Oldie but goodies (Power Rangers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't, I own the movie, I have dozens of episodes on my computer, pictures saved, action figures in my collection.

i have them both on DVD. bought the first one cause I used to like watching it when i was younger. got the second one cause it was only $5 at Target.

Hopefully with Disney re-airing these next year they will rectify that situation....

Is Disney re-airing them or are they totally doing them over with a whole new cast and crew to appeal more for the new demographic there gearing towards. As much as I want these to hit, Im waiting for Shinkenger to his the US so I can start picking those up.

I'm really surprised seasons aren't on DVD.

that was the thing I always found weird. They'd always throw random episodes on DVD, but for as popular as PR was, there were never so series DVD sets:confused: I ended up getting the German sets. No complaints from me with those

Don't feel bad... I'm 36 and I STILL watch it religiously.

hell yeah, im 31 and I too watch it religiously. I get laughed at alot, but I just pull the "you dont understand" card, :lol

I mean theres just something very creatively cool about the sentai/tokasatsu shows that nothing else really compares too. Its great stuff.

Don't feel bad... I'm 36 and I STILL watch it religiously.

hell yeah, im 31 and I too watch it religiously. I get laughed at alot, but I just pull the "you dont understand" card, :lol

I mean theres just something very creatively cool about the sentai/tokasatsu shows that nothing else really compares too. Its great stuff.

:horror....:rotfl....are you guys serious!?...........I kid, Kid!:D...I watch Sailor Moon myself and get laughed at constantly!:monkey4

Yes she was the best part of the show for many people. But so was this guy.

pr4.jpg

I met Jason David Frank a few years back. He was nothing short of a gentlemen to his fans. Definitely a pleasure to meet.

I'll admit that I was a little in awe when I met him though. I mean he's THE White Ranger!!! I got his autograph and took a picture with him. Truly a great day!! :rock

I wonder if they wrote the Green Ranger out for story purposes or because he wanted out, because even when he lost his powers he never fully left the show, and it wasn't long before the White Ranger came around.

have a hard time respecting anyone that liked power rangers and even harded time respecting someone that freely admits it.

I wonder if they wrote the Green Ranger out for story purposes or because he wanted out, because even when he lost his powers he never fully left the show, and it wasn't long before the White Ranger came around.

Good question! I don't really know. The main thing I remember talking to him about was life on the T.V. set vs. on the movie set. And he said "night and day." He mentioned that hours on the T.V. set were rough (of course) but while filming the movie, he said it was non-stop, in terms of commitment (ie even longer hours.) I remember him saying that working with a higher budget was definitely a treat though. :lol

I heard he's a cage fighter now.........:confused:

Yeah, he is. I was shocked as well. When I met him years back, he was definitely fit enough and not someone you would "tangle" with. Then, I saw his recent pic a month or so ago and thought: "Yep, would NOT want to mess with this guy." (He looks like he buffed up even more.)

I'm sure people will stereotype him by saying: "He was power ranger, etc. etc." But to them, I say...."And you point???"

I wish this guy the best of luck. Like I said in an earlier post, he was nothing short of a gentleman when I met him. He gave me all the time in the world to talk with him and didn't seem like he wanted to be elsewhere. He was really sincere to his fans in general. And because of that, he's earned my respect.

from what i remember him saying was that they only had so much green footage from japan, so after that they got rid of him. Then he was set to go into VR Troopers, but the company got calls and such from parents and kids that he was brought back as the white ranger.

For me it's easy... I love superheroes, I like kung fu movies, I like giant robots, I love Godzilla movies.... Power Rangers is like a combo of ALL of that!

Yeah Jason is a Purple belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (BJJ for those who know the sport) also hes a great Muay Thai fighter. He used to train at Master Toddys in Las Vegas. Currently hes training with Melvin Guillard (sp). He said hes got a huge target on his back people knowing hes the green ranger and knowing that people want to kick his ass, but he said hes going to give it his all and bring the fight. Ive seen him fight muay thai and he was really good and aggressive so I wish him the best and hopefully he knocks some people out.

jasonfrank-greenrang-mma.jpg

Back