PF Jyn Erso (Rogue One)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine in today.

Had been eyeing this for quite a while, but was reluctant to drop the coin on it just now. The combination of the in-hand photos, oneangrymo's unboxing vid, the recent Leia reveal, and the relatively low ES for the EX all contributed to making me finally hit the button.

I was hoping it would move from pre-order to in stock so I could have used the $50 off coupon from the mailer, but they stubbornly wouldn't reclassify it (even though it shipped out only a couple days after I got the order in).

Oh well.

In hand now I'm very happy to see it's consistent with all the pics and video. In fact, I'll go even further and say the both portraits here are better than the ones found on both of the Hot Toys figures. I was happy with those, but I honestly feel that SS more strongly captured this actress's distinctive features. The lips, and hint of the overbite behind them are spot on! That's a bit amazing to me as I've never felt SS was good for female celeb likenesses (didn't take note of Ridley's statue but I guess that's another recent strong likeness). The paint apps on both portraits also look to be as good as it gets.

This augers very well for the upcoming Leia.

As a huge fan of the film ( to me, it's the only worthwhile SW movie since 1980), I'm very happy I didn't let this slip away.

Well done ,SS!

Got mine in today.

Had been eyeing this for quite a while, but was reluctant to drop the coin on it just now. The combination of the in-hand photos, oneangrymo's unboxing vid, the recent Leia reveal, and the relatively low ES for the EX all contributed to making me finally hit the button.

I was hoping it would move from pre-order to in stock so I could have used the $50 off coupon from the mailer, but they stubbornly wouldn't reclassify it (even though it shipped out only a couple days after I got the order in).

Oh well.

In hand now I'm very happy to see it's consistent with all the pics and video. In fact, I'll go even further and say the both portraits here are better than the ones found on both of the Hot Toys figures. I was happy with those, but I honestly feel that SS more strongly captured this actress's distinctive features. The lips, and hint of the overbite behind them are spot on! That's a bit amazing to me as I've never felt SS was good for female celeb likenesses (didn't take note of Ridley's statue but I guess that's another recent strong likeness). The paint apps on both portraits also look to be as good as it gets.

This augers very well for the upcoming Leia.

As a huge fan of the film ( to me, it's the only worthwhile SW movie since 1980), I'm very happy I didn't let this slip away.

Well done ,SS!

I totally agreed with you on that one !! Love the love for details on this statue

$50 off at Sideshow with code JYN.

I thought this was one of their better looking SW statues, but I passed on it because I'm not too fond of the character.

Really like mine. Might pick up K2SO if I find a good deal. BFDC6587-7A47-451A-97D4-AF252037CDBF.jpg

She is one beauty of a statue! Best mixed media I seen on a statue

Looks like SSC is going to have some good deals on PFs for Black Friday. So for those who collect PFs, might be worth paying attention

Sorry for the necropost here, but wanted to ask the community a question. I recently sold this Jyn Erso PF and upon opening the buyer discovered the leg had come separated at the thigh (See photo). He says that he can tell there was a peg connecting the upper leg and lower leg and that maybe temperature change caused it to loose adhesion. He says it doesn't feel like it's broken, just unseated from the socket. For anyone out there with this statue, or with experience repairing PFs in general, any idea how to get to that spot to put a dab of super glue on the peg? Any help is greatly appreciated!

s-l1600.jpg

Sorry for the necropost here, but wanted to ask the community a question. I recently sold this Jyn Erso PF and upon opening the buyer discovered the leg had come separated at the thigh (See photo). He says that he can tell there was a peg connecting the upper leg and lower leg and that maybe temperature change caused it to loose adhesion. He says it doesn't feel like it's broken, just unseated from the socket. For anyone out there with this statue, or with experience repairing PFs in general, any idea how to get to that spot to put a dab of super glue on the peg? Any help is greatly appreciated!

View attachment 593197

Seems like there has to be a way since Sideshow had to dress the body somehow and no way they stitch it shut afterwards. It's an unfortunate pickle for you to be in. I never look forward to selling statues, probably only done it a couple times. Best of luck.

Seems like there has to be a way since Sideshow had to dress the body somehow and no way they stitch it shut afterwards. It's an unfortunate pickle for you to be in. I never look forward to selling statues, probably only done it a couple times. Best of luck.
Thanks! Yea, that’s what we were thinking as well. He did say that there’s a zipper on the back of the pants but they glued a belt over it. He’s going to try to get the belt loose and unzip. Fingers crossed

I am the person that Dennis sold the statue to and I was able to fix it. So the leg is a normal peg as you can see from the picture below that they just glued in and the glue was kind of flimsy so I can imagine some people might run into this issue as the statue gets old. The front of the pants has an overlapping belt that was glued from one side to another, you can gently rip it off and re-glue it later. I used some Gorilla Glue gel on the inside of the peg so this should be fine. Now if someone can just recommend a good glue for fabric that would be great haha. Dennis, thank you again for a fantastic deal on the statue!

Attachments

• 20220808_203612.jpg
    20220808_203612.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
I am the person that Dennis sold the statue to and I was able to fix it. So the leg is a normal peg as you can see from the picture below that they just glued in and the glue was kind of flimsy so I can imagine some people might run into this issue as the statue gets old. The front of the pants has an overlapping belt that was glued from one side to another, you can gently rip it off and re-glue it later. I used some Gorilla Glue gel on the inside of the peg so this should be fine. Now if someone can just recommend a good glue for fabric that would be great haha. Dennis, thank you again for a fantastic deal on the statue!
So glad to hear it! Try Aleens fabric fusion on Amazon. I just used it on a pair of life size Fett gloves and it’s holding great. Just a drop or teo

Back