Statue PCS Rambo license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Size isn't an issue, but if you paint them further up into his eyelids he could look more intense.

Making the iris's smaller instantly took away that "cartoon" quality that the statue has now. It's the same as Enterbays Rambo, Maulfan. The eyes were painted too large on that piece as well, throwing off the likeness. They made the iris's smaller and it made it look ten times better.

Nowhere near cinemaquette expensive though. Cinemaquette cost more than 2x as much!

And the likeness looks pretty good to me ;p

Are you implying that it would add to the costs? Most resins cost about the same if not less than plastics. Plastic prices have more than doubled in the past few years.

Are you implying that it would add to the costs? Most resins cost about the same if not less than plastics. Plastic prices have more than doubled in the past few years.

Yes it would definitely add to the cost. It's not the material costs but the labor costs. Translucent resin is not cast the same and it is more difficult to cast. Also there is a lot more wastage because of the difficulties in casting means a lot of it has to be tossed. Jerry himself has mentioned that it's more complex and expensive and that's why for the ultra line he offers some of the translucent effects separately so people don't have to pay the increased cost if they don't want to. It's similar to chroming, sure it's not expensive in terms of materials but it's considerably harder and therefore more expensive to do. Same reason cinamaquette almost didn't use it for the guyver bust.

edit: speak of the devil, someone else had the same question and jerry just responded with the same answer ;p

"With a regular statue you are going to cover it with paint, so if there is an air bubble you just fill it and paint it.

With translucent resin you cant patch it as you will see the patching. Every casting has to come out perfect which means lots of castings get thrown in the garbage to get one perfect one."

Yes it would definitely add to the cost. It's not the material costs but the labor costs. Translucent resin is not cast the same and it is more difficult to cast. Also there is a lot more wastage because of the difficulties in casting means a lot of it has to be tossed. Jerry himself has mentioned that it's more complex and expensive and that's why for the ultra line he offers some of the translucent effects separately so people don't have to pay the increased cost if they don't want to. It's similar to chroming, sure it's not expensive in terms of materials but it's considerably harder and therefore more expensive to do. Same reason cinamaquette almost didn't use it for the guyver bust.

The labor costs? I'm referring to clear casting resins. You can get giant containers of it at arts and crafts stores like Michaels for about $20 dollars. You would literally pour the resin (after you had your desired water color)into a mold. Rinse and repeat.

The labor costs? I'm referring to clear casting resins. You can get giant containers of it at arts and crafts stores like Michaels for about $20 dollars. You would literally pour the resin (after you had your desired water color)into a mold. Rinse and repeat.

Yeah, but then it has a defect. And you throw it away. Rinse repeat. Now you did 5 castings and only 1 of them are good, it was a lot of time and material. You can say **** all you want but it's a fact. ECC, SS, PCS have all said that stuff like translucent resin, chroming, PVC, etc is more expensive. Jerry literally just said 20 minutes ago using translucent resin for the skin (which is more than the water, but still you get the idea) would add $400-500 to the cost. Translucent skin is a bit more work but really not that much. So yeah if you want to pay an extra $200 for that water go for it ask.

Yeah, but then it has a defect. And you throw it away. Rinse repeat. Now you did 5 castings and only 1 of them are good, it was a lot of time and material. You can say **** all you want but it's a fact. ECC, SS, PCS have all said that stuff like translucent resin, chroming, PVC, etc is more expensive. Jerry literally just said 20 minutes ago using translucent resin for the skin (which is more than the water, but still you get the idea) would add $400-500 to the cost. Translucent skin is a bit more work but really not that much. So yeah if you want to pay an extra $200 for that water go for it ask.

"But then it has a defect." What does that even mean? You can say all the **** you want but It's literally one of the easiest materials to use. You pour it into a mold and let it dry. Ask Jerry. :lol

If you want to chrome something, multiply that by 1000 :lol

Chrome is a whole different ball game.

"But then it has a defect." What does that even mean? You can say all the **** you want but It's literally one of the easiest materials to use. You pour it into a mold and let it dry. Ask Jerry. :lol

This is literally exactly what jerry said about it an hour ago. I even posted it above. FFS can't even read :|

""With a regular statue you are going to cover it with paint, so if there is an air bubble you just fill it and paint it.

With translucent resin you cant patch it as you will see the patching. Every casting has to come out perfect which means lots of castings get thrown in the garbage to get one perfect one."

Even casting normal resin isn't that easy you know :p Like do you not know anything about shrinkage, slush casting, sanding, curing,? You don't just pour **** and let it dry :|

This is literally exactly what jerry said about it an hour ago. I even posted it above. FFS can't even read :|

""With a regular statue you are going to cover it with paint, so if there is an air bubble you just fill it and paint it.

Even casting normal resin isn't that easy you know :p Like do you not know anything about shrinkage, slush casting, sanding, curing,? You don't just pour **** and let it dry :|

Somebody's butt hurt. It seems you're the one who's having trouble reading, as you've failed to comprehend a pretty basic concept. When you get air bubbles inside the clear resin, it tends to add to the realism if you're going for water effects. If there are bubbles on the outisde of the resin casting, a little bit of clear acrylic would "patch" over it just fine. Jerry saying that it would add half a grand to the price of each statue is bull ****.

Somebody's butt hurt. It seems you're the one who's having trouble reading, as you've failed to comprehend a pretty basic concept. When you get air bubbles inside the clear resin, it tends to add to the realism if you're going for water effects. If there are bubbles on the outisde of the resin casting, a little bit of clear acrylic would "patch" over it just fine. Jerry saying that it would add half a grand to the price of each statue is bull ****.

Lawlll ;p Says to ask Jerry. Doesn't like Jerry's answer cause it makes him wrong continues to make **** up :p There's a good reason why Prime 1 statues are lot more expensive. They're really nice but the price adds up.

What reason would I have to lie about clear resins? Lol Just a simple google search will tell you the costs and give you step by step on how to do it. I've helped one of my nephews do it for a school project. It's extremely simple and affordable.

Let's not forget, PCS has also stated that their factory has limits casting Rambo's hair so maybe there are issues all around they face due to some limitation, regardless of what facts you can find online.

I don't know ... but he does also say that he owns Blitzway's Rocky and that the facial sculpt is off on that and his is better.
....a single glance at both statues from any angle shows Blitzway's is better. Does anyone think otherwise?

I don't know ... but he does also say that he owns Blitzway's Rocky and that the facial sculpt is off on that and his is better.
....a single glance at both statues from any angle shows Blitzway's is better. Does anyone think otherwise?

Yeah I agree dude, blitzway set a new standard for Stallone sculpts in general. I don't know how anyone could say this looks better.

Same way countless digital artists say their CGI is so perfect you can't tell it's fake, then it's obviously fake. When you're close to something, it's hard to see the flaws.

The only way I think someone could feel Rocky 2 from Blitzway looks flawed is if they forget that Stallone's face looked a little fuller in Rocky 2, maybe they think it looks too pudgy but he was a little heftier, especially when wearing the outfit they gave him. Blitzway nailed the unique Rocky 2 look. PCS also shouldn't be touting the perfection of the sculpt over others when they missed something basic like the scar pattern on his chest.

How about this adjustment.

PCSR3.jpg

Back