Statue Pacific Rim - Gipsy Danger Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They had this out at my LCS today and thought I would snap a photo with my phone. It's a cool piece but definitely not worth was SS was asking for it. For me, it was lacking presence. Didn't create the vibe of some epic monster robot clash about to go down. Instead it looked for sad and dull. What was shocking was that the plate behind is neck had incredibly sloppy lines. I mean they were straight crooked and wobbly and curved. I was surprised SS let that show up that way.

I actually really like the pose and sculpt of this statue and might re-order it at some point because I ran for the hills when my Slattern turned up. Rushed paint is the biggest issue for the Pacific Rim line (with the exception of Knifehead).

ok guys, I talked a lot of trash about this piece... last night I pulled the pin and bought this off of ebay for 320.00 shipped, was this a good deal?

SS just had it on sale for 20% off. Which would b 320 plus shipping and you get reward points.

They had this out at my LCS today and thought I would snap a photo with my phone. It's a cool piece but definitely not worth was SS was asking for it. For me, it was lacking presence. Didn't create the vibe of some epic monster robot clash about to go down. Instead it looked for sad and dull. What was shocking was that the plate behind is neck had incredibly sloppy lines. I mean they were straight crooked and wobbly and curved. I was surprised SS let that show up that way.

Which comic shop is that?

Just received my Gypsy Danger today, I really slammed this piece in previous post but I have to say it's a beautiful piece in person. IMAG0015.jpg

Congrats Denny. Sometimes seeing a piece And having it displayed in your collection makes all the difference. I was at a heroes and fantasies in San Antonio TX. They maintain a large statue display and always have the newest ss items. They actually price em higher than buying direct through ss. I wouldn't think they sell but everytime I go they got new stuff and the old pieces are gone

Thanks brother, I also swung by best buy today and picked up a copy of Pacific Rim...watching as we speak.. epic combination

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

I'm really thinking about Stryker , I'm minutes before pulling the pin.

Sent from my HTC One X+ using Tapatalk

If you do get him make sure to drop a pic of them together. Would love seeing the combo

Just pulled the pin on Eureka, cancelled my Godzilla ate the NRD :mad: but saved hundreds :yess: got Eureka from BBTS 410 shipped.
Cool man. Watching the movie probably put you over the edge. I think Eureka will b a very nice piece. Godzilla is cool but something about his pose strikes me funny

Back