

Now, how do you tell your wife about already pre-ordering something???:pow

1st you tell her you ran over the family dog, once she has heard that she wont give to ^^^^s about what you ordered.

Back