Statue Pacific Rim - Gipsy Danger Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gipsy arrived today in perfect condition! She looks awesome next to Knifehead :) They look really nice with the matching bases.

I was pleased to see that the pin-up decal on the right chest is there on my copy. It's great to see that they put in the light up chest turbine, it really does look awesome. I think the sculpt is great, and the paint looks good on mine. A metallic dry brush would have made the joints pop a little more. There is some minor weathering and panel line work on the blue armor parts, but overall I think it could have used some more....I'll probably be adding some :)

Cell phone pics:

20150121_190319.jpg
20150121_190447.jpg
20150121_191103.jpg
MOAR lens flair!! lol
20150121_190800.jpg

Yeah no weathering at all, the proto had it all on every edge of paneling, this one has none at all.

Paints look clean at least but yeah where the hell are the details! Ton of decals/paint apps missing.

400191-gipsy-danger-pacific-rim-010.jpg

dOR4nfO.jpg

Still want to pick up this and Striker but i'm gonna wait it out like i did with Slattern as i have a feeling this will be severely discounted at some point.

Yeah no weathering at all, the proto had it all on every edge of paneling, this one has none at all.

Paints look clean at least but yeah where the hell are the details! Ton of decals/paint apps missing.

Yeah, the weathering is very weak. Looks like I'll be getting out the paint brushes...

Still want to pick up this and Striker but i'm gonna wait it out like i did with Slattern as i have a feeling this will be severely discounted at some point.

I picked up Gipsy and Knifehead set on the 20% off deal with free shipping on both. I might pick up Striker depending how deep the discounts go, I just don't have much interest in Slattern.

Well I just opened this up and it was damaged in 2 places. Shoulder blade broke off and hip piece was cracked in two. So pissed off by this. Not sure how the whole replacement process works with sideshow but I'm hoping they will replace it.

Good post. Didn't take me long to see all the missing decals. Guess it helped that I'm also quite familiar with SSC's proto as I used it along with some movie stills as reference when I added details on my 18" NECA Gipsy.

400191-gipsy-danger-pacific-rim-010.jpg

dOR4nfO.jpg

These pictures right here are why Sideshow is seeing less and less of my money. Currently have nothing on pre-order with them.

Not paying premium prices for less than premium product - don't make a prototype your factories can't even come close to matching. I'd buy this at 25% off and free shipping, nothing more.

These pictures right here are why Sideshow is seeing less and less of my money. Currently have nothing on pre-order with them.

Not paying premium prices for less than premium product - don't make a prototype your factories can't even come close to matching. I'd buy this at 25% off and free shipping, nothing more.

Well said my friend

This is very disappointing... At first I thought it was a NECA figure.
Not only it's missing paint details and decals, but the sharpness of the panel edges, especially at the abdomen area....Oh my...
Looks plastic-ish and cheap.
My last Sideshow order was the Big Chap bust, which had to be exchanged due to many defects. Think at this point I'm going to stay away from sideshow.
Better getting one statue a year which looks like something, than 2-3 which most likely will look like crap.

I didn't order this because of the pose but I will say flash pics don't do anything justice.

I picked this up at 20% off and free shipping. Even with that I still expected more from this piece. It's OK but had I paid full price it would have been returned.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI received mine a few weeks ago. After waiting more than a year I was very excited to finally get this in my hands. My excitement disappeared quickly when I noticed how much detail was missing compared to the photos on Sideshow's site. This was my first ever statue from any company and it was a very disappointing experience to say the least. I ended up returning mine to sideshow and I do give them credit for fully refunding the purchase price plus shipping. They didn't complain a bit which is why I will continue to buy items from Sideshow in the future. I'm sure on some level they agree with my concerns and hopefully will adjust their marketing strategies in the future. Overall though I don't think this is a bad piece but I wouldn't be comfortable paying more than $200 for it as is. If you are a good artist I think you could add the detail that is missing and have an awesome statue.

If you are reading this Sideshow there is no harm in using accurate pictures of your items on your website. The details of the finished product may turn away some buyers but I think accurate representation is important with any luxury product. There is a certain level of trust a consumer gives a company when preordering a product and being surprised when the product is finally received and doesn't look like what is pictured is a big problem.

I took some pictures of my statue before I returned it which are attached. My camera makes the blue color of this statue look much richer than it does in person.

Yeah really dissapointed . I am usually not quite nitpicky person but this is just ridiculous, I am ok with missing details on some part but its missing on whole thing. Its like just 70% done and they are shipped it, with white dots splatters everywhere which shouldnt there

Just look at this proto for comparison, so glorious

IMG_5091_zps8874fdd3.jpg~original

IMG_7198_zps89e9a282.jpg~original

IMG_7237_zpsa05cda12.jpg~original

IMG_7206_zpsf5aabbbd.jpg~original

The neca figure looks better than this POS. I wouldn't even pick it up to attempt a repaint as that pose is just ridiculous.

no light for Striker Eureka

I like how striker looks! I have striker on flex play, think you could take some more pics of him so i can make up my mind if i should keep him? In you opinion is he better than gipsy?

Back