Oldie but goodies (Power Rangers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really wish I still had a few of the old tall ones. You know, the ones that came in the triangle like box. I used to have them all. i miss them.:monkey2

Especially the white and the green ranger... although those came with the zords.

I never had the 8" ones but for White Ranger, Zedd and a kicking action Red Ranger. By the time I got into buying the figures, it was onto the 5-6" ones.

I remember when I got my first Power Ranger figure- even then I was so impressed by all the points of articulation. That's why i loved them so much. The little ones lacked a lot of joints so i was never fully satisfied with those. Just ended up shooting the small ones with my BB gun. :lol

:lol Never knew there was a thread here about this. I'm in the process of getting rid of all my PR stuff, just keeping my Green Ranger and GekiViolet stuff b/c they rock:rock I hope I find one of those SLE GR's soon

GekiViolet is great, my favorite ranger besides green.

What old Zords did you find at Walmart?

it was like a super legends set for zords i guess, one was the new RPM zord, the first megazord, and cant remember what the third one was. they are the same size of the 7" figures though.

I really wish I still had a few of the old tall ones. You know, the ones that came in the triangle like box. I used to have them all. i miss them.:monkey2

Especially the white and the green ranger... although those came with the zords.

I never had the 8" ones but for White Ranger, Zedd and a kicking action Red Ranger. By the time I got into buying the figures, it was onto the 5-6" ones.

to me the original figures were the best, the small ones always semmed cheap.. Favorites were of course Green and White. I think the white ranger/tigerzord was my first big purchase when i was little.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/mQCuJNVBecU&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/mQCuJNVBecU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

202_0039.jpg

What old Zords did you find at Walmart?

I think he is talking about the new 5 inch ones. I saw em at walmart too. Theres the one originally from MMPR and two other ones from newer shows. They were kinda different tho, they had a anime/cartoony look to them but I thought it looked kinda cool.

it was like a super legends set for zords i guess, one was the new RPM zord, the first megazord, and cant remember what the third one was. they are the same size of the 7" figures though.

Even better, i love the look of the Zords in battle mode but don't need them huge and the full functionality like the originals.

Just saw the Megazord on eBay, bummer, it looks really weird, definitely stylistic, I won't be getting it afterall, but the new Green Ranger for sure.

Just saw the Megazord on eBay, bummer, it looks really weird, definitely stylistic, I won't be getting it afterall, but the new Green Ranger for sure.

yeah like the other guy said they are abit anime style looking. I did pick up a megazord for walmart for 10.88, the other two look bleh. RPM and Wildforce are the other two. Shame these are smaller then what I thought, but they might be in scale with the older green ranger, so you can do the evil green ranger vs the megazord.

I just don't care for the anime look, looks strange to me, the overall design looks like how the look would be if there weren't someone in a suit, I like the person in a costume look, might just get the 10" one off eBay if I find it.

yeah i always liked the guy in costume look to the zords, especially the dragon zord. Here goes a quick pic of the ranger and zord

202_0040.jpg

the older green rangers is taller then the zord, i had thought they were the same height until i took the picture.

I never understood the fan-base for these.My kid use to love this stuff but he's now into Transformers.I of course grew up in the 80s,but even if I did grow up around the time these came out,I would have never been into it.And I'm really trying to suck in my hate for these as much as I can while writing this,you don't.... wan't to know my true feelings on power rangers.

I agree. Whats the average age on here? Im 33 and think I was just a little too old when this show came out but God I couldnt stand it.. I really felt kids shows took a dump in the 90's. This show was just the same thing everytime. Where the bad guys mouths not suppose to be in sync with the audio? I was an American show right?

I agree. Whats the average age on here? Im 33 and think I was just a little too old when this show came out but God I couldnt stand it.. I really felt kids shows took a dump in the 90's. This show was just the same thing everytime. Where the bad guys mouths not suppose to be in sync with the audio? I was an American show right?

Yeah, if you're over 30, I don't see how this show could've appealed to you at when you it originally came out. I was about 10 when this show started so I thought it was pretty cool to see a live action "voltron"-type show am I'm pretty excited to get these new figs. And yes, the bad guy footage where from the japanese Sentai version, so they were just dubbed over.

It's probably just an age thing since you were too old to have grown up with it. Same as with MOTU, Turtles and Transformers; if you were too old for those, you would have found them bad as well. Well, except for maybe TMNT, that was a pretty fun if silly cartoon.

It's not like the 90ies didn't have great cartoons though: Darkwing Duck, Ducktales, Beast Wars, Gargoyles, X-Men, Spiderman, Iron Man, then the various Cartoon Network shows (like Dexter's Lab, Johnny Brave, Cow and Chicken)...And let's not forget the rise of anime with the likes of Dragonball Z and Gundam Wing!

And the 90ties brought us Batman TAS, perhaps the best cartoon ever.:rock

But back on topic: The show did turn crap when it went to vehicles, but I have to say that I LOVED In Space, and still have fond memories of it. It actually had a solid and grim story, with the Rangers on the run and the galaxy slowly being taken over, and the ending was the perfect culmination of the Ranger saga. The show really should have ended there, since it went back to crap after that. Well, save for Dino Thunder, catched some of that and it was pretty awesome, nice little nostalgia-show.

Hrmn, I heard the very last Rangers show is pretty good too, well written and grim...Maybe I'll watch some of that on Youtube.:lol

Oh, and Bandai NEEDS to make a Masterpiece toys of the first Megazord and the Dragonzord!:joy Imagine how awesome that would be...Well, as long as it wasn't show accurate, and closer to art like this:

2lmmj2v.jpg

23vl47l.jpg

And finally for all you Green Ranger lovers:

nq5mat.jpg

Another show that was made purely for the sake of marketing the toys to children. Robotech, Transformers etc. They do look pretty cool, though.

I never understood the fan-base for these.My kid use to love this stuff but he's now into Transformers.I of course grew up in the 80s,but even if I did grow up around the time these came out,I would have never been into it.

While I'm obviously a rarity, MMPR is very much part of my student days... a silly, fun TV series which was (is) something of a chop suey; lots of ingredients madly mashed together which somehow worked.

PR's unique appeal, IMO, comes from two things. Firstly, it's live-action, which immediately gives it a feel that animation lacks (I'm not saying animation's bad - just that live action has its own charm). Secondly, as a show it really pushes the synergy of the team elements - a strong concept, which comes to life with the mecha combinations. It's no coincidence that PR's fanfic base is heavily into team dynamics.

Of course I don't expect to convince anyone it's good, but I hope you can understand that silliness and simplicity can have their own charm.

omg are those the ones with the flipup helmets with the faces underneath? i think i used to have those!

Back