OSCARS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/og3tN7P6oKI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/og3tN7P6oKI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
"Not many girls can climb the pole.":lol:lol:lol
What could have been. That said, Penn was damn good in Milk.

:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock EPIC !!!!! MUCH better than Penns speech

Yeah, here's a question, are these movies nominated for best picture even nearly as good as The Dark Knight if the snobbish Academy voters did not deem it as a comic book movie?

The term Academy presupposes knowledge but it seems that its members do not possess it, still relying on the antiquated belief that depressing little films like the reader etc. will prevent turning the Oscars into a joke. Who cares about these movies, nobody watches them, how can they be best pictures when only academy jurors watched them?

I would say, yeah, they probably were better on a different level. But anyway its all subjective to taste and academy members usually have very different tastes from the average person going to watch a superhero movie.

The dude could function and hold a conversation with his daughter. To me that is not full retard.

Well Kirk Lazaurs would disagree. :D

Kirk Lazarus: Everybody knows you never go full retard.
Tugg Speedman: What do you mean?
Kirk Lazarus: Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

Well Kirk Lazaurs would disagree. :D

Kirk Lazarus: Everybody knows you never go full retard.
Tugg Speedman: What do you mean?
Kirk Lazarus: Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

I still don't consider that full retard. I put his character in I am Sam more in the infantile category. He certainly wasn't Simple Jack retarded.

I still don't consider that full retard. I put his character in I am Sam more in the infantile category. He certainly wasn't Simple Jack retarded.

Simple Jack was in a category all his own. That went above and beyond. :lol :lol

No great loss for Mr. Downey, he'll get one soon. He is one of the most talented actors around...He can do this acting sthick in his sleep unlike one dimensional Penn who has only one acting range, over.

Heath had to die for a comic book movie to get its foot in the door of the Academies "Acting categories".
That wont happen again.

Lovin' the fact that Heath actually got it, and his family received it. That was my hope. Made me cry despite knowing it was inevitable. Great show compared to year's past.

Which is more of a stretch? - Sean Penn (who is married to Princess Buttercup) playing a gay politician from the '70s or Mickey Rourke playing a lonely, broken down guy who's hooked on drugs? I thought Rourke did a good job in the Wrestler, but he was essentially playing himself. The greater acting job was Penn.

Which is more of a stretch? - Sean Penn (who is married to Princess Buttercup) playing a gay politician from the '70s or Mickey Rourke playing a lonely, broken down guy who's hooked on drugs? I thought Rourke did a good job in the Wrestler, but he was essentially playing himself. The greater acting job was Penn.

Langella was better than both of them IMO.

I think that is why Rourke didn't win.....because he was playing himself.

Back