PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received this little guy some days ago and he is looking so much better in person than on the pics!

vo3gpsaz.jpg

qp8onr26.jpg

oedvumbv.jpg

ky2ojci4.jpg

xge5ax7d.jpg

Congrats Spawn_de :wave :clap

I see my one first thing every morning, as he the only LOTR I have displayed in my bedroom. :wink1:

Can't wait to see how he turns out in the Maquette/Statue line. :impatient: :pray:

:duff
Bill

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I just picked this up recently and wanted to share some pics to relax my mind after a terrible two days at work

**sorry for the bad pictures BTW. I have to use my phone camera until we get a new camera this week.

photobucket-4369-1341720478454.jpg

photobucket-1641-1341720517252.jpg

photobucket-11413-1341720553176.jpg

photobucket-1469-1341720610253.jpg

Now, not sure if anyone would notice, but I used the "hot water" trick on this to try and get the cape to lay more naturally and IMO it totally worked. His clothing seems to rest properly now (compare it to some of the other photos). Can't wait to try this trick on a few incoming items.

No worries on the bumping! I like sharing what I have to, even if it's an old statue and I just got it or something.

Here is my show case of my statue.

[ame]https://youtu.be/LvbrTQQuLHY[/ame]

:gah: I've been on the fence about this for nearly a year!
Is it reeallllyyyy that much better in person, compared to the pics?
Reeeaaallllyyyy?
I love the character and I have all the other fellowship PF's but I just look at in-hand pics of this and cringe.
Its not just the bad likeness, its the thickness of the clothing compared to the size of the character.
Tell me I'm missing something by not having it in-hand myself.
Its always fairly priced from what I've seen, and I could go for this.
But.. :gah: *steadies himself on fence*

if you collect the maquette line, wait for that version. The PF is nothing great IMO. The costume is decent, but the pose and the paint job leave a lot to be desired. I sold it, and never regretted it.

The best Frodo likeness so far was the Crack of Doom diorama that Trevor sculpted.

The only thing I don't like about my Frodo PF is the likeness. :(

I'm happy with everything else. :love

Like you Rick Cottontree :wave, I have all the PF...it would be a shame for you not to have this one also.

As you say: he can be picked up for quite a good price these days (and worth it IMHO). :)

Just my 2 cents worth. :wink1:

Bill

anyone got any tips on how to tighten the belt?
i don't want to break the buckle by mucking around too much so any help will be appreciated :wave

The only thing I don't like about my Frodo PF is the likeness. :(

I'm happy with everything else. :love

Like you Rick Cottontree :wave, I have all the PF...it would be a shame for you not to have this one also.

As you say: he can be picked up for quite a good price these days (and worth it IMHO). :)

Just my 2 cents worth. :wink1:

Bill

Sorry I've only just noticed your reply, been off the board for some time. :cuckoo:

I have since been keeping an eye out for a decent priced Frodo PF on ebay. My idea is to purchase him but repaint the face. There are a few brilliant repaints on this thread alone that do the likeness much better justice.
I have also since been browsing a lot of collectors photos of the costuming, and I have to say the tailoring does look pretty superb!
I am sold! I will look out for him at a fair price (as you mentioned), but comprimise with having to do a repaint.
Thanks for pushing me off the fence finally! (It only took over a year) :lol

Glad to hear you are going to go for him Rick Cottontree. :wave

Don't forget to show us some pics of the repaint when it's done. :stick

Often thought of doing the same myself, but I'm not sure the sculpt is quite there. :(

Have you seen any good repaints of him? :dunno

Bill

One or two. One at least was submitted by a user on this board, I'm sure. I agree that the sculpt might not be all there, but I think it's worth a shot etiher way! :)

Yes I agree with you there...sure would love to see how some repaints turned out. :pray:

Any ideas where I would find some? :dunno

Bill

The likeness is kind of questionable, but there's no question that it can look better with a repaint or touchup. I don't have mind anymore, but I recall that just putting a little dark brown paint in his mouth made it look a lot better.

Back