Olivetti Venom Comiquette Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Sideshow/ Olivetti - Venom Comiquette

There's not really much rhyme or reason to it. You never really know what's going to be worth any money beyond SRP (and a lot of statues end up going for much lower on the secondary market).

Just get what you like regardless of what it may be worth in the future, you'll end up enjoying your collection much more :D

Yeah, that's really what I'm in it for. I've never got any pieces that I regret buying, aside from the one I mentioned earlier. So far I'm convinced on getting the Venom because Shellhead may go down in price later on as Ringer had mentioned.

Just in case my LCS doesn't have it coming in, is there anywhere else I can order this with a flexpay/layaway type option?

Last edited:

Mine will be here next week! :blissy:joy
first collectible I've bought in months!

Do you guys think that the Venom Reg. will be more desirable than the Venom Ex.? I've been wondering this for some time now.

Exclusive will retain value more especially if the ES on the trilogy are kept low on the exclusives.

People hate the print but there is always the possibility that they may put extra effort on the next 2.

Do you guys think that the Venom Reg. will be more desirable than the Venom Ex.? I've been wondering this for some time now.

There is no chance that the regular will be more desirable than the Exclusive. Both versions look exactly the same.

Exclusive will retain value more especially if the ES on the trilogy are kept low on the exclusives.

People hate the print but there is always the possibility that they may put extra effort on the next 2.

Yeah that was my reasoning for asking about the Reg & Ex. people hate that print. That was the reason I didn't open my Ex. one was because of the print is just uninspiring to say the least. But, I may change my mind when the "trilogy" is complete.

Just in case my LCS doesn't have it coming in, is there anywhere else I can order this with a flexpay/layaway type option?

I jumped on the flex pay waitlist a couple of weeks ago and it converted for me yesterday. So you might give that a try.

I got notice last week that Sideshow starts processing on january 5th for my exclusive... But nothing happened till now... :(
Come on Sideshow, I can't wait any longer!!!:emperor

Yeah that was my reasoning for asking about the Reg & Ex. people hate that print. That was the reason I didn't open my Ex. one was because of the print is just uninspiring to say the least. But, I may change my mind when the "trilogy" is complete.

That's why I decided to go with the EX (as soon as I can find one for a reasonable price). I know I will get the EX for Carnage and Spidey so I don't want to break up the set.

Put myself on the waitlist for the EX yesterday just in case. Hopefully it will convert but if I can get one on eBay for close to retail, I'll be happy.

At the end of the day, fans hate the print less than they love the low edition number and are willing to pay extra just to own one. This pretty much sends the message that SS can produce two runs of most of their releases, one large and one small. Extras such as prints are all but meaningless to many of these buyers. I wonder what percentage of these prints will actually be displayed.

Last edited:

Got my regular today, he looks amazing! Only disappointment for me is the eyes, I think mine were painted a little too pink. Definately not as white as the emblem on his chest.

Put myself on the waitlist for the EX yesterday just in case. Hopefully it will convert but if I can get one on eBay for close to retail, I'll be happy.

I got on the waitlist earlier this week for the EX and it converted the next day.

I got on the waitlist earlier this week for the EX and it converted the next day.

Are you serious!? Wow, I wonder if I'll get that lucky. I'm going to look for this at my LCS today but I put myself on the waitlist just in case. I didn't put sufficient funds in my credit card though. Do you lose the reservation right away or do they give you a time window?

Once you get the conversion email, you have a day or so to cancel it. Sometimes it seems even less because I've tried to cancel waitlist conversions in the past and have them already sent to the warehouse for shipping.

Alright, thanks for the heads up.

My situation though, is that I want to put this on Flexpay but if I had put myself on waitlist through Flexpay, I would've been charged for cancelling if I find this at my LCS today, right?

Like father like son???? Thank you, Sideshow. :D

VenomComiquette1.jpg

Back