Statue Pacific Rim - Gipsy Danger Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here, I did it. These are what I thought was incessant bemoaning. Not moaning as you misquoted me.

My work is done here...

I didn't even realize it WAS you! :rotfl

Good price?! :rotfl
It's 20" tall with a huge base. The pictures are so dark it's hard to see any detail.

It's a bloody joke! The es is taking longer and longer to be revealed.
When did MOS go up?

No Ex suits me, U.K collector; but I can't see them doing it as standard. They would lose a huge amount of direct sales.
Lack if Es sucks!

Your sig...

Now that's a pose I like! :wink1:

This looks like your dad at a disco. :dunno

$400 for a 16" fully sculpted statue, with minimum detail, on a 4" rocky base reasonable?! :slap

And pretty small for a 'big robot' :exactly:

And that exactly what I was doing until these two jerks calked me out :wave

I positively hate the negativity in this thread.

But I do love Pacific Rim! :lecture

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm torn on this piece. I absolutely loved the fight scenes in Pacific Rim and loved the jaegers even more. Gipsy has some serious weapons which, to me, seem like an obvious choice to include on a very detailed (and pricey) statue. I'm not sure if I want to drop $400 on a product with such an awkward pose (a pose that I hope to overlook).

And I agree with the light up feature. It would be great to see the reactor glow IMHO.

I'm torn on this piece. I absolutely loved the fight scenes in Pacific Rim and loved the jaegers even more. Gipsy has some serious weapons which, to me, seem like an obvious choice to include on a very detailed (and pricey) statue. I'm not sure if I want to drop $400 on a product with such an awkward pose (a pose that I hope to overlook).

And I agree with the light up feature. It would be great to see the reactor glow IMHO.

:goodpost: I agree. Missed opportunity. Should have had the plasma caster at the very least.

:goodpost: I agree. Missed opportunity. Should have had the plasma caster at the very least.

That would have been great! Especially if it lit up. I don't want to **spoil** anything but when gipsy used the plasma caster on you know who I was literally cheering lol.

Please tell me that Hot Toys is doing an articulated light up version of this bad boy!!

as awesome as that would be, no, hot toys will not be doing this line, they have never made a figure outside of 1/6 and I doubt they would launch such a line with Pacific Rim, a movie that's barely staying alive at the box office. But Neca is doing an 18" scale version which looks awesome and only cost about 90$, but yea, a 12" high end version would be ideal for me.

I positively hate the negativity in this thread.

But I do love Pacific Rim! :lecture

Still hasn't come to my town. Really want to see this. I like the look of this piece but I was hoping for a lower price. Even $350 would have been decent. $300 and it would have been ordered but I guess with licensing fees that wasn't going to happen.

Yeah the NECA 18 inch is probably the way to go. Somehow taller than this statue and yet it is poseable and a fourth the price.

People have valid reasons to be disappointed with this statue and they're completely free to discuss/share them. :dunno

It's a shame some people truly believe Sideshow can do no wrong and praise every "collectible" they make.

While the paint and sculpt detail looks great, the pose + price makes little to no sense and is pretty much a deal breaker for me. I just...can't fathom what they were thinking when they came up with that pose. It's neither artistic or "badass". Just looks awkward and embarrassing.

Like others have said, I think the Striker Eureka statue looks 100x better simply because it's pose is logical. The detailing on both statues is of equal quality though.

I'm probably going to pass on this line and just stick with the NECA 18" figures depending on how they turn out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back