Oldie but goodies (Power Rangers)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool...I had that Head Flipping Green Ranger...

Power Rangers was good up until the first movie...after that it kind of sucked...

The original theme tune was great...

"Go Go Power Rangers! Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers!"

Found my Red and Yellow flippers today while I was downstairs looking for the morpher coins....can't find Tri and Dragon :confused:

I agree with you about the show. It was good up until the movie, and then after that it started to go down hill. Now if they were to do another Ranger movie, they should use the original cast with their classic coustumes...w/green ranger. But even then it would still be horrid, but I'd still prob watch it.

I have the MP3 of it.

I got the TV version and the 4min extended version along with green/white...pretty much all ranger songs I think. Crappy music but fun to listen to....if you get what Im saying.

Sniper33 said:
YOU SUCK!

:monkey1

Im making a video that is gonna show the conversion of a regular morpher into the green rangers morpher...but since i dont have the conversion kit Im stuck with a partial video until I get the other parts.

Mighty Morphins were the best! Tommy was gay. Red Ranger all the way!:D

So you do like tommy then....assuming you go by what ever series where he was the red ranger.

Well got part of the video done for my conversion of my morpher (still need to actually order the kit), ended up breaking the wire on the inside so no more lights and sounds for me....but Im wanting to buy another one so I can have a green/white ranger morphers.

Alright fixed my Morpher, just had to carefully reattach the wires without knocking the other one out. Found another one of my coins, found both Megazord and Dragonzord (kept thunder and white tiger in the basement). Was also able to find my White/Blue Ranger gloves in the basement.....and atlong last I finally found my Dragon Dagger.

And also, does anyone know how big these things are? some people said they are oversized and such

mmhelmetgreen001.jpg

would also need to get one of those manniquin head things, well two (one for boba and then one for this one).

Ooh, i remember watching Power Rangers all the time when i was a kid. Untill it got cancelled for some dumb reason. Me and my friends were "uuuhguuu""

Alright fixed my Morpher, just had to carefully reattach the wires without knocking the other one out. Found another one of my coins, found both Megazord and Dragonzord (kept thunder and white tiger in the basement). Was also able to find my White/Blue Ranger gloves in the basement.....and atlong last I finally found my Dragon Dagger.

And also, does anyone know how big these things are? some people said they are oversized and such

mmhelmetgreen001.jpg

would also need to get one of those manniquin head things, well two (one for boba and then one for this one).

It'd be really cool to have the Green Ranger helmet and a real replica of the Dragon Dagger (not the toy).

Hopefully my Legends Green Ranger and Zed ship soon.

ironically Attack of the Show on G4 today, not kidding, is having a discussion and has them all on a table and discussing how they changed from where they started. i still hate them though.

she was so cute.

I loved Power Rangers. Still do. It's like my generations transformers. You can ask anyone 'hey, do you remember power rangers' and you get everyone's story of 'oh i was the ___ one!!!'. It's so awesome.

I remember after getting the original set I went to the dollar store and got the knock off versions and played with them as a new set of rangers. It was awesome. i was the first boy yellow ranger.

That was always the funny part of MMPR, the Yellow Ranger. In the original show from overseas, the Pink was the only female so the only skirted uniform, but then America decides to try and even things out a bit with 2 girls but the Yellow costume had to continue looking like the guys to match when they used the original footage.

The original costumes, while subtly, looked better. The Green Ranger looked like his shoulder armor was made of vinyl or something sturdy so it really had and armor look to it but the American version had a different shape and was made of cloth and totally cheapened it. I know it's a kid's show but still, spend a few $$ in the name of quality :lol

It'd be really cool to have the Green Ranger helmet and a real replica of the Dragon Dagger (not the toy).

Hopefully my Legends Green Ranger and Zed ship soon.

The toy is nice, but the replica dagger looks alot better, shame it goes for so much though. When you get your Legends figure's, you gonna open them up or no?

This thread needs some Kimberly.

38.jpg

Yeah used to think she was pretty hot back then as well (prob still is just havent seen anything recently).

The original costumes, while subtly, looked better. The Green Ranger looked like his shoulder armor was made of vinyl or something sturdy so it really had and armor look to it but the American version had a different shape and was made of cloth and totally cheapened it. I know it's a kid's show but still, spend a few $$ in the name of quality :lol

I used to think the change in the green rangers armor was from season 1 to 2, but while watching some episodes recently thats when I noticed that it was just different from country footage. I prefer the Japanese version of the cheapy looking one they had over here.

The toy is nice, but the replica dagger looks alot better, shame it goes for so much though. When you get your Legends figure's, you gonna open them up or no?

Yeah used to think she was pretty hot back then as well (prob still is just havent seen anything recently).

I used to think the change in the green rangers armor was from season 1 to 2, but while watching some episodes recently thats when I noticed that it was just different from country footage. I prefer the Japanese version of the cheapy looking one they had over here.

1) Yes I intend to open them as soon as I get them, hopefully might be before the weekend that I get them and I'll be sure to share pictures.

2) She's still a cutey, she did a few TV movies and starred in a WB show called Felicity after her Power Ranger career ended. She's also a musician.

3) I'm glad the Legends Green Ranger is true to the Japanese design and not the American, makes the figure all the better for it.

One thing I find funny about the Bandai figures back in the day, the 8" ones never included their unique character weapons, only the gun, but the morphing smaller figures did and you could even combine them just like in the show.

1) Yes I intend to open them as soon as I get them, hopefully might be before the weekend that I get them and I'll be sure to share pictures.

2) She's still a cutey, she did a few TV movies and starred in a WB show called Felicity after her Power Ranger career ended. She's also a musician.

3) I'm glad the Legends Green Ranger is true to the Japanese design and not the American, makes the figure all the better for it.

One thing I find funny about the Bandai figures back in the day, the 8" ones never included their unique character weapons, only the gun, but the morphing smaller figures did and you could even combine them just like in the show.

Cant wait to see the pictures, my ranger and zedd are still in their pacakages. The White Ranger came with Saba, but other then that none of the other 6 came with a weapons besides the blaster. Which would of been a nice little thing to through in there, thought they would look cheapo, but still would of been nice to have.

I should have my parts for my dragonzord morpher and white tiger coin in this week, and hopefully my halo kotobukiya as well.

I'll have pictures tonight, they came today. Granted they're cheap toys, but Zed is a little poorly done, really made for being in the package only, the entire back side of his torso armor is unpainted. Green Ranger is awesome, everything I wished MMPR figures had been back in the day.

Looking at Zedd you can tell he was gonna be a little cheapy, but Im always tempted to pop open that green ranger cause he looks so cool in his package. Hopefully your pictures suck horriably so I dont end up crying "WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!) while holding the shredded remains of its package....meaning your pictures are good and I have a feeling its gonna tempt me to wanna open it up even more.

Well, hopefully I don't lead you to any regrettable decisions :lol If you do open your Green Ranger, I think it's worth it, if you really like MMPR and grew up with the original figures, it's a total snap back to those days and even more exciting for the accurracy. I love that the Green Ranger's armor is rubber so they could paint the black line on the triangle and have the sybols at the corners, one flaw of the old metallica armor. As you'll see in one picture, it goes on via a slit in the back, which ensures a nice tight fit, which the old Green Ranger in this scale lacked, on mine, the two prongs would often barely hold in the holes you connected them into. Though the overall execution of Zed is pretty basic, his sculpting is very true to the show, which is nice compared to the 2 Zed figures from back in the day which were more stylistic. Another nice improvement since the old 6 inch figures is the Green Ranger's helmet has a long profile because of not flipping into the body, and of course the chest isn't oversized for that feature either so the whole figure is in proportion. The only thing that's really off to me is Zed being so much shorter than Green Ranger, seems like maybe Bandai wanted to promote the strength of heroes over villains. I'll definitely get a White Ranger like this, and I hope at somepoint the Red Ranger and Goldar are made as well.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Well, hopefully I don't lead you to any regrettable decisions :lol If you do open your Green Ranger, I think it's worth it, if you really like MMPR and grew up with the original figures, it's a total snap back to those days and even more exciting for the accurracy. I love that the Green Ranger's armor is rubber so they could paint the black line on the triangle and have the sybols at the corners, one flaw of the old metallica armor. As you'll see in one picture, it goes on via a slit in the back, which ensures a nice tight fit, which the old Green Ranger in this scale lacked, on mine, the two prongs would often barely hold in the holes you connected them into. Though the overall execution of Zed is pretty basic, his sculpting is very true to the show, which is nice compared to the 2 Zed figures from back in the day which were more stylistic. Another nice improvement since the old 6 inch figures is the Green Ranger's helmet has a long profile because of not flipping into the body, and of course the chest isn't oversized for that feature either so the whole figure is in proportion. The only thing that's really off to me is Zed being so much shorter than Green Ranger, seems like maybe Bandai wanted to promote the strength of heroes over villains. I'll definitely get a White Ranger like this, and I hope at somepoint the Red Ranger and Goldar are made as well.

5.jpg

The last picture looks good and bad, good cause the pose on tommy is nice, but bad cause you see the unpainted details on zed. When I found my old toys I noticed that I used tap to hold the armor onto my green and white rangers. The size on Zed is bad I think, even if they wanted to make the good guys look stronger, they could of made zed atleast an inch taller, but oh well. Can't wait for the white ranger, green looks good alread and white from what I have seen looks great as well. Red Ranger was made for the 15th anniversy line last year, looked alright but he was all pumped. Either way to complete the legends line they need all 7 Rangers, Goldar, and maybe a putty?

But to go along with the legends theme, since they got the new wolf and solar morphers out now (Just bought the wolf one and made a custom strap for it) they could release small amounts of MMPR morhpers as well.

Well went ahead and did it, Im sure Ill find another Green Ranger around, especially when my store starts to carry this wave.

CIMG0016.jpg

CIMG0017.jpg

Had wanted the Blue and Red ranger for a custom and since TRU had a buy 2 get 1 free sale, shark was picked...but only for his sword. I really do miss the bicep articulation, could get better poses out of the figures, and also a tad shame that the green ranger cant move his feet like the others can.

Back