Petition for 1/6 Uncharted Nathan Drake by Hot Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
biohazard_Leon_reg_02.jpg

Something like that but with Nathan Drake. Yes. Take my money!

HT has really come a long way since the RE4 line. That Leon figure was good for the time it was released but it doesn't compare to the excellent sculpting of Chris and Wesker. And now they're adding skin detail to their VGM line starting with Ezio.

Just imagine what they could do with Nathan Drake! :rock

9biohazard5albertwesker.jpg

7Biohazard5_ChrisRedfieldSTARSver.jpg

20100706_783a6d17e8bb09e18e3a6wQtJ11PfXQ2.jpg

Can anybody explain why Uncharted is great?
I played both games (and lots of multiplayer in part 2) and maybe it's because I'm used to well made characters like the Prince of Persia (sands of time version), James Sunderland (from Silent Hill 2) and so on, but Uncharted still seems like bland ____. (Because it still is)

Even Resident Evil is so cheesey and dumb it's good, I just don't see the appeal in Uncharted apart from shallow fantasys about premature jerks with rifles.

Oh and for the record, I think MGS is the most prententious and silly game series ever made, Hideo Kojima is Fumito Ueda's little Bltch and I never said I didn't liked Uncharteds gameplay.

Put an Indiana Jones skin over Nathan Drake and I'm all for running, climbing and gunning down Piratezombienazimercaneries.

Hey Vincent, why do you hate fun?

Seriously. I've read your previous comments in this thread and you seem to ooze vitriol with every word. Not to mention it seems you are on a crusade to convince other peoe that their interests are wrong and mistaken.

I don't particularly love the Uncharted games, but I respect them for being well crafted, cinematic gaming experiences with characters that are well-written and have good rapport with each other. Nathan Drake isn't the most original character, but there's nothing particularly odious or despisable about him. He's the everyman and spouts jokes here and there.

As for Uncharted as a game, it's like the spiritual successor of Tomb Raider (which itself took cues from Indy). Aside from having a big pair of tits, what made Lara Croft so unique and likeable?
People love exploring exotic locales in video games and going on adventures, and Uncharted does that very well and seamlessly goes from gameplay to cutscene and back again. I don't know of many games in which I am caught off guard wondering if a cutscene has ended or not and suddenly I'm thrusted into gameplay.

I'm sorry, but you sound like a snob of the highest order, even going so far as to compare Kojima to Fumiko Ueda. I have no idea how bringing up that comparison here is relevant except as an attempt for you to expouse your elitist 'tastes'

Stop hatin'.

Thank you for your opinions Vincent, they are very interesting.

I'm just going to file them away for safe keeping...

RantFiling.jpg

I played both games (and lots of multiplayer in part 2) and maybe it's because I'm used to well made characters like the Prince of Persia (sands of time version), James Sunderland (from Silent Hill 2) and so on, but Uncharted still seems like bland ____. (Because it still is)

Even Resident Evil is so cheesey and dumb it's good, I just don't see the appeal in Uncharted apart from shallow fantasys about premature jerks with rifles.

Oh and for the record, I think MGS is the most prententious and silly game series ever made, Hideo Kojima is Fumito Ueda's little Bltch and I never said I didn't liked Uncharteds gameplay.

Put an Indiana Jones skin over Nathan Drake and I'm all for running, climbing and gunning down Piratezombienazimercaneries.

Well there goes all and any of your gaming cred, and opinions....

ProperlyFlushingToiletSte.jpg

As cool of a fig Ezio will be, I would buy Drake over him in a heart beat since I like the character more. Definitely would be cool to have the winter jacket as an accessory.

Videogame figures in general could be hit and Miss. Mastercheif would sell, I'm sure Drake would and maybe Chloe, but figures from say Call of Duty nobody would really care about, COD sells for its faceless MP, not its characters or story.

Personally, in terms of great designs and awesome characters, I think the videogame Hot Toys holy grail would be Mass Effect. But Uncharted does indeed have some greats.

Dude were you half sleep playing through that game or were you to high to recognize the awesomness.:cuckoo:

r8xweb.jpg

I think bloody parts would be cool too... different headsculpt, t shirt and hands.
Thats a pretty good idea. I always like when HT includes extra parts to create an alternate look for a character, a perfect example being the upcoming T-1000.

Dude were you half sleep playing through that game or were you to high to recognize the awesomness.:cuckoo:

Please do explain "the awesomeness"
If you mean by awesomeness "watch brown haired Dane Cook ********* gun down zillions of goons while his anoying dialouge never shuts it" then no I was not sleeping, I was just bored by this BS.

Back