Photography Tips and Tricks-New Camera

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you so much for starting this thread, i learned a lot and I don't even have the camera yet. :) I think I'll buy the Canon Rebel Xti.

1a8339ec.jpg
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock Thats one kick ass picture!!!!!!!!!!WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

And still does!

Thats easy, go with Canon over Sony down. Canon has been making cameras for years where this is Sony first attempt at making a DSLR. Plus with Canon has a lot more lenses available then Sony.

that's what I was thinking, thanks for confirming!

I tested it at Best Buy today and man what a beautiful thing it is. I can't wait to get one.

I tested it at Best Buy today and man what a beautiful thing it is. I can't wait to get one.

You won't regret, I've had mine since September, the difference in quality from my point and shoot Canon to the Rebel is almost night and day.

If you had given me Nikon as a choice I would have said Nikon though. They typically run a tad bit more but Nikon lenses are known to be better lenses then canon lenses.

i'm seriously thinking about getting the Cannon XTi, but which one? the 8mb or the 10mb? it will be my first non point and click camera, and i'm wondering if the upgrades to the 10mb are worth getting. i can get the 8mb camera with the f3.5-5.6 lens for 399.

thanks!

Woo-hoo, I just ordered the Canon Rebel XTi(10MP) camera from Amazon..I used my $50 off anything (the one they sent because I bought an HD-DVD player from them) and it will be here tomorrow! Can't wait! I'm selling my unopened Taks Batman and HT Robo 1 and I'll miss them(although I never opened them) but I need this camera for my honeymoon in August and I can always buy those back later.

Woo-hoo, I just ordered the Canon Rebel XTi(10MP) camera from Amazon..I used my $50 off anything (the one they sent because I bought an HD-DVD player from them) and it will be here tomorrow! Can't wait! I'm selling my unopened Taks Batman and HT Robo 1 and I'll miss them(although I never opened them) but I need this camera for my honeymoon in August and I can always buy those back later.
Sweet man, enjoy your honeymoon and the new camera! :rock

Sweet man, enjoy your honeymoon and the new camera! :rock

Thanks man. I figure I need to get it now so I'll know how to really use it by August. Hopefully I can keep the wedding costs down because I want to go to Ireland for the honeymoon...if not, probably Jamaica or somewhere like that but none-the-less I'll have a camera ready to take pictures.

I'm loving this camera. I have no idea what I'm doing at this point and plan to re-read this thread and the manual to figure it out but it really takes incredible pics just using the different automatic settings.

Sorry to jump into this but I'm really stuck with something you guys hopefully might be able to help me with. I'm not a massive picture taker and to be honest don't know much about it. I have a sony digital camera which can film as well as take pictures. It is sony cybershot. I am looking for a tripod for it but I'm not sure how to know if it will fit on them.
Is there a certain way of knowing ?.
Any help would be great. Thanks guys , Tay.

Sorry to jump into this but I'm really stuck with something you guys hopefully might be able to help me with. I'm not a massive picture taker and to be honest don't know much about it. I have a sony digital camera which can film as well as take pictures. It is sony cybershot. I am looking for a tripod for it but I'm not sure how to know if it will fit on them.
Is there a certain way of knowing ?.
Any help would be great. Thanks guys , Tay.

I just entered "Sony camera tripod" and these came up....just find your camera's model number, etc. i'm sure someone here will be more help than me though.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_e?url=search-alias=electronics&field-keywords=sony+camera+tripod

what are you guys using for backdrops , I'm having trouble with this .
I tried just a sheet but even though it was ironed out there just seems to be way to many creases. I need something just flat. Hmmm..

Back