Statue PCS Rambo license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's wrong with the nose on the Blitzway Rocky statue? Looks like perfection to me. This guy is an egomaniac, he's trying to get collectors to believe that his company is the only place to go to get premium collectible statues, I think most of his stuff looks cartoonish and that's the problem with his version of Rambo.

He says in profile, the shape from his brow to the tip of his nose isn't curved right on the blitzway.

Jerry's so full of sh**. Blitzways Rocky and Enterbays Rambo look better than this. Bare minimum this should look at least on par with those.

Jerry's so full of sh**. Blitzways Rocky and Enterbays Rambo look better than this. Bare minimum this should look at least on par with those.

Exactly:lecture One other thought on Mr. Jerry, any artist with any integrity, pride and respect for his craft would never publicly talk negatively of another artists work, the fact that he continues to be so out spoken shows what an unprofessional pos he is, he doesn't have any respect for anyone.

Exactly:lecture One other thought on Mr. Jerry, any artist with any integrity, pride and respect for his craft would never publicly talk negatively of another artists work, the fact that he continues to be so out spoken shows what an unprofessional pos he is, he doesn't have any respect for anyone.

Agreed. I mean hell, if you don't like another company's work, then so be it. But why does he feel the need to go out of his way to say things like "just googled EB's Rambo, the head sculpt is not very good." Other than making himself feel better about his work, I'm not sure what he's trying to accomplish.

I don't think he's taking well to hearing people praise other Stallone pieces, I think he wants to only hear "wow, that's now the best Stallone sculpt ever."

Like has been pointed out, the area around his chin and lower lip seems puffy in some shots and almost exaggerated for how it looks in Rambo 2, it's not a perfect sculpt, but it's still a great sculpt, certainly in a top 5.

I don't think he's taking well to hearing people praise other Stallone pieces, I think he wants to only hear "wow, that's now the best Stallone sculpt ever."

Like has been pointed out, the area around his chin and lower lip seems puffy in some shots and almost exaggerated for how it looks in Rambo 2, it's not a perfect sculpt, but it's still a great sculpt, certainly in a top 5.

Yeah the sculpt is not bad at all, its just not as excellent as Jerry seems to think it is. Especially considering the sheer size this is going to be and price.

It's hard to think it's a 1/3 piece because of the ways in which it is off, I keep thinking it's like 1/4 at most. I have the 1/3 Legendary bust, this seems smaller for some of its issues.

I agree Maulfan. This statue being 1/3 makes the faults less excusable.

Of course Stallone says he loves the statue. What's he going to do, say it looks like s***. :lol

From Jerry.
They showed Sylvester and he loved the statue

I agree Maulfan. This statue being 1/3 makes the faults less excusable.

Of course Stallone says he loves the statue. What's he going to do, say it looks like s***. :lol

First, Stallone is an art lover, he makes his own art and is a big collector of art and appreciates all sorts of interpretations. Stallone liking the PCS statue does not mean it is flawless, does not mean it is the most lifelike likeness of him ever, all it means is that he appreciates the representation of a character he's played and I think everyone, even those who have issues with this piece, overall think it's a pretty solid Rambo collectible and just needs a few fixes.

That said, to illustrate a point, I am a big fan of most of Edinho Maga's Rambo pieces and love the 3 Rambo 4 ones I have from him, but I have always felt his first Rambo 2 was a big miss.

Rambo_II_2h.jpg~original

And where has it ended up...on Sylvester Stallone's office desk.

02b_Twitter_SylvesterStallone-141231.jpg

So again, Stallone's endorsement of the PCS piece is a positive thing, I just hope people don't start coming down on the critiques using an argument that, Stallone likes it so that's all that should matter and you should shut up, or anything like that.

We've had a similar conversation before. I've never been a fan of Edinho's work, nothing at all against him personally, just not fond of his sculpts. He's always had a serious problem with proportions, which is seemingly his biggest downfall. If he were to sit down and spend a while studying accurate body proportions his sculpting would improve tremendously.

Stallone liking this piece does little to endorse it for me, but I'm sure for some that will be the case. As you said "Stallone likes it, that's all that matters" is the mentality some will undoubtedly have. What was Sly supposed to say though? Of course he thinks it's cool someone took the time to sculpt one of the characters he spent a huge portion of his career playing. Regardless of how real/ life-like or accurate it looks, I doubt he really even cares. That doesn't change the fact that these PCS pieces (and I'm sure Edinho has the same intentions) ARE meant to be life-like representations of these characters. Sure there are a few artistic liberties taken, same with any company. But take a look at the realism in their Arnold Conans head sculpt compared to this. Night and day difference.

I know you're not a fan of Edinho's pieces, but as an owner and follower of his, I find him inconsistent, at the time he did that Rambo 2, I believe he'd done both the 1/6 and 1/4 Rambo pieces, if not he definitely had done the 1/6 Rambo and Rocky statues, which, while not perfect, realistic likenesses, at least have Stallone's likeness and the posture of the body parts looks correct. That Rambo 2 just looks rough from many points, the arms just look off in how they're posed, and the face is one of his weakest Stallone's, but also the first with the snarl which I'm sure throw offs many sculptors attempting Sly.

Point being, Stallone didn't just take it from him and throw it in storage or whatever, it's in a place of prominence and it's not even the best piece out there, so for me that goes to show that Stallone's tastes and appreciation for collectibles and art of his characters is not limited to exact likeness of him or perfect proportions or posture, and because of that, his liking of the PCS piece, which I don't question he genuinely does, to me simply means he likes the piece, it'd be different if he'd said "you've captured Rambo better than anyone ever has".

And oh yeah, look who else is on display at Sly's house.

Scale wise does this statue look much larger than the 1/4 Kessler Wolf next to it?
The PCS 1/3 Conan's seemed small to me as well.
Course all I have for reference is 1/3 AKuma which has been said to be larger than 1/3.

In my opinion it sounds like you guys are trying to convince yourselves not to like this piece...not you qz

Not at all, I like the piece, I have no plans to buy it as size and price are beyond my means, I just like discussing Rambo related subjects and I don't care much for certain personalities and some of the behavior of PCS representatives around this piece has rubbed me the wrong way. Even though I'm not buying it, I'm excited to see more love for Rambo and excited following the development of this piece, but there's been some chatter and such along the way which has cast a dark cloud over something exciting.

Yeah I'm not saying Stallone didn't like this statue or whatever, I'm just saying that the response he gave, which wasn't even a direct response from the man himself, rather one of his reps, was pretty generic. It's not like Jerry was going to say " We sent the Statue over to Sly and one of his reps said he hated it." :lol That's neat to see he has the EB Rambo back there, I wonder if he has blitzways Rocky?

I'm not convincing myself of anything, I genuinely like this statue. I do think it would benefit greatly If the issues mentioned in this thread were fixed. The sheer presence this statue will have when on display will be incredible. It just has a lot of shortcomings especially when considering the price. What I'm not a fan of, to reiterate what Maulfan said, is Jerry's disrespectful attitude towards other company's work. It makes me not want to support him or this company.

I imagine Stallone probably receives one of every figure made of him or owns one. I have no doubt he owns the Blitzway, there's a long history with Sly and Butkus and if you didn't know, he was Sly's actual dog and before Rocky, he had to sell him cuz he couldn't afford it and later bought him back. I would imagine Sly even had to approve inclusion of the dog in the piece, but who wouldn't enjoy a display piece of yourself with someone special from your life.

Of course Stallone would like the piece.
None of us are saying it's bad and it IS EASILY the best rambo statue ever made.
So why wouldn't Sly love it?

For those of us constantly in touch with this hobby, we wanted to match it the Arnie Conan which is basically as polystone perfect as possible including proportions, sculpt and hair. .... the 3 important things this new Rambo is off base on...

He also has a large house so could easily find somewhere for the giant grenade base :)

Back