PF Frodo Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
is the mouth pretty obvious when viewing from a few feet away or just up close?

the costuming is awesome.

nash said:
is the mouth pretty obvious when viewing from a few feet away or just up close?

I'm afraid it will be now, after seeing the close-up pictures and all the talk about it... even if it would not have been a problem for you and you would not have noticed, you will be now.:eek:

I know the mouth will be the first thing I look at when I receive mine... To whoever brought up this topic: :emperor

Amazing pictures guy, however I still think this is one of the worst PF ever.

Even though I love the outfit and all the detail that went into this little guy, I could never get over the mouth. Yes, the mouth and the hair bothers me too.

Darth Roranous said:
I could never get over the mouth. Yes, the mouth and the hair bothers me too.

I haven't bought this piece, and with all the various complaints I'm hearing, I'm afraid to. Alot of the complaints seem to be paint related which leads into my question. Are these pieces not going through a rigorous quality control process before being packed up and shipped from China?

woodsy said:
Are these pieces not going through a rigorous quality control process before being packed up and shipped from China?
Sideshow's QC has been pretty bad as of late. A lot pieces have come either broken or with bad paint jobs, i.e. Ghost Rider, Aragorn.
Frodo on the other hand never looked good to begin with. Looking at the previous pictures from comic con, his mouth hasn't changed much.

Frodo PF is another example of a piece that looks sooooooo much better in person (IMO). I still have to get my replacement (since the one I did get came with a paint blob on Sting) but just from seeing what little I did (since I couldn't unpack him fully) I was mighty impressed. The statue as a whole is just a beautiful peice.

It really is a great piece. In person the only thing that bothers me is the inner part of the mouth.

Looking at these pics finally convinced me to get off the fence and add him next to my PF Lurtz coming.

As soon as I get some fundage, he's the next one to be ordered.

Now to decide whether to order him from Alter Ego for cheap, or order from SS to grab the rewards points.

Just received my Frodo PF from the Godfather and I gotta say, wow! He is much much better then I thought he would be. Just don't look at the face too closely, it'll scare ya. :) Seriously though, it's an amazing piece and I'm really glad I didn't cancel it. Now, before everyone has theirs in hand SS, get going and get the next one announced so interest doesn't go away and you wind up dropping the line!

carbo-fation said:
Sideshow's QC has been pretty bad as of late. A lot pieces have come either broken or with bad paint jobs, i.e. Ghost Rider, Aragorn.
Frodo on the other hand never looked good to begin with. Looking at the previous pictures from comic con, his mouth hasn't changed much.

Perhaps if SS pays the sweatshop...errr...company in China a bit more money to produce their products, that company could pay their assembley line worker's $4 a day instead of $3, or provide them with prescription eyewear where needed.

Back