PF Indy: Hat or No Hat?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will you display your Indy PF Exclusive?

• Hat!!

Votes: 107 68.6%
  • No hat.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I'm not getting the exclusive...

Votes: 47 30.1%

• Total voters
Yeah, it would be nice since I do get the Ex items to get something that is "special" but it doesn't bother me either if its something that isn't OMG type either. As long as I feel its worth the money I'm cool.

I agree with you that exclusives are meant to be something extra, but that if you don't get it the world won't end. But at the same time that extra should be something a bit more enticing than a head (most) people will never use.

Something like the medallion, or adding a hand holding a gun fit the bill as well when it comes to being able to live w/o it... but they have that extra umph that pushes you into wanting it.

I'm definitely looking forward to ordering this piece. But, to be honest, the exclusive (no interest in it at all for me) has taken away some of the excitement for Friday's PPO.

I'm passing on the exclusive and will just order the regualr from a retailer.

That's my plan.

I'll most likely get the exclusive but still display with hat. Let's be honest, it just looks better.

Collectors who want Indy without hat = 0

Tom, what are the worst exclusives ever for PFs? Now there's a POLL. I'd have to put Boba's weird wallmount symbol thing up there too, along with hatless Indy.

This should be a poll! Make it so :rock

I would only display it with the hat if I get the exclusive. But I'm really thinking about getting it from a retailer. The only advantage to getting the exclusive is that I'll probably get it quicker, and this is one of those "I want it now!" pieces.

I'm definitely looking forward to ordering this piece. But, to be honest, the exclusive (no interest in it at all for me) has taken away some of the excitement for Friday's PPO.

I'm passing on the exclusive and will just order the regualr from a retailer.

That's my plan.

That's a good point... Sideshow should make the exclusive at least half way desirable since they probably would want customers go directly to them for the product.

I also would consider the Exclusive Angel vamp head to be an excellent example of a great exclusive... a must over the regular.

Really, the best aspect of this exclusive is the repainting option. Makes things a LOT easier if SSC screws the pooch on the painting. We won't have to worry about getting paint on the jacket or clothing... just paint the head and put it back on. :rock

The hatless portrait is a pretty lame exclusive imo. I mean, why display him w/o the hat? He's the MAN WITH THE HAT!!! Not sure I'll sweat the exclu. on this one. Maybe if only to have, but it's hardly anything as great as the Anakin PF exclusive head.

I agree with you that exclusives are meant to be something extra, but that if you don't get it the world won't end. But at the same time that extra should be something a bit more enticing than a head (most) people will never use.

Something like the medallion, or adding a hand holding a gun fit the bill as well when it comes to being able to live w/o it... but they have that extra umph that pushes you into wanting it.

In this characters choice I admit the hatless head is not what I expected, but alternate heads have been enticing in the past. I agree all those would have been choices I would have really preferred to see but I don't agree that the extra head is lame.

Really, the best aspect of this exclusive is the repainting option. Makes things a LOT easier if SSC screws the pooch on the painting. We won't have to worry about getting paint on the jacket or clothing... just paint the head and put it back on. :rock

Very good point. That might convince me to get the exclusive by itself.

Why this is going to be a streamlined PPO I fail to see as well.

A lot of people were worried about missing out on the exclusive. Now that we know what the exclusive is, the worry factor has been greatly reduced.

As far as alternate heads go--it has been pointed out that Anakin has a very important alternate head option which represents a different and noteworthy version of the character. Same with Captain America, Wolverine, Thor or others that I'm forgetting. I think that the problem here is that the hatless option does not represent a suitably different version of the character.

Now a hatless Indy with the red dot on his head after drinking the Blood of Kali would represent a different moment in the life of the character. If Thor had a beard at some point in his comic history, then offering that option gives you a nice choice of stages in his development. Offering Aragorn with his ranger sword swapped out for Anduril, for example, would show the character at two different stages of development (same with Anakin's eyes). In this case, the difference is negligible and not really attractive.

The alternate hand with pistol would show the adventurer side of Indy in contrast to the archaeologist we see with the idol--there's an exclusive that would have shown two different shades to the character. What different side of Indy does the hatless option represent? Hatless Indy doesn't really show him in a different light as a character or at a different point in his journey throughout the saga, so without the exclusive representing a memorable moment or change in the character's story, it's not particularly compelling or attractive as an exclusive.

I don't expect this poll to return strong numbers for the hatless option.

Now that you mention it--give glasses to the hatless head, and I think it would be a worthy exclusive.

ditto. And I'm agreed its not a great exclusive selection. The staff and headpiece would have been fantastic.

But, the piece is so fantastic, who cares. It's the best Harrison likeness I've seen IMO, and the smirk is classic. If it translates into production, no complaints at all.

In this characters choice I admit the hatless head is not what I expected, but alternate heads have been enticing in the past. I agree all those would have been choices I would have really preferred to see but I don't agree that the extra head is lame.

Yeah, not lame... but not really good either. Just kinda okay and a little confusing.

Back