Pacquiao vs Mayweather: Who's to blame?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who's to blame?

• Mayweather

Votes: 17 45.9%
  • Pacquiao

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Bob Arum

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Both Mayweather and Pacquiao

Votes: 9 24.3%

• Total voters
so mayweather goes to jail,
pacquiao wins over bradley,
after 3 months mayweather gets out of jail,
pacquaio already agrees to the olympic style random blood and urine test,
a 45-45 split is being offered with the 10% going to the winner by bob arum,
and if mayweather still makes up some lame excuses.....

the question is can we finally say that hes the one ducking manny or are there still more things to consider in the plate?

i thought bob didn't have anything to do with the recent negotiations. i read somewhere where he said a 45-45 split can be made with the 10% going to the winner of the fight. meaning if mayweather wins then he gets more than what he actually proposed

Mayweather Offer Manny 50/50 on tickets buy and Manny will not getting any $$$ for PPV and other things

I think both are scared to lose to the other, and end up being #2. That's like career suicide for those 2. Them never fighting makes it an eternal debate, but neither gets that mark on their records. This way they can both say "I'm #1", and there's really no one to challenge it. Hate all the excuses we're getting now? Imagine if one of them had a loss to the other to make excuses for. I really would rather they didn't meet for that fact alone.

...who said Pac would win over Bradley....?:monkey3

If he loses, then Mayweather would def. fight Pac. without the BS riders, and subject too's:wink1:

Fears...:rotfl

Don't think either one of them fear one another.

Im on board with this, however if i may say so I think mayweather has a lot more to loose than pacquiao.

Suddenly the 43 that tried and failed doesnt matter anymore. Suddenly the only thing that matters is his perfect record of 0. Whoever remembers vice presidents, whoever remembers who won silver or bronze in the olympics, whoever remembers if you were just nominated for a grammy or oscars. In this world people remembers presidents, people remember who won golds in the olympics, people remember who won oscars and grammys, the world remembers people who have achieved greatness through unprecedented feats.

If he keeps the streak he will be immortalized. If he risks losing to pacquiao he will be just another boxer. And i dont think a person as egomaniac as mayweather will let himself be humiliated and be humbled by such a defeat.

...who said Pac would win over Bradley....?:monkey3

If he loses, then Mayweather would def. fight Pac. without the BS riders, and subject too's:wink1:

I think he'd definitely fight him anyway after watching pac struggle to contain Marquez on more than one occasion!
He certainly has piped up after they fought.

Im on board with this, however if i may say so I think mayweather has a lot more to loose than pacquiao.

Suddenly the 43 that tried and failed doesnt matter anymore. Suddenly the only thing that matters is his perfect record of 0. Whoever remembers vice presidents, whoever remembers who won silver or bronze in the olympics, whoever remembers if you were just nominated for a grammy or oscars. In this world people remembers presidents, people remember who won golds in the olympics, people remember who won oscars and grammys, the world remembers people who have achieved greatness through unprecedented feats.

If he keeps the streak he will be immortalized. If he risks losing to pacquiao he will be just another boxer. And i dont think a person as egomaniac as mayweather will let himself be humiliated and be humbled by such a defeat.

Although I don't think Manny would win. I do agree with all of your statement, regarding Mayweather. His record is so much apart of his identity, persona, that I would have to think it would really do something to him mentally "if" he lost to Manny. One things for sure. If he lost to Manny, you could be sure that we'd get another fight. Now if he wins...don't think we'll see another fight between the two.

sometimes mayweather says the drug testing thats getting in the way. sometimes he says arum is getting in the way. sometimes its how the purse should be split. and at times its the PPV shares. can someone elaborate on these PPV matters. like how do they split up the total PPV revenues and why its important to him (mayweather)?

This just in from ESPN

On what is keeping him and Floyd Mayweather Jr. from facing each together, whether the fight will happen and how important it is to be considered one of the best ever when his career is over:
The only thing preventing a fight between Floyd Mayweather and me is Floyd Mayweather. He no longer wants to split the pay-per-view revenue with me equally, something he agreed to in our first negotiation. Will the fight ever happen? It's up to Floyd. I hope it does. I'm a competitor and I enjoy a challenge. I know the fans want to see us fight. I think it would be good for boxing. As long as I continue fighting, I will remain hopeful that the fight will take place.

It's a shame that it seems nigh impossible to get this Paquiao vs Mayweather thing sorted out. They're the most prolific fighters of their generation; this match up needs to happen, though I do feel that the decision in Paquiaos last fight with Marquez was a robbery.

now this fight is never gonna happen. this will be a legit mayweather excuse to not fight pacquiao all the more after tonights mockery. what a shame to the sport

PAC lost, PBF doesn't share fight pay equally with losers. Not saying that right but we all kinda know how Floyd thinks.

I saw in one of the articles that Flod Mayweather Sr. also thinks Manny wom the fight. For him to say that, it really means Pacquiao got robbed last night.

I hope Mayweather sees this loss of Pacman as an opportunity to pounce on Pacman. After the required rematch on Nov. 10 of Bradley-Pacquiao, it's "now or never" for a Mayweather-Pacquiao fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back