Person of Interest

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the best crews I've ever worked with. My episode is airing/just aired? and my boy was the dude that got clotheslined by Reese in the hospital episode 1 or 2 back. :rock

One of the best crews I've ever worked with. My episode is airing/just aired? and my boy was the dude that got clotheslined by Reese in the hospital episode 1 or 2 back. :rock

Wow, very cool. I'll have to go back and find that part.

Yup. Totally following S5 and man what a season it's been so far! The last episode was sooooo good! :crying

As much as I'm enjoying the whole stack of episodes that we've burned through so far, I'll be sad when this series ends. To see it grow from a procedural to this epic conspiracy thriller has been great. It's been an awesome ride! POI has, and still is, my favourite series of the past few years. I'm just glad CBS gave the show the chance to end it on their terms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, last episode was so intense and completely unexpected. I can't wait for Tuesday!

I have to wonder whether Amy Acker suffers dejavu from past roles.. :lol

And, over 5 consecutive series this would have to be my favourite programme over the last few years. Flash is still early and up and down. Arrow had one really worthwhile season and then meh. The Walking Dead, lost interest a couple of seasons ago but then picked up again with the Negan stuff approaching. Sons of Anarchy was good and then tipped downhill.

Person of Interest there hasn't been a single series I haven't enjoyed, nor a story-arc where I thought.. huh?

Have only watched the first couple of eps for this season, and even though it's been great, I find it ridiculous they were able to bring the machine back at all.

I've never seen a single episode of this, but somehow Season 5 ended up in the "owned" section of My Vudu account.

Has this happened to anybody else? Is it some sort of promotion to get people to watch or a weird glitch?

I can't wait. I will miss the show when it's over though.

Absolutely. It's bitter sweet because it seems to be going out on a high as oppose to being dragged out and becoming a shell of its former self.

Absolutely. It's bitter sweet because it seems to be going out on a high as oppose to being dragged out and becoming a shell of its former self.

That's how I feel. I haven't been disappointed with a single season. They realised they couldn't just do a weekly Reese/Finch protecting a POI with a background story arc (HR) for 5+ seasons, so they adapted it, but still kept it good.

I can't say the same for a lot of other programmes created on a single theme. Prison Break and Lost. Great Season 1, but downhill from there. Then there are shows like Sons of Anarchy which was a forced downhill slide just to wrap it up.. And oh so many sitcoms over the years have destroyed themselves in later years.. Scrubs, Married With Children, Rosanne.. the list goes on.

Personally the show got way too complicated for me. Watching this last season I had pretty much forgotten how the hell we got to that point in the first place. Would it have killed them to do a “last season on POI” especially since it had been so long since the previous season?

I had to read up online to remind me who even built Samaritan in the first place! Honestly I have found that whole Samaritan thing to be way too plodding and heavy and convoluted and focal for me. I think Buffy and even Veronica Mars did the over-arching season big bad best by having a “monster of the week” with a little of the big bad sprinkled within each episode. Then having the last couple of episodes be the big battle with the big bad. Here it turned to mostly Samaritan episodes, with the number of the week episodes only occasionally.

I’m hoping the last episode will be a little more uplifting and will indeed end on a high note because it’s been such heavy doom and gloom for the longest time with very little hope for a show that’s basically about saving people.

I loved the over arching Samaritan Arc of the past few seasons. It really raised the stakes and elevated the show from just being a procedural IMO.

I loved the finale! No spoilers, but it was bittersweet and I don't think it could have ended any other way. :crying

I'll miss this show greatly. I'm glad it ended on a high.

I loved the over arching Samaritan Arc of the past few seasons. It really raised the stakes and elevated the show from just being a procedural IMO.

I loved the finale! No spoilers, but it was bittersweet and I don't think it could have ended any other way. :crying

I'll miss this show greatly. I'm glad it ended on a high.

I agree with your views on Samaritan. The finale hit all the right notes for me personally and I really enjoyed it.

Just watched the finale. Great finish. Sad to see it go. Got choked up. I've always felt weird about 'feeling' for an AI though.

I was very satisfied with the finale. The writers did a good job tying things up nicely in a one hour timeframe. I'll definitely miss POI.

Very sad to see one of my favorite shows of all time end. Great writing from beginning to end. Goodbye old friends :(

I think it ended about how we expected it would. The fates of each of the leads (including the machine) seemed likely to always to head to that outcome.. There were certainly nods to it earlier in the season.

Yes, it had a good, satisfying, bittersweet ending.

I did think they dragged the Finch stuff a little too long and I think it would have played better in real time vs. the “12 hours earlier” rewind thing they did.

And I still think they over-complicated the whole Samaritan thing throughout the past 3 seasons. But I definitely liked the ending.

Edit: I forgot to add that Amy Acker must be a vampire! She has virtually not aged since her days on Angel!

Last edited:
Well, I'm back to the beginning on bluray at the moment as I'm on leave from work for a couple of weeks. Good times, good times. :yess: Back when Carter was on John's trail, Fusco was his reluctant 'pet', and Finch was a reclusive rich man hiding as much as he could from John.

Can't help but laugh how less often Jim forces that gruff Reese voice in the old days. Just finished the episode with Zoe (shame she wasn't used more towards the end), and next episode is when Elias comes along..

Back