Digital Photography - Advice, Tips & Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DarthChrisDK

The Blueberry Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a very active photographer, and I love to combine photography with my other great hobby, collecting.

I'm certain that there are others out there sharing the same interests, and I'm sure that a lot of these folks have ideas, tips and knowledge that could benefit the general public on this forum.

The purpose of this thread is to give folks a place to ask questions, share ideas and discuss gear.

So, if you need advice on purchasing a new camera, lens or other stuff. Go ahead!

If you need tips on achieving the optimal shooting circumstances. Go ahead!

If you have a technical question regarding shutter speed, focal length, ISO, megapixel, macro etc. Go ahead!

Myself, I'm using the following equipment, and thus, my knowledge is centered mostly around this.

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 50mm 1.4
Canon 24-105mm f/4 L
Canon 17-40mm f/4 L
Lee Filter System
Cokin Filter System
Various equipment
Microphone: RØDE VideoMic (mono)

I'm using my 50mm for a lot of my collectible shots. But the 24-105 has been very useful as well.
I use the microphone for video reviews, and it's really a great mic - and it's a real bargain.

I'm getting the Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro soon-ish. I'm curious how I can make use of this lens for collectible shooting. But I'm sure I'll think of something...

To get the ball rolling, feel free to post what gear you are using yourself.

I'm going to paddle a little in my own pond and ask:

I'm using Canon. As mentioned above, I'm planning to acquire a macro lens. Has anyone any experiences with some of Sigma's lenses?

I'm pretty much settled on the Canon 100mm f/2.8 (non-L). But I'm still interested in suggestions or experiences with this or other lenses.

I hope there's someone out there with something to share.

Back