OSCARS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh, STOP IT !!!!

Hugh-Jackman_l.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I forgot about McGoohan! :(

They always applaud during them.

Yes, but they aren't supposed to. They've even been asked in the past to hold their applause till the end. Of course just like at school functions, there's always some that do it anyway even when asked.

Yes, but they aren't supposed to. They've even been asked in the past to hold their applause till the end. Of course just like at school functions, there's always some that do it anyway even when asked.

I'm sure a lot of people will be applauding when I die. :(

One of my favorite things about the night was hearing Beck cover Dylan's "Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat" over the credits. Just didn't see that coming...

Heston got zero applause. That was classless.

Newman should have got his own segment. That was a huge loss.

Yes I noticed that too. The PC brigade were in full force on Oscar night. But what do expect when the Dark Knight doesn't even get a nomination for best movie and Nolan gets ignored too. I'm not saying he should have won, but he should have at least got a nom. It makes me laugh that the academy wonders why ratings are down.

At the BAFTA's they never applaud until the end (or if they do applaud in the theatre the broadcast rightly mutes the mics), but at the oscars they always applaud during it.. which is REALLY awkward, and i feel REALLY bad for the families of some sound technician or director nobody knows who gets 2 solitary claps, while the next guy who happens to be popular gets a rapturous theatre filling ovation

it's just wrong. People should NOT clap during the memoriam slidshow, instead giving all their applause at the end, for EVERYONE who died collectively.

<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/JW5XT9cNgZk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/JW5XT9cNgZk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>
People who were shamefully left out
Don LaFontaine
Patrick Mcgoohan
Eartha Kitt
George Carlin (Yes, he is a stand up, but he was in Bill and Ted and so he should have been included, Bernie Mac was in it)

Eartha Kitt's publicist is making a stink about it too. That is a pretty glaring oversight. LaFontaine too though.

I thought having Queen Latifah sing during the memoriam montage was awful. It seemed like people were afraid to applaud during it.

And why was Don LaFontaine left out?

https://www.cinematical.com/

I think they propably wanted to use Jennifer Hudson for that part but couldnt after what she's been through. But i think think she did a pretty good job.

Back