OSCARS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, Mickey himself said he burned a lot of bridges he shouldn't have.

And he said in the same interview that he actually wanted Penn to win because he credits him for helping to get his life in order and for being such a good friend throughout the years.

Didn't matter to me whether Rourke or Penn won....dislike them both. But in my office Oscar pool, picked Penn. and Winslet and Slumdog and Ledger and Cruz.
Got me a coupla dollars :D

I've always been a big Penn fan and as for Rourke you need to understand the Academy. They reward actors for "playing the game" if you follow me. Mickey Rourke doesn't look like the kind of guy that "plays the game"

Yeah I realize like everything else it's political. Hey Roy , did you see THE WRESTLER bro? Fantastic movie. I think once you see it you will understand why I think ROURKE should have won BEST ACTOR.

Yeah I realize like everything else it's political. Hey Roy , did you see THE WRESTLER bro? Fantastic movie. I think once you see it you will understand why I think ROURKE should have won BEST ACTOR.

Bro i'm DYING to see it but by the time I decided to check it out it left almost all theatres in town and of course is not out on DVD yet. I've always found Rourke a cool cat man. I have to wait for the DVD release now, I KNOW I will love this film.

I've always told people I know that my favorite type of film is one with great "emotion" This film looks to be filled with it.

Can't wait.

I wanted to see Rourke win primarily so I could hear another of his classic acceptance speeches.

Bro i'm DYING to see it but by the time I decided to check it out it left almost all theatres in town and of course is not out on DVD yet. I've always found Rourke a cool cat man. I have to wait for the DVD release now, I KNOW I will love this film.

I've always told people I know that my favorite type of film is one with great "emotion" This film looks to be filled with it.

Can't wait.

You will really enjoy it man. I can confidently guarantee that. :D

Very good show this year. Jackman worked his butt off and all the musical numbers were really good. They were obviously going for "classy" this year and I think they achieved it well.

The 5 presenters for the acting awards I thought was horrible at first -the supporting actresses just didn't pull it off, they seemed to be just reciting what was written. But from Cuba Gooding on, I warmed to it and many of them seemed very personal and heartfelt - especially Shirley Maclaine to Anne Hathaway.

The structure of the show, going from pre-production through post -production and presenting the awards in that order was kind of cool. Although Will Smith must have been a bit embarrassed with his "I love action movies" and the one film nominated in that category that wasn't action - won.

I do think that the Academy is getting a bit further apart from audiences though. The support for Milk and Benjamin Button rings kind of wrong. However I agree with most of Slumdog's wins, you have to love Boyle.

I missed Peter Gabriel, but Legend did a good job and they a decent job of making it into a medley. The winning song even sounded kind of like a Gabriel song.

Overall a great show - and they'd be smart to bring Jackman back. He's a refreshing change from the irony that the comedians bring to the event.

I like Jackman, but it was as if I was watching the Tonys...which I have no problem with. Just a little different this year. I don't know about the little monologue about the actors that were nominated for the award....and people wonder why those people have self-inflation egos.

I will agree that Rourke was robbed and I hate Sean Penn like the plague

I think Jackman did a good job hosting this year. It didn't hurt that Ricky Gervais wrote some of his material.

Overall, Meh.

The five past winners arguing the case for each nominee was like some weird courtroom scene. But it does the job and I think the audience could get used to it. I did like it better than the clips. I hate the clips.

My girlfriend said the same thing about it feeling like the Tony's.

Really glad Sean Penn won. I get that he's easy to dislike but Spicoli is the man!

I think the word would be classy.

And the most glaring thing was that at no time did the host (Hugh) mention the dragging time or take shots at any of the people assembled/moments that just happened (as Bill Maher unfortunately did which is suggestive of a comedien's mentality and maybe why they don't always make for the most positive of hosts).

I enjoyed the show and while the five Best Picture nominees really didn't say anything to me (I think the Academy is really losing touch with the same old shows year in and year out) I couldn't really argue against any of the winners. I knew Penn was going to win but I hoped for Rourke.

Back