Pacquiao vs Mayweather: Who's to blame?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who's to blame?

• Mayweather

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Pacquiao

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Bob Arum

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Both Mayweather and Pacquiao

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters

pillpoppermd

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey boxing fans, just wanted to know amidst all the petty bickering...who jeopardized this fight from ever happening?

In my eyes it's Bob, he doesn't want to lose his cash cow Manny. Now that's not to say Manny isn't great because he is but styles make fights and his style is perfect for Mayweather. Mayweather loves to counter and he more punches you throw the more chance there is of that. Also Mayweather has the natural size advantage.

I put it down to Bob but I'm sure there's more then just him to blame, one example being all these drug tests

In my eyes it's Bob, he doesn't want to lose his cash cow Manny. Now that's not to say Manny isn't great because he is but styles make fights and his style is perfect for Mayweather. Mayweather loves to counter and he more punches you throw the more chance there is of that. Also Mayweather has the natural size advantage.

I put it down to Bob but I'm sure there's more then just him to blame, one example being all these drug tests

cash cow - to some extent. there's really nobody in top rank who can draw as much money as pac.

drug tests - i thought pac already agreed to all the random blood and urine testing mayweather demanded.

The last huge boxing matchup.

If it were ever to happen, it will shatter all records. It will be the biggest, richest, most important fight of our time to finally settle the score of whose the best. Once these guys retire, boxing will be no more.

Tough to call really. At first I would have said pac not taking the test.
Saying taking blood so close to the fight would significantly weaken him... all mayweathers opponents have agreed so far....
Then Mayweather seemed to be dodging him but when he finally calls him out, he wont agree to a 50 50 split as he generates more ppv.
Bob arum is really making life difficult tho. If goldenboy promotions was doing the fight, it would be happening this year.
Manny needs to put his foot down with Arum and get this signed.
Cant remember what chat show I watched but with all the arguments over ppv figures.... why dont they do a winner takes all?
That would be awesome

All fingers point to Bob Arum.

i thought bob didn't have anything to do with the recent negotiations. i read somewhere where he said a 45-45 split can be made with the 10% going to the winner of the fight. meaning if mayweather wins then he gets more than what he actually proposed

i thought bob didn't have anything to do with the recent negotiations. i read somewhere where he said a 45-45 split can be made with the 10% going to the winner of the fight. meaning if mayweather wins then he gets more than what he actually proposed

That doesn't sound like a bad deal if you're asking me. But honestly, I haven't heard that before until right now. Where did you get this information from?

That doesn't sound like a bad deal if you're asking me. But honestly, I haven't heard that before until right now. Where did you get this information from?

Cant say I heard of it either. Thought Mayweather was pushing for 60/40??

Good idea tho

I would put most the blame on Mayweather. I can Understand not wanting a blood test day of or days before a fight especially I'd you don't like needles. Saying others did it is pointless IMO they all need Mayweather for a payday. Mayweather thinks he should earn more money only because his EGO can't take a split. I have also heard a lot have said Mayweather is also trying to stick it to Bob.

I can't put all the blame on him though, if Manny really wanted the fight he would accept any terms but I also can understand him not wanting to give Maywetaher everything he wants.

I think we will get the fight at some point but it will a really crappy fight as both will way past their prime.

Found it mate. You can also see this article in many reliable boxing sites. I know ive read this article in eastsideboxing.com and im pretty sure ive come across a video of bob arum talking about this but cant find it anymore.

https://sports.inquirer.net/43707/arum-goes-with-45-45-split-for-manny-floyd-fight

I would put most the blame on Mayweather. I can Understand not wanting a blood test day of or days before a fight especially I'd you don't like needles. Saying others did it is pointless IMO they all need Mayweather for a payday. Mayweather thinks he should earn more money only because his EGO can't take a split. I have also heard a lot have said Mayweather is also trying to stick it to Bob.

I can't put all the blame on him though, if Manny really wanted the fight he would accept any terms but I also can understand him not wanting to give Maywetaher everything he wants.

I think we will get the fight at some point but it will a really crappy fight as both will way past their prime.

I'm hoping that when "Money" is done with his jail sentence, and "Pacman" wins this fight against Bradley. That we'll get this fight. I do understand why Mayweather would want most of the PPV dollars, considering that he has the two largest (non heavy weight) PPV ever. While none of Manny's fights are even in the top 10 for PPV. I will say that 45-45 split with the other 10 going to the winner sound really good.

Plus there's really no one else they can run to, to get away from this fight.

[/B]

I'm hoping that when "Money" is done with his jail sentence, and "Pacman" wins this fight against Bradley. That we'll get this fight. I do understand why Mayweather would want most of the PPV dollars, considering that he has the two largest (non heavy weight) PPV ever. While none of Manny's fights are even in the top 10 for PPV. I will say that 45-45 split with the other 10 going to the winner sound really good.

Plus there's really no one else they can run to, to get away from this fight.
Easy to get more money when you are the promoter. All though I always thought was kinda a conflict of interest.

Back