Statue Pacific Rim - Gipsy Danger Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also decided to pass on Gypsy D, they really dropped the ball on that one :(

what's with sideshow and awkward poses? this is not the first time. optimus prime is like that, also jack sparrow pf, indiana jones, ditto many of their women from comics. should learn a thing or two from kotobukiya when it comes to dynamic cool poses.

it's funny in the promo pics they tilted the camera angles so the piece looks like it's standing straight, and not about to fall backward. but of course you still have to show the full shot so you just cant hide it.

what's with sideshow and awkward poses? this is not the first time. optimus prime is like that, also jack sparrow pf, indiana jones, ditto many of their women from comics. should learn a thing or two from kotobukiya when it comes to dynamic cool poses.

it's funny in the promo pics they tilted the camera angles so the piece looks like it's standing straight, and not about to fall backward. but of course you still have to show the full shot so you just cant hide it.

Your 100% right about learning something from kotobukiya. It seems as if sideshow has forgotten that a license isn't enough to make you want to plop down 400 bucks on a sub par statue. They did the same thing with the predator scar statue. Prices have gone up but QUALITY has steadily fallen. I was talking to my buddy about the 32" Megatron statue that was shown by sideshow at Sdcc. He thought is was sideshow and I had to inform him it was prime 1 studios. Sideshow does make some amazing statues but it seems that NO ONE in the R and D department had the Ball* to stand up and say....UM THIS SUCKS LOL.

I finally saw the movie Thursday night and I loved it! I rushed home to buy GD but when looking at it, I was like hmmm, kinda small for JAEGER, I don't remember that pose, why the hell isn't the chest reactor painted orange or glowing, kind of a goofy pose. Then after reading some comments I realized, yall are right, where is the plasma cannon or sword! Very disappointed, might still get it, but still, very disappointed.

I finally saw the movie Thursday night and I loved it! I rushed home to buy GD but when looking at it, I was like hmmm, kinda small for JAEGER, I don't remember that pose, why the hell isn't the chest reactor painted orange or glowing, kind of a goofy pose. Then after reading some comments I realized, yall are right, where is the plasma cannon or sword! Very disappointed, might still get it, but still, very disappointed.

Like I said LOVE THE MOVIE but the statue is a disappointment. I'm going with the Neca GD and save myself 320.00 Even If I get it repainted at least I can pose it, has a light up feature, and comes with swords. Also knowing that neca is making a 18" Knifehead sealed the deal.:hi5:

After looking at the GD and KH more more and more it almost as if GD's is more a defensive pose than offensive. Almost as though he's bracing himself for an attack or he's recovering from a punch. I would like to see both of them together facing each other. That may help with why SS chose to pose GD the way they did.

Here's is an in scale representation I did in Photoshop of them almost facing each other:

2nd pic shows KH is taller if both statue's feet where level (KH feet are submerged in the sea):

I finally saw it yesterday and thought it was pretty fun. I think I'd like to get this statue. I guess there's a lot of disappointment over it and I wish there were some light up features but the pose doesn't really bother me. I don't really expect to see a ton of pieces from this movie so I'll probably take what I can get.

I swear it still looks like he should be carrying a two-by-four, that would make a good EX though:p

Would you have preferred this pose?

f534a3f359781929e6ba159f4bcc22d4.jpg

;)

Here's is an in scale representation I did in Photoshop of them almost facing each other:

2nd pic shows KH is taller if both statue's feet where level (KH feet are submerged in the sea):

Thanks scalemonster for the pics. Yeah the pose is still awkward even with KH next to it. Still not sure what SS was trying to convey with GD's pose.

;)

Dr. Lexux ....This is how the pose should have been! Where is this from? Is this the 1/4 scale Neca figure?

Neca have a 1/4 scale figure, must be pretty big:p

No, that's one of the Gypsy Danger maquettes from Spectral Motion, it was used for film production though, so not something that one can buy. It's neat though.

Crimson Typhoon:

796e03c76db893013ad35f42743cc9cb.jpg

Last edited:
Neca have a 1/4 scale figure, must be pretty big:p

No, that's one of the Gypsy Danger maquettes from Spectral Motion, it was used for film production though, so not something that one can buy. It's neat though.

Crimson Typhoon:

796e03c76db893013ad35f42743cc9cb.jpg

too bad we couldn't get SS to do that. That would've been epic!!!

1/4 scale would be huge-I just realized my mistake once I read your post. :slap

;)

This pic really show's how much of a miss this was for SS. I was debating on whether or not to get GD because I loved the movie, but after seeing this I cannot help but think about what could've been. :gah:

Back