Petition for the Completion of the LOTR Medallion Program

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Gazmog

Many of us who were subscribers to the LOTR Medallion Program were gutted to learn of its discontinuation following the release of medallions 9-16 (The Two Towers). The details of the proposed 'Last 8' that depict pivotal moments from The Return of the King sound truly exciting, and would have unquestionably provided a fitting conclusion to this line.

www.sideshowtoy.com/lotr_medalrelease.html

It is the opinion of many devotees of these fine examples of low-relief art, as well as newcomers, that a limited run of medallions #17 - 24 should be given careful and serious consideration by those at WETA Workshop and Sideshow Collectibles. Many observers are all too aware of how sought after these medallions have become, like the rest of the Sideshow Weta merchandise in circulation, and feel it is time to bring closure to this issue by releasing the remaining medallions as a set or indivdually with a similar or much reduced edition size than before. There is no doubt that consumer demand will be high for these.

To my fellow board members, do the right thing and put your name to this thread, this petition, and let's bring this issue to the attention of those who will take note.

Sign Now!

:wave

Re: Petition for the Completion of the LOTR Medallion Progra

Please SideShow! Make the final 8 medallions!

Bas aka B-Electronic

I am in.

Make the medallions.

:banana

I am in agreement for a limited run of 1000, sold as a set only.

PLEASE RELEASE THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :poke

Im with you Smaug

1000 LE Set

Sounds cool

WG :mac :mac :mac :mac :mac

Please... :sancho

:toast
Robbert

ohhh... here it is! :doh

yep... finish off the medallions... low ed size guarantee they'll sell.

signed.

I would love to see the medallion program completed! But please keep the original program members in mind... ;)

Please make these medallions. They would be most impressive!
:eowyn

Re

I don't collect the medallions but I'll sign anyway as its pointless to release the first two sets and not the third. Surely they wouldn't make a loss on releasing even a VERY limited number of these! Think of those poor medallion collectors with an incomplete set Sideshow!!!!!

Re: Re

There is an empty spot on my wall beside the first 16. Please make the set complete. :bow

Re: Petition for the Completion of the LOTR Medallion ProgRe

Please make the last eight medallions.:angel

Re: Petition for the Completion of the LOTR Medallion ProgRe

Yes, please make the last 8! This set deserves to be completed! :banana

Do it.
We need it.

I agree, I vote for the completion of the medallion collection. I would suggest a limited edition of 500-750 and only sold as a set. However, I would offer this to those people that were part of the medallion program first so they may complete the collection. With an edition size of 500-750, they are assured of selling out if for no other reason than everyone would jump at the chance to order because of the edition size.

It definitely needs to be completed. I only managed to get 2, but they are fantastic and I'd like to make it up to 10 ;)

Have they even explained why they haven't gone ahead with it at all?

Finish the medallions! We Wants It,,!! :gollum

Hey Mak, welcome to the board!

And yes, I too would love to see them finish the series.

Back