Oldie but goodies (Power Rangers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was a huge fan when I was a teenager and at 31 still a huge fan of the Power Rangers and all Sentai/Tokusatsu live action.

I cant wait til they re-release the Power Rangers early next year. It will be interesting to see how they do the new show and new toys. Maybe this time I'll get a Dragon Zord. Ive actually been watching the new series Shinkenger from torrents. Its cool to see the new helmet designs based on Kanji symbols and the theme going back to the samurai look for the zords.

Pretty Old thread, but figured this would be better then making a new one.

Anyone that likes the older rangers or collects any of them, the new Power Rangers Super Legends Extreme line as just come out not to long ago. The set includes 2 rangers from RPM, and the Green Ranger from MMPR. These ones are taller then the other normal figures by an inch or two.

202_0023.jpg

They go for about $16.99 at Toys R Us, I havnt seen them anywhere else yet. But at Walmart I did see the Old Zord figures so Im assuming they will be there as well, not sure on price though. I also picked up another Super Legends Green Ranger the one that was the chaser figure during the jungel fury line.

That has to be the best Green Ranger figure yet, i have the version released before it that came out with the White Ranger as well and the other lame baddie, i have never seen this bigger scaled figure anywhere here in Canada. I must say though the paint applications on some of these are pretty poorly done.

I still need to pick up that larger Green Ranger.

As for the White, Green and Zedd, hopefully these new ones are in that same scale so you won't have to get new ones to fit. I'm ok with the paint, they're just kids toys really, it's just nice to see better scaled and, overall, better made figures compared to the flip head ones of old. The new Kimberly actually has female appearance and an actual skirt, I can't even remember, I think the flip one didn't even have painted skirt lines.

It's also nice that they don't have the dinosaur emblems on the chest like all the old figures, that was neat, but even at 11 years old, having those there when they weren't there on the show bothered me.

I still need to pick up that larger Green Ranger.

As for the White, Green and Zedd, hopefully these new ones are in that same scale so you won't have to get new ones to fit. I'm ok with the paint, they're just kids toys really, it's just nice to see better scaled and, overall, better made figures compared to the flip head ones of old. The new Kimberly actually has female appearance and an actual skirt, I can't even remember, I think the flip one didn't even have painted skirt lines.

It's also nice that they don't have the dinosaur emblems on the chest like all the old figures, that was neat, but even at 11 years old, having those there when they weren't there on the show bothered me.

Since that one picture I have painted the white diamonds on the upper body as well as painted in the dragon teeth.

The new ranger figures are only gonna be like 5" tall from what Ive been reading at rangerboard.

Since that one picture I have painted the white diamonds on the upper body as well as painted in the dragon teeth.

The new ranger figures are only gonna be like 5" tall from what Ive been reading at rangerboard.

So it's a larger Green Ranger, better body proportions, but lacking in paint, hadn't noticed the missing white on the upper body, I think I might pass now, bigger is cooler but it's lesser.

I'm looking forward to them doing the Zords over, original MMPR Megazord done with today's technology for toys should be awesome.

So not to change the subject here, but does anyone know when (if ever) season DVD box sets will be released for this show?

Not a problem, I'd like to know that myself. I've got the MMPR movie on DVD and a few favorite episodes off iTunes.

Not a problem, I'd like to know that myself. I've got the MMPR movie on DVD and a few favorite episodes off iTunes.

As do I!!! I have the MMPR Movie, Turbo Movie, and the Best of DVD. :rock (Yes, and for the record, this show is a guilty pleasure of mine. :lol)

I downloaded some eps. from iTunes including when the the Dinozords were replaced by the Thunderzords ("The Mutiny" Parts 1 - 3) a few years ago and now, I can't seem to find anything from those earlier seasons. iTunes apparently discontinued the downloads of the "old" seasons. :confused:

So it's a larger Green Ranger, better body proportions, but lacking in paint, hadn't noticed the missing white on the upper body, I think I might pass now, bigger is cooler but it's lesser.

I'm looking forward to them doing the Zords over, original MMPR Megazord done with today's technology for toys should be awesome.

to me the bigger one actually looks alot like an actor in a costume, where the other one just looks like a plain toy. Sure its missing some paint, but the figure seems more accurate to the show.

We'll see where this new line goes, if they mesh with the green and white already released, then I'll just focus on building up the collection of those and won't worry about the extra Green guy.

to me the bigger one actually looks alot like an actor in a costume, where the other one just looks like a plain toy. Sure its missing some paint, but the figure seems more accurate to the show.

I agree, and his dirk flute is painted where the smaller figure it is not.:D

I always like Zedd more, he was a cool character design, expose muscles and an exposed brain wrapped in silver armor.
zedd2.jpg

I always like Zedd more, he was a cool character design, expose muscles and an exposed brain wrapped in silver armor.
zedd2.jpg

i agree, i always thought Zedd looked great. Like the update to him for the movie as well. Bet he looks bleh without his mask though.

I actually didn't like the movie update, at least to the piece atop his head, they shortned it and I didn't like that, i prefer the sky high look from the show.

Back