Photography Tips and Tricks-New Camera

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_8719.jpg

IMG_8720.jpg

IMG_8722.jpg

IMG_8693.jpg

IMG_8696.jpg

my biggest problem is that i don't have the steadiest of hands when holding the camera. what i do is set my shutter speed to at least 400 ISO and open up the aperture to the widest possible opening the lens can do (1.2, 2.8, 4.0).

my biggest problem is that i don't have the steadiest of hands when holding the camera. what i do is set my shutter speed to at least 400 ISO and open up the aperture to the widest possible opening the lens can do (1.2, 2.8, 4.0).
I hear you on that. My hands aren't the steadiest either and you can't just take a tripod around with you every where you go. So I use the same tricks. I just finished shooting some night shots that I will upload soon. Bumped the ISO up to 800...some shots even 1600!:lol

Night shots! A bit noisy I know...most of them came out blurry too. :monkey2

This is the moon but it for some reason came out a bit bright.

058ebe6e.jpg

057c42bd.jpg

7d594ced.jpg

9501566e.jpg

cool pics R! love that little froggy! i haven't tried any night shots yet. what settings did you use? long exposure?

here's my little angel Kaylee. :D

IMG_9030.jpg

IMG_9009.jpg

IMG_9008.jpg

personally i wouldn't go beyond 400 ISO. it tends to get noiser. i hear you can get a program called Noise Ninja or something similar to help with that though.

my buddy's 5D can probably get away with higher ISOs. i think it might be because of the extra high rez his camera is capable of and the full frame sensor.

earlier i was messin with narrow apertures (high f stops) to bring the subject more into clear focus but by doing that it brings everything around it in view too. something that's not always wanted.

IMG_7240.jpg

IMG_7241.jpg

IMG_7242.jpg

IMG_7243.jpg

IMG_7244.jpg

Ahhhhh Kaylee is super cute! You should take plenty of pictures of her because I hear they grow up before you know it.

For the night shots I just pushed the F number way down and bumped the ISO up to where it needed to be to get a properly exposed shot. I do see what you mean about a high ISO speed though- the pictures turn out quite noisy.

Those pictures of yours above are perfect examples of what a high F-stop does to the photo. I was trying to get results like that but often times I would shake the camera just a little too much and it would turn out blurry. It's so much easier to open the aperture wide and take photos because the shutter speed is faster...plus you get some rockin Bokeh. :rock :lol I am going to try and experiment with a narrow aperture today and show the results here later. Kind of like a before and after thing.

here's an example of white balance post processing.

before:

IMG_8941-1.jpg

after:

IMG_8941.jpg

Is this done with the Digital Photo Professional program? I have been messing around with it a bit. So useful when you shot in RAW. A lot of pictures can be saved just by manipulating them a bit. I like to increase the sharpness because it's always down really low.

for some reason i like how this one turn out. this was with a 50mm f/1.4 lens.

IMG_8611.jpg

That is a cool one. I haven't even begun to play around with my 50mm lens yet since I have been having so much fun with the 100mm macro. :lol

What is attached to the bottom of your camera...an extra battery?

Is this done with the Digital Photo Professional program? I have been messing around with it a bit. So useful when you shot in RAW. A lot of pictures can be saved just by manipulating them a bit. I like to increase the sharpness because it's always down really low.

yup, i use DPP to post process from RAW. i only use white balance and minor sharpening. set your camera's sharpness settings to 7. then bump it up to 10. don't overdo it though. :)

That is a cool one. I haven't even begun to play around with my 50mm lens yet since I have been having so much fun with the 100mm macro. :lol

What is attached to the bottom of your camera...an extra battery?

you find that each lens has different characteristics. isn't it a lot of fun? :)

yeah, that's a Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip. you can use two batteries and i find that it gives it a more solid feel. it has a shutter button in the "right" location when you tilt it for those vertical shot positions.

Those night shots look like a lil camera shake to me. They are not out of focus to me but more like a slower shutter speed and it moved a lil.

you find that each lens has different characteristics. isn't it a lot of fun? :)

yeah, that's a Canon BG-E3 Battery Grip. you can use two batteries and i find that it gives it a more solid feel. it has a shutter button in the "right" location when you tilt it for those vertical shot positions.

Ed how much does that battery grip go for?

Back