PF Indy: Hat or No Hat?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How will you display your Indy PF Exclusive?

• Hat!!

Votes: 107 68.6%
  • No hat.

Votes: 2 1.3%
  • I'm not getting the exclusive...

Votes: 47 30.1%

• Total voters
While sticking to the non-essential aspect of an exclusive item, it still needs to appeal to someone, which it looks to me like this largely does not do.

I agree that absolutely mandatory exclusives that really change the nature of the piece can be really frustrating to miss out on. I think of a piece like Lurtz, and as a potential companion to Boromir (if he ever gets made), you're going to want that bow. THe light up X-Men dioramas or Grey Hulks are other good examples of pieces that are significantly different. It shouldn't always be the end of the world if you miss an exclusive, and in this case the regular will be basically identical to the exclusive as displayed in the collections of 99% of the owners.

While sticking to the non-essential aspect of an exclusive item, it still needs to appeal to someone, which it looks to me like this largely does not do.

Out of 29 people 0 will be displaying this without hat. Things might change but that says it all.

We don't know that. The info we're seeing is a tiny % of how many will buy this.

I agree that absolutely mandatory exclusives that really change the nature of the piece can be really frustrating to miss out on. I think of a piece like Lurtz, and as a potential companion to Boromir (if he ever gets made), you're going to want that bow. The light up X-Men dioramas or Grey Hulks are other good examples of pieces that are significantly different. It shouldn't always be the end of the world if you miss an exclusive, and in this case the regular will be basically identical to the exclusive as displayed in the collections of 99% of the owners.

That's why even though the exclusive is puzzling (insert term here) its not a bad choice because it won't be one that makes ya all pissed.

I agree that absolutely mandatory exclusives that really change the nature of the piece can be really frustrating to miss out on. I think of a piece like Lurtz, and as a potential companion to Boromir (if he ever gets made), you're going to want that bow. THe light up X-Men dioramas or Grey Hulks are other good examples of pieces that are significantly different. It shouldn't always be the end of the world if you miss an exclusive, and in this case the regular will be basically identical to the exclusive as displayed in the collections of 99% of the owners.

Those exclusives are really cool and add a lot to the pieces. As frustrating as it may be in some cases to miss out on them I really prefer them to throw away 'meh' items.

I've noticed that Sideshow's exclusive have gotten less and less "special and unique" recently.

The 12'' figures have typically been the same as far as I know. Maybe a unique item or a different head sculpt. Some are really cool and must-haves...others are just...heh....lame. But it some aspects I think it's a good thing for those who get the Regular do not feel like they're missing out.

The PFs used to be REAL unique...Gray Hulk, Negative Zone Spidey, etc. even Captain America recently had a different head, shield, and object he was standing on (Nazi helmet). Now it seems like it's just a different head or hand.

Now granted, I do understand that some characters can be limiting in what they can have as an exclusive but I'd like to see Sideshow do something radical again like they did with Gray Hulk.

That's a good question--I would agree that Fett's artifact is a proud member of the Non-Mandatory Exclusive Club. I wonder what other people would include on the list?

The Aragorn PF exclusive doesn't really strike me as a must-have either.

The camera that came with the Spidey PF was pretty weak.

I think the worst is probably the banner that comes with the Jurassic Park dio.

I've noticed that Sideshow's exclusive have gotten less and less "special and unique" recently.

The 12'' figures have typically been the same as far as I know. Maybe a unique item or a different head sculpt. Some are really cool and must-haves...others are just...heh....lame. But it some aspects I think it's a good thing for those who get the Regular do not feel like they're missing out.

The PFs used to be REAL unique...Gray Hulk, Negative Zone Spidey, etc. even Captain America recently had a different head, shield, and object he was standing on (Nazi helmet). Now it seems like it's just a different head or hand.

Now granted, I do understand that some characters can be limiting in what they can have as an exclusive but I'd like to see Sideshow do something radical again like they did with Gray Hulk.

The sith eyes Anakin was a homerun... far from weak--- but then that might just be the exception.

Yeah, it would be nice since I do get the Ex items to get something that is "special" but it doesn't bother me either if its something that isn't OMG type either. As long as I feel its worth the money I'm cool.

I'm gonna pass on the exclusive. HAT all the way for me. The second head is nice, don't get me wrong, but, I'll never display it like that. So, I'll just buy the regular from a retailer.

Back