PF Jyn Erso (Rogue One)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can see some transparency of the resin in those pics, it's different from the standard grey resin (like the ones we saw on the Venom proto). I too think it's translucent resin, the same thing being used by Prime1. Real question is if it's just being used on the proto, or will be used on production too

If it is, it will likely only be for the proto.

They didn't offer it on the 1:2 obiwan after previewing and advertising it as such, so I will be shocked if they offer it here.

I think factories could be using new techniques to make it doable on production scale, I inquired about it one year ago for the Phoenix head and back then the % rate of failure on translucent resin was too high - it requires a different casting technique that is much more likely to leave air bubbles into the final casting, so factories did not offer it as a possibility.
I know ECC has used it but their stuff is high end price and bigger scale, while now P1 has started implementing it in all their releases and some stuff I had made for me has been cast in a similar material, so it seems it has become a viable option now.
It's something that should be inquired with SS because it makes quite a difference in the final paint app

You can see some transparency of the resin in those pics, it's different from the standard grey resin (like the ones we saw on the Venom proto). I too think it's translucent resin, the same thing being used by Prime1. Real question is if it's just being used on the proto, or will be used on production too

If you're referring to the WIP pics with the had before that just looks like it was 3d printed...

If you're referring to the WIP pics with the had before that just looks like it was 3d printed...

I don't think Sideshow uses the actual master print for paint and clothing, most likely they cast 2-3 copies of the master print and use those. Master prints are usually flat grey resin regardless of the material you use on production pieces because they basically function just to make molds of every part of the statue, and copies out of the molds.
I.e., the XM Mysterio master print has normal resin helmet even if the final one is some other material (clear resin or whatelse):

12256593_186574431685333_912550613_n.jpg

The grey is probably because it's primed cause it's not really grey like that, but yeah the transparent stuff is not printed transparent usually. The color of it though depends how it's been printed, that looks like MJM printed which has the frosted transparency look that you see there. I really doubt it's transparent resin even though I haven't seen what that looks like unpainted.

the grey is primed. The Jin head looks like a 3D print.

Casted resin is usually white. If its holystone.. its resin mixed with stone powder ... so might be a grayish tone

Either way.. the ex is a nice touch .. and this piece looks very nice !

After the new trailer this morning, I'm much more interested in this PF.

Looks like I may end up getting Jyn over Rey.

Rey's face sculpt is just too off for me personally. The Jyn PF is much closer to the character/actress.

I really like all the details on this PF. The mask and tubing and even the weapon detailing are all on point.

Yeah, after seeing the new trailer, this piece is a pretty definite lock for me as well. I still plan to get Rey and BB8 unless the the price is crazy high.

The trailer got me pretty pumped! I still can't commit to buying this though, it really depends on the price.

Yeah, after seeing the new trailer, this piece is a pretty definite lock for me as well. I still plan to get Rey and BB8 unless the the price is crazy high.

Sadly I can't get both. :(

I like the look of Jyn much better, so I'll be passing on the Rey. Hopefully the next Rey has a better face sculpt and a lightsaber!

Really hope SS does a Shoretrooper PF to go with this one.

Sadly I can't get both. :(

I like the look of Jyn much better, so I'll be passing on the Rey. Hopefully the next Rey has a better face sculpt and a lightsaber!

Really hope SS does a Shoretrooper PF to go with this one.

I may end up doing the same if Rey and BB8 are priced too high. If I had to choose, it would be Jyn for me as well. I agree on the Shoretrooper. It's a cool looking trooper and would pair with Jyn quite well.

I'm staying away from the trailers so there's more to experience in the theaters ><

That's a smart move. This latest trailer revealed just a little too much for my liking. I think they should have made the previous trailer the last one to preserve any further spoilers.

i would like a director krennic with his white uniform and cape.. i hope his good in the movie.

Back