Pirates of the Caribbean Movie Franchise Merchandise Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Official Hot Toys Pirates of the Caribbean Thread

I thought he was alright. I'm just one of those "completionist" folks I suppose. Damn Hot Toys for unleashing the entire Avengers on my wallet. hahaha

Blackbeard was cool. His entrance was really neat, and I appreciate that he was way more plausible than tentacle head and his barnacle crew. Blackbeard was also a real pirate and is more iconic.

Blackbeard sucks.

I have to agree. Totally disappointed with McShane's Blackbeard.
I was sooooo hoping for a despicable character like Swearenger, but snapped back into reality that it's a DISNEY movie. Still...nonetheless, as a villain- Blackbeard was mediocre at best, and NOT worthy of a figure. It's really too bad HT wasted plastic on the SAO FENG figure...he was a joke too, especially when an ALL DESERVING Barbossa is still not even a viable after thought. Shame on you HT!

I have to agree. Totally disappointed with McShane's Blackbeard.
I was sooooo hoping for a despicable character like Swearenger, but snapped back into reality that it's a DISNEY movie. Still...nonetheless, as a villain- Blackbeard was mediocre at best, and NOT worthy of a figure. It's really too bad HT wasted plastic on the SAO FENG figure...he was a joke too, especially when an ALL DESERVING Barbossa is still not even a viable after thought. Shame on you HT!

Blackbeard wasn't entirely McShane's fault, but it was a wasted opportunity. He had a great look though, pity we'll never see him at 1/6.

I still can't wrap my head around the idea that Barbossa isn't a necessity! He was in all four films! Count 'em HT! :impatient:

has anything been said about the cannibal king jack and throne yet ? i was hoping it would have been at comic con this year

Hot Toys will probably do a Barbossa in the future when POTC 5 comes out. They finally did a Gordon although not the version everyone expected.

After a long break from Pirates, I currently have 4 PotC customs on my workbench in various stages of completion. Closest to being finished is Pirate Elizabeth Swann, here. I still have to dirty her up a bit and make the jacket. Vest, pants, and the WIP jacket are all reworked Tonner parts.
swann_pirate7.JPG
swann_pirate2.JPG

swann_pirate5.JPG
swann_pirate4.JPG

Hat off...
swann_pirate9.JPG

I think that's shaping up nicely. Originally had my eye on the Tonner outfit as well. Vest works out great, and so does that scabbard!

What other figures are you working on?

Wonder if a COTBP Eliz is possible with the Tonner version (that gold and white dress)?

Wonder if a COTBP Eliz is possible with the Tonner version (that gold and white dress)?[/QUOTE]

I have no idea whether you can use the Tonner dress at all for a COTBP version of Elizabeth, but I made my own version of the Plum dress (barbossa's) and her undergown from scrath, without hardly any sewing notions, and it looks great IMO.

Although for the head, I used tweaked and altered Trev's sculpt of summer glau, since the flowing hair just works perfectly for the character. Here are some pics...the blurry one is just for depicting the actual colours, since I can't seem to get a pic right without flash! :(

Zqzbs.jpg

6qujn.jpg

Wow! That's great!

But what do you mean hardly any sewing? How did you do that without any sewing????

Here's the dress I was thinking about, but wasn't sure how it would sit on a 1/6th figure. It would need to be shortened of course.

elizabethswann.jpg

Thanks for noticing, Wor-Gar! (I was afraid my post was going to drift away into the seas of time!) BtW - your Pirate Eliz inspired me to get this one going and I referenced some old photos of yours frequently. Can't let you have the only one, now - though that vest and scabbard can't be beat!

My scabbard actually isn't Tonner, except for the buckle. Part of the scabbard was scrap from a Zizzle pirates belt, the keeper part was scratch made.

I actually have that gold COTBP Elizabeth dress and plan to cut it down to size eventually too. But I want to sort out the head and hair before I cut into it. I think it might require fewer alterations than this one did.

Hmm... should I reveal the other WIP figs this early?? Well, the next closest one to being finished is Dutchman Captain Will. Think I'll keep the others secret until more is done; one's just the head and loose parts at this point...

I think that's shaping up nicely. Originally had my eye on the Tonner outfit as well. Vest works out great, and so does that scabbard!

What other figures are you working on?

Wonder if a COTBP Eliz is possible with the Tonner version (that gold and white dress)?

Wow danielfoez! That's really spot on! Is this all scratch built, or did you source parts from somewhere? I'm guessing when you say without "sewing notions" that's something different than just "no sewing"...

I'd really like to have this version of Elizabeth myself, but don't yet want to commit to making this outfit completely from scratch.

There were some coin-like necklaces that came with Dragon's "Timeline" figures that are pretty close to the Aztec coins (no skull, but the design has an Aztec look)

I have no idea whether you can use the Tonner dress at all for a COTBP version of Elizabeth, but I made my own version of the Plum dress (barbossa's) and her undergown from scrath, without hardly any sewing notions, and it looks great IMO.

Although for the head, I used tweaked and altered Trev's sculpt of summer glau, since the flowing hair just works perfectly for the character. Here are some pics...the blurry one is just for depicting the actual colours, since I can't seem to get a pic right without flash! :(

Wow danielfoez! That's really spot on! Is this all scratch built, or did you source parts from somewhere? I'm guessing when you say without "sewing notions" that's something different than just "no sewing"...

I'd really like to have this version of Elizabeth myself, but don't yet want to commit to making this outfit completely from scratch.

There were some coin-like necklaces that came with Dragon's "Timeline" figures that are pretty close to the Aztec coins (no skull, but the design has an Aztec look)

Thanks for the feedback! Of course it needed a lot of sewing, especially embroidery in the corset and the outer skirt (what I meant is that I barely knew how to sew a button before I started this project), but the result is worth it. It was all done from scratch, and if anybody is interested in replicating it, I can deconstruct the process of how I did it for you...I think I even have a couple of WIP pics of the corset that may even serve as a pattern for it! And actually, in the pics I've already posted, you get an idea of the process, since they are from different times of the development of it!

And the neca Elizabeth swann 7'' figure's necklace, is just spot on,since it's the one from the movie, so I just used that!

Is HT ever going to continue this line with Cannibal Jack? Wonder what is the hold up (besides Avengers and Batman)???

Who was it that was looking for the Hot Toys Davy Jones? Im thinking of selling mine. Its NOT complete. Its missing the chest/heart and pipe (I think I have the pipe, but Ill have to check). Bought it that way. I will include the Rudder that came with The DX Jack instead. Looking at $200 DLVD in the states. If someone is still looking for this guy, PM me. Hate to see this guy go, but I need the funds and the space.

Anyone know what is going on with Spenser's Barbossa project?

A good Barbossa would be an insta-buy from me.

Count another customer who wants one Hot Toys....

Finally got Pirate Elizabeth's coat done and can officially mark this one "done". Coat, again, is the Tonner cut down to size. "Coatless" pics are a page or so back.
elizabeth-pirate4.JPG

elizabeth-pirate2.JPG

elizabeth-pirate1.JPG

I'm kind of itching to start a Barbossa now...

Finally got Pirate Elizabeth's coat done and can officially mark this one "done". Coat, again, is the Tonner cut down to size. "Coatless" pics are a page or so back.
elizabeth-pirate4.JPG

elizabeth-pirate2.JPG

elizabeth-pirate1.JPG

I'm kind of itching to start a Barbossa now...

Very nice!! :rock :rock :rock

Back