Oldie but goodies (Power Rangers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the head flippers and the special metallic movie rangers too. Those movie suits were awesome, but after the movie it went down hill.

I used to get so excited over this poster:

mighty_morphin_power_rangers_the_movie_ver1.jpg

"oldies but goodies" and "power rangers" in the same sentence :confused::confused:.

Might as well show pics of pokemon picachu.

This show used to make my Saturday hangovers worse (then came Hanna Montana). This was the start of the end of the classic Saturday morning "cartoons".

I'm guessing fans of this show are 22/23 years old or younger.

Can't wait for the white ranger, green looks good alread and white from what I have seen looks great as well.

Do you have any pictures of the White Ranger? I'm with you, do all 7 Rangers, Goldar, Putty would be nice, I always liked the shark monster from the first couple seasons, that'd be cool too. Trouble is, how often are new waves released? It could take forever for them all to come out at 2 per wave, unless if popularity picks up they did a whole wave of the remaining figures.

I'm almost 35 and STILL a fan. Probably because I grew up on Voltron which is nothing more than an animated version of sentai. Heck, I like martial arts, I like super heroes, I like Godzilla movies.... Power Rangers is all of that combined....

I like Godzilla movies.... Power Rangers is all of that combined....

I think that's why Power Rangers appealed to me. I grew up watching Godzilla movies, have almost all of them on DVD and an extensive Godzilla figure collection, and I've been a huge Star Wars fan since all my life and also enjoy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and MMPR offered all of that, plus a cute girl which didn't hurt having as I entered the age of being interested in them haha. It's totally cheesy, but at the same time good, harmless fun, and some of the creature designs were actually pretty cool.

I was a fan and yes I'm 22 now. I watch it I think all through 3rd and 4th grade?

During it's prime, then as I got older I got less and less interested, still it has a place in my heart and childhood, no matter how cheesy it was.:cool:

I've been watching it since this thread peaked my interest, I've got about 20 episodes on my computer plus the movie on DVD, and I'm not afraid to admit it :) I like holding onto my childhood via music or TV/DVD or collectibles, and I find it actually a good memory excercise to have those things, because a lot of times I can remember some part of my past from them, like there are some figures I own still that I can remember when and where I got them and events of the day, like I have a Star Wars figure from like 10 years ago and I can still remember how I was out birthday shopping for my mother with my dad and we happend to be near a Toys R Us and he was nice enough to take me in and we found some figures I wanted and I remember him having me downplay that I got them when I got home because it was mom's day and that's who needed to be shined on. Small, insignificant memories in the grand scheme of life, but they are the moments that were part of the journey to where I am today, and I'm glad I'm able to hold onto some of them.

I've been watching it since this thread peaked my interest, I've got about 20 episodes on my computer plus the movie on DVD, and I'm not afraid to admit it :) I like holding onto my childhood via music or TV/DVD or collectibles, and I find it actually a good memory excercise to have those things, because a lot of times I can remember some part of my past from them, like there are some figures I own still that I can remember when and where I got them and events of the day, like I have a Star Wars figure from like 10 years ago and I can still remember how I was out birthday shopping for my mother with my dad and we happend to be near a Toys R Us and he was nice enough to take me in and we found some figures I wanted and I remember him having me downplay that I got them when I got home because it was mom's day and that's who needed to be shined on. Small, insignificant memories in the grand scheme of life, but they are the moments that were part of the journey to where I am today, and I'm glad I'm able to hold onto some of them.

Same with me, toys, movies, video games, music...as I dig up old toys, play my favorite old games, watch those old movies and shows, they take me back to the time. Where I was, what I liked, the sights, the smells, my old friends, neighborhoods, etc.

I've really been into old SNES game soundtracks lately. Hearing them take me back to the early 90s, and back to when things were so much more simplier.

Do you have any pictures of the White Ranger? I'm with you, do all 7 Rangers, Goldar, Putty would be nice, I always liked the shark monster from the first couple seasons, that'd be cool too. Trouble is, how often are new waves released? It could take forever for them all to come out at 2 per wave, unless if popularity picks up they did a whole wave of the remaining figures.

Couldnt find where I saw the pictures before, but here is a youtube link.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfYZI96fiSk

If they do make a Goldar, hopefully they make him correct size instead of being as small as zed is, cause a mini goldar would look a little sad.

I'm almost 35 and STILL a fan. Probably because I grew up on Voltron which is nothing more than an animated version of sentai. Heck, I like martial arts, I like super heroes, I like Godzilla movies.... Power Rangers is all of that combined....

Im 25 and liked the original 3 seasons of PR only, anything after that I nevered touched. Before the actual ranger toys came out, I used to use Voltron figures to act as the rangers and megazord.

Just picked up an extra Lord Zed to open, and its def an opener, the new one was watered damaged or something cause the box is all wet and messy.

CIMG0019.jpg

I see what you mean about the 15th Anniversary Red Ranger, not worth it in my opinion, still be nice to see a legends version with the better body.

eca1_1.JPG

Yeah it looked alright on its own, but it def didn't match with any other ones. Would of bought it without thinking if instead of doing all red they released all originals. I still should of bought one that way when I get my hands on another green I could of made a red ranger one. Either way I bought some new morphers, dont really care for the new shows, but thought the wolf morpher looked kinda neat, and the battle claws seemed ok.

CIMG0031.jpg

and here is what I was able to dig up for the green ranger thus far...dragonzord is missing his tail and stand.

CIMG0030.jpg

the newest thing is the custom dragon morpher, well kinda. The morpher was from childhood but the gold faceplate and coin came from ebay.

That picture reminds me of another thing I like about the Legends figures over the old figures, the dinosaur symbol on the chest always bothered me a bit because that was never there in the show, at least with Green and White Ranger you had the shield to cover it.

yeah that always bothered my as well, but atleast with the movie they did show the dinos on them....plus the white ranger did have one on his armor anyways but not on his actual body.

Found a picture of the white ranger with the other new JF figures.

BA30000Hlg.jpg

Gotta say the wolf/purple one looks pretty neat. Couldn't find a date for the release though.

White Ranger looks great, and I dig your new signature. Is it known what/if the other Legends figure will be?

Oh Yeah....I loved Kimberly

418QSDCZN5L._SS500_.jpg

I will admit seeing her nude in Pursuit of Happiness (Not the Will Smith one) and having sex on camera was a little weird though....Movie was crappy don't recommend it.

I will say this I will pick up a Green Ranger Legends figure probably a White Ranger as well but I'd love a 1:1 Green Dragonzord helmet, it'd be the only one I'd want though.

Back