Olivia Munn coming to NBC -- Perfect Couples

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i don't think she's super hot. she's very nice looking, but any college campus has plenty of women equally as beautiful. its that she's on a tv show and a tv show catering to geeks and gamers. and she's pretty funny. and she's willing to do stuff most self respecting tv show people won't. like eating a hotdog dangling from a boom mic. the combination of all that stuff makes her high on the chick meter.

It's the right time, right place, surrounding of the right ppl. It just like a pro athlete that might not be good enough to make it to the majors but if the team does well enough and he has a great few games in the series, you capitalize on it.

Same goes for Hollywood, they know she's hot, she has captivated a audience, so why not.

And.... sometimes the athlete, actress, actor, business professional whatever they are get thrown into the spotlight/the sharks they rise above and become better than what they were good at in the first place.

You only get better with better talent surrounding you and the only way to do that is to keep moving forward.

this is about 3 years later than i would have expected though...its kinda like Christina Applegate. These chicks have a certain window and unless you're a steller actress, its gonna close quickly.

Yea....thats what I wonder. She is dating the dude that played Kirk in Star Trek. Does that mean anything or does that really make her "character" that much more believable?

I'm sure she isnt screwing him while wearing his Star Trek uniform. lol

It really doesnt matter what she does, its just a job.

I heard she had a cameo in Iron Man, and I see she's in a TV pilot, but I don't know if that constitutes a Hollywood fascination. Maybe it does. I guess it doesn't matter either way.
She was in Date Night too, but I think it was a small role. I certainly wouldn't say Hollywood is 'fascinated' with her. I think she's rather lucky, she's gone from a Nerd based TV show to appearing in movies, so good for her.

I can't believe there are guys out there that don't think she is super hot...I am feeling a little warm just thinking about her...

I just a visual image of Kathy Bates trying to hit James Caan's legs with a box of Trojans. Thanks....

Oh man, that ain't right! :ohbfrank:

And I'm not trying to hear that! :ignore:

kathybates.jpg

Sorry for my weak Microsoft Paint skills. :gah:

i don't think she's super hot. she's very nice looking, but any college campus has plenty of women equally as beautiful. its that she's on a tv show and a tv show catering to geeks and gamers. and she's pretty funny. and she's willing to do stuff most self respecting tv show people won't. like eating a hotdog dangling from a boom mic. the combination of all that stuff makes her high on the chick meter.

This is what I"m thinking. I don't find her hot at all. She's very good looking, but nothing compared to the local Sorority house talent you can find.

this is about 3 years later than i would have expected though...its kinda like Christina Applegate. These chicks have a certain window and unless you're a steller actress, its gonna close quickly.

Something like that....

But how can you compair her to Applegate?...Is she even steller? Shes never had a major role, only small acting parts? IMO, I don't find her that appealing. Yeah, shes a bit good looking, but shes comes off "fake" from the few times I seen her on AotS.

Had a surprise last night watching the Daily Show as...

Olivia Munn is now the Daily Show's new Senior Asian Correspondent!

fbf9dbcf.png

Makes total sense knowing her humor and how active she has become in causes.

She was only on AOTS on G4TV for eye candy. She doesn't know a thing about gaming or computers.Morgan Webb,from XPlay know's her stuff.Olivia can barely read off a teleprompter and at live events she's just awful. I'm sure she's at the Daily show for all her talents as well. If she's getting any laughs, i'm sure it's due to the writers on the show.How she's getting this work is beyond me.

Blair Butler is hotter then both Olivia and Morgan but, really..i don't give a crap about these people.

I can't believe how big she's gotten in the biz while Kevin Pereira (of AOTS) has been in the same position for god knows how long...

Must be because he doesn't have boobs and isn't willing to simulate felatio to a hot dog onscreen.

No she's still there just as much as she has been the past year. Which is to say, intermittently.

I do think Kevin deserves as much success as Olivia, if not more. And Kevin would totally simulate pleasuring a hot dog for a laugh, it just wouldn't play as well. And therein lies the difference in the trajectory of their careers.

So Olivia is off of AOTS? Thought I heard that, but haven't watched the show in a few months.

She's little more than an occasional guest host now, but she's still there. If her new sitcom takes off, I'm sure she'll be gone entirely though. I hope they replace her with Alison Haislip. She can be just a silly as Munn but actually seems to know what the hell she's talking about as well.

Back