Palpatine 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wasn't really thinking of not keeping it, Palpatine as 1:1 was a dream piece I never thought would be done so I'd keep it no matter, but I feared it might not live up to what I was expecting at first, but now I think I'll be able to make it be what I want.

Heh. Beaten to posting my own photos.

The Flickr set these are in is here. I'll be putting more photos there as I take them.

Here's one that shows a different lighting choice:

This pic is the best one for now IMO, I can deffinately see Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor in this pic from that angle and with that lighting...:emperor.

I can deffinately see Ian McDiarmid as the Emperor in this pic from that angle and with that lighting...:emperor.

One of the things I'm really impressed by (and which that photo reveals) is all the subtle shading in the skin tone. I had to take a picture that basically eliminated all the texture detail in the hood to show that aspect off, but I think it does come out. There's an almost reddish "blush" there that adds immensely to the realism of the piece, but is so subtle that you can completely wash it out trying to capture details in the cloak or clasp.

The overall design and flesh colors really show this is a hybrid of ROTS and Jedi. The shape of McDiarmid's face is defnitely more slim as it was in Jedi, but the more normal flesh coloration and all the small detailing of the deformation come from ROTS.

The overall design and flesh colors really show this is a hybrid of ROTS and Jedi. The shape of McDiarmid's face is defnitely more slim as it was in Jedi, but the more normal flesh coloration and all the small detailing of the deformation come from ROTS.

well said!!! i figured thats why they don't say what episode he's from. its just an iconic representation of the character.

~~~anyone know where i can pick up a yoda???

Agreed. I do find that if you light it like he was lit in ROTJ with tight spotlight just on the face, it looks *very* Jedi. If you go for a more even lighting, it looks very ROTS. So it's neat that you can get both looks so easily.

Well, even under similar lighting to Jedi, he never totally looked like it in ROTS because of his jawline and neck acutally aging and becoming fuller, he almost looked bloated at times. Jedi's a skinny young man turned old.

Two more pictures posted by Simmon over at SF. Looks great!:chew

DSC06553.jpg

DSC06515.jpg

Absolutely awesome, thanks for all the pics guys. Can't wait for mine to get here next week!:emperor

he did come out nicely. If I had space I'd get him. Will be an item to think about late

well said!!! i figured thats why they don't say what episode he's from. its just an iconic representation of the character.

~~~anyone know where i can pick up a yoda???

Well .... he's supposed to be from Jedi (watch the Backstage Pass), but the box write-up is very Prequal-centric. He looks much more like the ROTJ Emperor to me however, and that is how he will remain; or at least in my mind.

Unlimited Poooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooower! :emperor

:confused:

The bust looks really cool! Too bad I lack space for displaying it. This is especially because the single spot free in my room is for the upcoming eFX Stormie helmet (missed the LE MR one).

Back