Palpatine 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i will respectfully wait until MaulFan posts his pics.... they should give a good view of it for sure. however, i just ordered Yoda.

Thanks for the support, and I suggest people hold off on the cancel button until more pictures show and you can get a better sense of the piece. I was worried about the Yoda bust until I got mine. If you're not going to get charged before Tuesday, hold off, I'll have him then and I'll be sure to add "true" photos into the mix as well as my more artsy stuff.

MF4.jpg

I was VERY fortunate to acquire the Maul 1:1, he went up for sale just about the time I found Sideshow and I got myself on the Wait List and thankfully it converted. Still one of my most treasured pieces, nothing beats having a life-like replica of your favorite character.

Is that your repainted 1:6 Maul?

I was finally able to open mine, and here are my initial thoughts (pics will have to wait until I have some better lighting):

It is a very good sculpt, and while the head tilt isn't really my cup of tea it definately looks the part (though the box speaks nothing of Jedi, which if I remember correctly he was based off of --- not Sith).

The coloring is where this piece is a bit weak, he isn't as much pale as there are some yellow hues to him. Don't get me wrong, he isn't yellow; but a bit more yellow/pink than the films.

I wouldn't say it is the very best of the Star Wars busts, but certainly 3rd in my book; after Maul and Yoda.

:emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor:emperor

Alright, I managed a few decent ones:

SideshowPalpatine1.jpg

SideshowPalpatine3.jpg

SideshowPalpatine5.jpg

The last one is a bit of a rushed experiment:

SideshowPalpatine6.jpg

Thanks for the pictures Matt! *and from the rest of you as well :)*

I must say... sadly, I am not digging this bust. I thought I would but something seems off to me. It looks absolutely great in dim lighting but that's it. When I see it with the light on I want to run away or smack it.

The Maul bust has been my favorite of the line so far with Yoda following close behind. Anyways, enough of my mindless rambling. More pictures and reviews please. :D

When I see it with the light on I want to run away or smack it.

The Maul bust has been my favorite of the line so far with Yoda following close behind. Anyways, enough of my mindless rambling. More pictures and reviews please. :D

lol..... and i agree that Maul is freaking awesome... Yoda looks sweet too--i can't wait for him.

Will, bring the donuts to our next meeting. I have had the urge to splurge on polystone too much this week! :lol

The Maul 1:1 beats the PF in my opinion. So if you are looking to spend then go for the gold! :lol

Since I haven't bought anything in a long time I have to occupy my posts with pictures of old products I have. :lol If you don't like it, then sorry go eat a honey bun. :monkey5

Maul Bust!
ed940bf4.jpg

1acbdc09.jpg

3b3e8913.jpg

57036d2c.jpg

I love the skin detail on this bust, it's like looking into an orange peel. Makes me hungry and thirsty at the same time. :monkey5
a20eaaea.jpg

Was never a fan of the eyes though. He smokes too much weed... :lol
b568ad8d.jpg

From a distance they look better.
f6da7fa7.jpg

How 'bout a kiss Maul baby?:monkey5 :lol I never run from gingivitis...
c20532a4.jpg

A pic from when I still had Yoda. I sold him to get a hold of the 1:1 from GG. I don't regret it. I like battle mode Yoda more than the bust personally...plus the light up lightsaber makes my nipples hard. :lol
9cfef48f.jpg

Heh. Beaten to posting my own photos.

The Flickr set these are in is here. I'll be putting more photos there as I take them.

Here's one that shows a different lighting choice:

Back