PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
El Roranous said:
I am sorry but this guy still does not float my boat. I want to like him, I have tried to like him, yet every time I see a new picture I almost have to look away. His clothes are fantastic but the sculpt isn't great. I want a new Frodo to be made even though I know it will never happen, I can still hope. :monkey2

It really is a nice piece. And I know you've heard this a thousand times, but he really does look much bettter in person. This will be a grail in this line if SS doesn't kill it before it gets started.

Darth Loki said:
It really is a nice piece. And I know you've heard this a thousand times, but he really does look much bettter in person. This will be a grail in this line if SS doesn't kill it before it gets started.

You think? It's not even sold out now? Maybe the GTW PF will help this move more units too.

KitFisto said:
You think? It's not even sold out now? Maybe the GTW PF will help this move more units too.

I think if SSC had a 'Show Your Shelves' section on their website, this would be sold out. Those pics on the product page are HORRIBLE. If it looked like that in person, I would've cancelled my order too.

It's true. It really does look better in person in my opinion, although the pics really don't do it justice.

Mine:

frodofa8.jpg

The blue rubber band on his foot was applied when I glued it back together after it snapped. Let's hear it for Gorilla Glue!

Now, it is all better. You can't even tell it broke.

Darth Loki said:
...but I have seen it in person and even then it just didn't look right. I was instantly drawn to the mouth area, which is the worst part in my opinion. I could have purchased it for pretty cheap but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I knew that if I bought it, the only thing I would be able to stare at is the mouth and eyes. Shame too because I think the clothing and base are out of this world! If the sculpt had been right on, then Mr. Frodo would have been sold out a very long time ago. Just my opinion, don't mean to be mean. Frodo might get a little more sought after but I don't think I need him the way he is.

I'm a little late to the party, but I just bought the Frodo PF from Lonnie (thanks!) and thought I would take a few pics. The mouth is clearly a factory mistake of some kind. It doesn't make any sense that they wouldn't have made the inside a different color. So I slightly repainted the mouth. (The flash makes it look a little bit different than it looks in person.)

frodo_pf2.jpg

frodo_pf3.jpg

frodo_pf4.jpg

frodo_pf1.jpg

I just got the Frodo PF but mine has a slight problem. Not only do his feet not line up properly with the pegs, but his left foot (the one next to the skull) won't fit into the peg at all. The hole isn't wide enough.

I'm slowly working it into the peg, by twisting and turning it. Some of the resin inside is chipping away as I go, so it is making it's way in there. I just want to make sure I don't snap the foot off in the process. Anyone have any suggestions?

Well, I was able to fit it in. I had to go at an angle and I don't look forward to ever having to remove him from the base because it was a pretty tight fit.

Anyway, I was able to get off one lousy pic before the camera batteries died.

14lslkk.jpg

This PF isn't as bad as my pic would suggest, honest. I decided for $170 shipped I could look past the painted mouth issue and I'm glad I decided to go for it.

it looks awesome in the photos...and the fabric also looks good!!!congrats!:naughty:naughty:naughty

I think you'll probably find the answer to that in the 38 pages of this thread, but... Yes it's not bad if you can get it cheap. Although redoing a little bit of the paint on the lips really helps improve the look IMHO.

Back