Statue Pacific Rim - Gipsy Danger Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to see better pics - initial ones look good. I have Knifehead and Slattern but canceled Gipsy and Striker; would consider re-ordering and not selling off the other two if they turn out great.

Here goes another pic. Not mine though image.jpg

Could be the foto. Need a better pic, under natural light to capture it. The foto above does seem flat and dull

I just canceled my order... for 1 the pose is ?, the flat blue paint and the flat gray paint(the gray should have been a metallic silver)...seems they could have made the mechanics and piping more metallic...im looking at Tychus Finlay and his suit looked like they took time to differentiate the suits paint texture and the silver mechanics...also I looked a Optimus Prime which by the way is "true" attention to detail and this guy looks lazily(understatement) painted...Gypsy Danger could have been so much more it, left a lot to be desired. Hopefully some else will get the license for it and give it the attention that it truly deserves.

I'll reserve judgement until I have it in hand. The person who posted the picture on the statue forum loves it, there are however a few people commenting on it negatively who haven't even seen it in person yet. It does look like some of the details were left out on the one posted over on the statue forum, namely a couple of small symbols/decals, one of them that's pretty prominent is the pin-up on the right chest which was on the prototype :( But looking at the pictures posted above the pin-up is there! So maybe the other person got a bad one. I will be sure to check mine tomorrow.

Hey they lit the chest turbine which wasn't pictured in the prototype, or even listed as a feature...which is a huge positive to me.

I've seen the Gypsy Danger Neca...in the pictures alone(Neca) you can see the color of the pistons are true attention to detail, the blue plastic paint texture in the Neca looks identical to the SS GD. Actually you don't need to see it in person to make the distinction.

I've seen the Gypsy Danger Neca...in the pictures alone(Neca) you can see the color of the pistons are true attention to detail, the blue plastic paint texture in the Neca looks identical to the SS GD. Actually you don't need to see it in person to make the distinction.

So you forfeited your NRD?

I got an email today saying I could expedite my order so I took advantage of that. I will reserve judgement until it arrives.

That's fine. I would point out however that the pistons you speak of are actually painted the same on the final piece as they were depicted on the prototype pictures on Sideshows site. That means that you pre-ordered the piece with that understanding. Did you expect that the level of detail would improve??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLLOhvAXDMU

Actually no the pistons are different colors. Hopefully the video helps you out..upon seeing the piece that was shipped I made my decision. Since sometimes what's shown on SS can be different. Enjoy your piece I'm sure it's worth your $400.00

Why am I watching a video review of the Neca action figure? My point was that the STATUE shipped by SIDESHOW has the same color pistons as the STATUE prototype pictures on the SIDESHOW website.

I'm not arguing that the actual Gipsy Danger from the movie didn't have pistons that are represented more correctly on the Neca figure.

My point is that you preordered the statue based on the prototype pictures which have the same paint colors as the final piece. Why would you do that if you didn't like the <inaccurate> colors in the first place?

A lot of things could change between the picture on the website until the time it ships... So based on that it was worth the pre-order

Wasn't this delayed? You could likely have gotten your NRD back if so.

Good point. In fact I did get an email from Sideshow offering a full refund shortly after Gipsy was originally scheduled to ship.

Wasn't this delayed? You could likely have gotten your NRD back if so.

Just got off the phone with SS they weren't able to give me a (NRD) cash refund because I canceled a few days ago, but as a one time courtesy she was able to apply that to my Optimus Prime 1 statue..

Thanks for the info brother

Back