Palpatine 1:1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that bust more than SS's. I wouldn't hesitate on pulling the trigger on that beauty. You never know how the SS production will turn out with people making .25/hour working on it :monkey1

I agree that you see more McDiarmid in that custom, but to me that's a bad thing because even in these new photos, the disfigurations seem too subtle and it almost looks like a generic, "old man" version of McDiarmid face, but not so much Emperor.

Well, I don't know how seeing more of the actual actor's likeness could be a "bad thing", but you're surely entitled to your opinion. The main problem I have with the Sideshow bust is that upon seeing the hi-res pics and the video clip I can hardly see McDiarmid in the sculpt at all. The SS piece definitely looks more evil, but I just don't see a lot of The Emperor from the actual films when I look at it.

Well, I don't know how seeing more of the actual actor's likeness could be a "bad thing", but you're surely entitled to your opinion. The main problem I have with the Sideshow bust is that upon seeing the hi-res pics and the video clip I can hardly see McDiarmid in the sculpt at all. The SS piece definitely looks more evil, but I just don't see a lot of The Emperor from the actual films when I look at it.

I'm not saying the likeness is a bad thing, what I'm saying is it almost looks like it's just McDiarmid, not McDiarmid as the Emperor. The features being as undefined as they appear on the custom bust takes away from the Emperor look to me.

I guess I'm unclear on the "undefined features" thing you keep referring to. The bust might not be a 100% accurate representation of McDiarmid's Emperor prosthetics, but as I said before I still feel it looks much more like the character than Sideshow's version.

emperorpalpatine18il2.jpg

palpatine4hw4.jpg

2955ru3.jpg

Both look good, I just think the custom looks better.

I'm always happy to exchange tips, tricks, and techniques. I know there are quite a number of Photoshop jockeys at various levels of experience on the board and I've been thinking of starting a Tutorials thread in the Art Show Forum. If there is enough interest to justify it, I might be persuaded to get it going.

I didn't mean to derail this thread, so this will be a discussion to be continued elsewhere!

Please do!!! I've always wanted to learn Photoshop but just never seemed to find the time. I have access to a copy at work, and would really like to enhance images and create my own sigs, etc. If you do start a Tutorial thread, I will be there! If you make it... they will come!!! :D

Well, like I said before, it's your money so spend it however you like.

I prefer Sideshow's, it's more defined on the prosthetics and the facial expression makes for a more interesting display piece.

Well, like I said before, it's your money so spend it however you like.

I prefer Sideshow's, it's more defined on the prosthetics and the facial expression makes for a more interesting display piece.

I guess that's why it's a good thing we all have different tastes. If I saw more of the actual Emperor likeness in Sideshow's bust I would choose it, but I just don't think it looks as much like the character as the custom and that's more important to me than the facial expression. Cheers.

Please do!!! I've always wanted to learn Photoshop but just never seemed to find the time. I have access to a copy at work, and would really like to enhance images and create my own sigs, etc. If you do start a Tutorial thread, I will be there! If you make it... they will come!!! :D

Like I said, I would consider it, but since you and MaulFan are the only two people to even acknowledge my post, I doubt that there is enough interest for a dedicated thread — at least not one pertaining to how I do things. :) Heck, even the person who requested the how-to hasn't commented on it. :lol

I think it would be cool to scare some ppl in my house with him, He looks very realistic... :)

June will he be out I think * checking SS homesite*.

Well, I know MaulFan doesn't like the custom bust I've been showing in this thread, but I just wanted to show one more picture of it in much better lighting(without the flash washing it out). The seller has reduced his price to $300 so I think it's now a no brainer that I have to jump on it and cancel my pre-order for the SS piece.

emperor7ts4.jpg

:cool:

Last edited:
Back